Quality getting worse.. Probably no more chanel :(

Interesting. Sorry! I'm not sure of how the leather would morph like that if it was empty and stored properly. How long ago did you purchase it?
Yeah everyone who saw my bag was shocked. I’m so depressed cause I cannot believe that chanel is not so durable. I am using several LVs for so many years until now and they are still in good condition. I bought it on end May this year in Paris but I didnt use it after. I decided to use it in my travel to London and Japan. From Malaysia to London the bag was ok. Then I use my LV in going around London.When I was leaving London to fly to Japan , I intend to use my Chanel again. So when I was planning to transfer my stuffs from my lv to chanel I notice that there is something wrong with my Chanel. Do you know how to feedback this to Chanel Paris? Warranty is not international coverage? Thanks.

Sorry I can't offer any useful advice, as I've never had quality issues with my Chanel purchases. If I were in your shoes, I'd visit the boutique in the country where I live and have them step in and coordinate with Paris, if that's at all possible.

Yes I bought it brand new from Printemps Paris. Do you know how to ask for replacement? Its quite hard to reach the Chamel Paris!

To be honest I couldn’t even believe that’s a chanel! Until I looked closer -_-

I pray that you’ll get a credit/replacement. That’s like nightmare on chanel street at it’s worst. I know I’m not helping but just wanna let you know I empathize and you’ve all the right to have it replaced. Please update here.

Reactions: pursesareeverything
Hi, I am new here. I am so sad about what happened to my chanel flap bag jumbo caviar. I just used it for 3x and so shocked to see the quality/texture of the lower front part has been changed. It can also show some deformation. When I notice it I have shown it to the Heathrow airport Chanel boutique but since I was flying to Japan, they suggest to bring it there. I brought it to Chanel Ginza but they suggested that I called Chanel Paris where I bought it since it was their first time to see it. I tried to call Chanel Printemps several times both at their direct telephone number from the website and the customer service center from the email reply I got from them. The customer service lady Soyara said she will email me to ask the information and will talk thru emails on the details. But I nevee received a call. I lodged a report thru the Chanel paris customer service but no response as of the moment. I am currently on holiday in Japan and I am so worried about my bag. How come a Chanel bag can easily ruined like that?? I hope someone can help me how to reach Chanel Paris and ask for its replacement. I am so scared to buy Chanel again. This is so expensive and yet its like this. Please help on how I can resolve this. I thought I can ask for replacement internationally. But it seems Chanel Japan is different management. In fairness with Chamel Japan they are so nice to check ans investigate my case but so far they never see like this before.

Thats beyond what Ive seen before this. Im so sorry it happens to you. Seems you have bought it from Printemps? Since Chanel boutique & the departmental store (example: printemps & layafayette) has a different store policy, probably its best to go back go printemps.

Chanel boutique only allows exchanges & store credit within a timeframe, where as departmental store usually accept return. Check your receipt on this. However, since you bought from the departmental store&still within the return/exchange period, probably the chanel boutiques would ask you to reach Printemps to sort this out first. If theres any way for you to visit the store, thats would be the most ideal. Face to face communication is more effective for this kind of cases.

Keep following up with the person via email. And try to get hold of Chanel Printemps. Departmental store chanel based my experience is hard to be contacted since you go through the departmental main line, then only they shift the call to chanel store, so you have to be persevere.

I would advice you to try get hold of them within the exchange/return timeframe, since the bag seems to have problem structurally. Be ready to have your story of how/what/when you notice it happened, since its such a rare case this happen unless the bag has been crushed over use. Probably thats why the boutiques you approached was shocked since they never seen the bag like that from a short time use. Other than the store you bought it from will not do exchange/store credit on bags with defect.

After the exchange/return time frame, Chanel could only honor you the repair service, which they might/might not be able to do, depending on Paris assesment. If they do it will take a very long time, since its a structural problem. You can send chanel bags for repair via any store/Boutiques since all bags will go to Paris for further assessment for serious cases like this. Some members here were given store credit on bags that had not been able to restored after the bag been sent to Paris for assessment. However the bag was purchased & sent for service at the same boutiques store, so probably its easier for them to be given store credit.

Persevere & I really hope you will be able to sort this out soon. All the best..

Hi, I am new here. I am so sad about what happened to my chanel flap bag jumbo caviar. I just used it for 3x and so shocked to see the quality/texture of the lower front part has been changed. It can also show some deformation. When I notice it I have shown it to the Heathrow airport Chanel boutique but since I was flying to Japan, they suggest to bring it there. I brought it to Chanel Ginza but they suggested that I called Chanel Paris where I bought it since it was their first time to see it. I tried to call Chanel Printemps several times both at their direct telephone number from the website and the customer service center from the email reply I got from them. The customer service lady Soyara said she will email me to ask the information and will talk thru emails on the details. But I nevee received a call. I lodged a report thru the Chanel paris customer service but no response as of the moment. I am currently on holiday in Japan and I am so worried about my bag. How come a Chanel bag can easily ruined like that?? I hope someone can help me how to reach Chanel Paris and ask for its replacement. I am so scared to buy Chanel again. This is so expensive and yet its like this. Please help on how I can resolve this. I thought I can ask for replacement internationally. But it seems Chanel Japan is different management. In fairness with Chamel Japan they are so nice to check ans investigate my case but so far they never see like this before.

It looks like it had gotten wet (soaked/humid) and not formed when drying, or it looks like it was placed too close to a heat source (or left in a vehicle), and the moisture evaporated from the leather. Does it feel dry (dryer than your average leather), or does it feel flimsy?
I had an LV bag that looked like this- my hubby forgot it in the trunk of the car when he took the bags from the airport to the hotel, while my daughter and I hit Disneyland. The heat warped the bag and it never regained its shape, though I wore it only the one time. Ugh!

Hello everyone;

I am interested in buying a jumbo iridescent burgundy flap from the 2018 cruise collection. In inspecting the strap, it was made of more than one piece of leather. It was not a continuous piece intertwined in the hardware but had a raw edge in a couple of parts where two pieces were attached to complete the strap. Is this normal? It seems minor but so sloppy for such an expensive piece.
I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks!

IMG_2383.JPG
Hello everyone;

I am interested in buying a jumbo iridescent burgundy flap from the 2018 cruise collection. In inspecting the strap, it was made of more than one piece of leather. It was not a continuous piece intertwined in the hardware but had a raw edge in a couple of parts where two pieces were attached to complete the strap. Is this normal? It seems minor but so sloppy for such an expensive piece.
I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks!
Here is a photo. I apologize for the quality but the issue is clearly seen.

It looks like it had gotten wet (soaked/humid) and not formed when drying, or it looks like it was placed too close to a heat source (or left in a vehicle), and the moisture evaporated from the leather. Does it feel dry (dryer than your average leather), or does it feel flimsy?
I had an LV bag that looked like this- my hubby forgot it in the trunk of the car when he took the bags from the airport to the hotel, while my daughter and I hit Disneyland. The heat warped the bag and it never regained its shape, though I wore it only the one time. Ugh!

I agree. I think the poster may have accidentally gotten the item wet and tried to dry it on her own, causing the leather to warp. I really don't think Chanel will take the bag back - it doesn't look like normal wear and tear, it looks like a really bad accident happened unfortunately :sad: Either way Chanel will ask what happened and investigate. Maybe it was placed in a too humid area and warped but I don't think Chanel will repair or give you warranty for that since it's not really a quality issue in my opinion, just that it wasn't stored or kept properly perhaps? Maybe more info from the poster will help? Good luck either way!

I'm so sorry that this happened [emoji21] [emoji21] I wouldn't continue using that bag to prevent it from further damage. It seems that the leather is pretty dry. Dry leather is very fragile. Store it properly and carefully while waiting. Please update us. Hoping the best of luck for you

Hi I'm new to this forum and I wasn't sure where to post but I have a question about what looks like a thread coming out of one of the quilts in my new calfskin US backpack. I bought this bag at a Chanel boutique by phone order. I LOVE this bag! I don't want to return it at all but I'm very curious to know what this is. This is a very tiny thread looking thing coming out of the leather. Has anyone seen this before? At what stage in the manufacturing process could this thread get stuck in the leather? Thanks so much if anyone knows! It's too tiny in real life to worry about, but I'm curious what it is! The last picture shows how small it is.

Attachments

• IMG_3401.jpg
    IMG_3401.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 2,338
  • IMG_3404.jpg
    IMG_3404.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 2,342
  • IMG_34051.jpg
    IMG_34051.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 2,364
  • IMG_3408 copy.jpg
    IMG_3408 copy.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 2,357
Hello Everyone,
Just got my WOC in the mail today. I was really excited, and over the moon to have it in my hands. However, after carefully examining it, I don’t know how I should feel. There seems to be peeling on the corners inside. Am I making too big of a deal over this?
85EC64B4-BE08-4260-8C2F-11D8F82B45B7.jpeg

BBD6CB19-12F0-4941-A775-D83CE5468C7D.jpeg

Hi I'm new to this forum and I wasn't sure where to post but I have a question about what looks like a thread coming out of one of the quilts in my new calfskin US backpack. I bought this bag at a Chanel boutique by phone order. I LOVE this bag! I don't want to return it at all but I'm very curious to know what this is. This is a very tiny thread looking thing coming out of the leather. Has anyone seen this before? At what stage in the manufacturing process could this thread get stuck in the leather? Thanks so much if anyone knows! It's too tiny in real life to worry about, but I'm curious what it is! The last picture shows how small it is.

Could it be a tiny bit of leather rather than a thread?