Quality getting worse.. Probably no more chanel :(

View attachment 3732836 Here another closer photo of the tear..
Holy hell, I just checked my CF blue roi m/l caviar RHW and noticed exactly same thing like your in the same area of the bag bought in feb 16 ( cruise collection), wear about 10 times.
Also the strap was not folded, but left raw and now fraying too.
All my other 6 Chanel bag is ok.
Will talk to Chanel to see any thing can be done ???
Guess if i keep using it, it will nick and crack more !!!!
Look like caviar is vulnerable for the nicks and crack as the leather is dry and was heavily treated to form the caviar appearance.

Hi guys. I'm not sure if this is a quality issue but have any of you guys noticed issues with the leather being softer and more saggy recently?? That was an issue I had with the medium flap I recently purchased in caviar leather. I ended up exchanging the bag in the end, but the leather from my second medium flap is still noticeably softer and more squishy than the caviar of my jumbo.

Last edited:
Reactions: camillakas
Hi guys. I'm not sure if this is a quality issue but have any of you guys noticed issues with the leather being softer and more saggy recently?? That was an issue I had with the medium flap I recently purchased in caviar leather. I ended up exchanging the bag in the end, but the leather from my second medium flap is still noticeably softer and more squishy than the caviar of my jumbo.

I've noticed this too. My caviar double flap jumbo leather is softer than my single flap Jumbos. Single flap is more durable as well. Everytime I wear my double flap I'm worried if I'll scratch it or have a wear on it whereas I'm carefree with my older Chanels. I've decided no more Chanels for me. Too bad they're only concerned about profit than quality and customer care. :sad:

Reactions: pursesareeverything
I've seen the same. At first I though it was only my recent purchase but now I can read it everywhere. I am sad because the older caviar was so durable. My first jumbo (about 6 years old) is still as good as new.

I normally just enjoy reading Chanel forum but rarely contributed. I make an exception for this thread because I can't agree more.
There's a youtuber who I watch frequently and she talked about a problem with her mini

Yesterday I went to Harrods to check some bags out and found the exact same problem as described on her video with all of the minis on display. I'm glad I stick to Dior, better quality, superb customer service!

Oh man I didn't even notice but mine is the same and I'm so sad. It has the raw edges and even has some parts sticking out that were in the bag and I'm worried about that now. I bought mine a year ago at the Nordstrom chanel and haven't used it because I was saving for a special occasion.

Too bad it was my first one and I had no idea what to look for. It even has the tags and it's brand new, i wonder if it would be possible to exchange. It has been a year already. :sad:
20171126_174104-1328x747.jpg Screenshot_20171126-180108-270x480.jpg Screenshot_20171126-180032-270x480.jpg

Hi, I am new here. I am so sad about what happened to my chanel flap bag jumbo caviar. I just used it for 3x and so shocked to see the quality/texture of the lower front part has been changed. It can also show some deformation. When I notice it I have shown it to the Heathrow airport Chanel boutique but since I was flying to Japan, they suggest to bring it there. I brought it to Chanel Ginza but they suggested that I called Chanel Paris where I bought it since it was their first time to see it. I tried to call Chanel Printemps several times both at their direct telephone number from the website and the customer service center from the email reply I got from them. The customer service lady Soyara said she will email me to ask the information and will talk thru emails on the details. But I nevee received a call. I lodged a report thru the Chanel paris customer service but no response as of the moment. I am currently on holiday in Japan and I am so worried about my bag. How come a Chanel bag can easily ruined like that?? I hope someone can help me how to reach Chanel Paris and ask for its replacement. I am so scared to buy Chanel again. This is so expensive and yet its like this. Please help on how I can resolve this. I thought I can ask for replacement internationally. But it seems Chanel Japan is different management. In fairness with Chamel Japan they are so nice to check ans investigate my case but so far they never see like this before.

Attachments

• 237B5F5F-DD2A-46E5-A9E8-7E50A9BFEB04.jpeg
    237B5F5F-DD2A-46E5-A9E8-7E50A9BFEB04.jpeg
    176.2 KB · Views: 2,750
  • C4789808-8583-4846-98EE-06EAC8D89B63.jpeg
    C4789808-8583-4846-98EE-06EAC8D89B63.jpeg
    310.2 KB · Views: 2,759
Hi, I am new here. I am so sad about what happened to my chanel flap bag jumbo caviar. I just used it for 3x and so shocked to see the quality/texture of the lower front part has been changed. It can also show some deformation. When I notice it I have shown it to the Heathrow airport Chanel boutique but since I was flying to Japan, they suggest to bring it there. I brought it to Chanel Ginza but they suggested that I called Chanel Paris where I bought it since it was their first time to see it. I tried to call Chanel Printemps several times both at their direct telephone number from the website and the customer service center from the email reply I got from them. The customer service lady Soyara said she will email me to ask the information and will talk thru emails on the details. But I nevee received a call. I lodged a report thru the Chanel paris customer service but no response as of the moment. I am currently on holiday in Japan and I am so worried about my bag. How come a Chanel bag can easily ruined like that?? I hope someone can help me how to reach Chanel Paris and ask for its replacement. I am so scared to buy Chanel again. This is so expensive and yet its like this. Please help on how I can resolve this. I thought I can ask for replacement internationally. But it seems Chanel Japan is different management. In fairness with Chamel Japan they are so nice to check ans investigate my case but so far they never see like this before.
Oh my gosh, I've never seen just a warped looked flap before? Maybe you overstuffed it?

Wow, sorry about this, I hate to say it but the lower front looks pretty bad. Did you buy it brand new from the boutique? They need to exchange your bag if that's the case.

Wow, sorry about this, I hate to say it but the lower front looks pretty bad. Did you buy it brand new from the boutique? They need to exchange your bag if that's the case.
Yes I bought it brand new from Printemps Paris. Do you know how to ask for replacement? Its quite hard to reach the Chamel Paris!

I didn’t overstuffed. I am really shocked how it happened! I take care of it better than my LV bags cause its so expensive. It seems LV bags are more durable than chanel. So sad.
Interesting. Sorry! I'm not sure of how the leather would morph like that if it was empty and stored properly. How long ago did you purchase it?

Reactions: bags to die for