Quality getting worse.. Probably no more chanel :(

New to the forum, is this stitching acceptable or no?

Thank you gals.

image-jpeg.3414272

My Reissue’s stitching looks like that, and Leather Surgeons said it’s normal... for a seven year old bag. If this is brand new, it isn’t the most perfect seam, but the bag is not compromised. It’s fine, it probably looks gorgeous regardless, and I’m happy with my bag. Enjoy yours! It’ll look like that in time, anyway. :hugs:

That is terrible! I went through 8 medium CF before I could find one without any issues. I hope you were able to secure one without any flaws.
I also went trough my last purchase ( black reissue small 225 RHW ) like you...My first one was defective in November 2017 unfortunately....then for 3 month waiting until January 2018, All of 7 total ( ! ) I saw at the boutique for 3 month each were something wrong...had real heart broken and disappointed by their quality... never had in my 20 years Chanel history...very sad :sad:

My 3rd reissue and the last purchase was ruthenium hardware though, I also noticed recent antique gold hardware on reissues I saw several pieces at the boutique was very faded and matte pale color compare to a few years ago, and I was shocked to see some of gold HW was different shade of gold color on turn-lock VS chains in 1 bag.... :wtf: I also saw many of recent bottom leather was very stiff on corner and wavy shape on the bottom....:shocked:

Last edited:
I also went trough my last purchase ( black reissue small 225 RHW ) like you...My first one was defective in November 2017 unfortunately....then for 3 month waiting until January 2018, All of 7 total ( ! ) I saw at the boutique for 3 month each were something wrong...had real heart broken and disappointed by their quality... never had in my 20 years Chanel history...very sad :sad:

My 3rd reissue and the last purchase was ruthenium hardware though, I also noticed recent antique gold hardware on reissues I saw several pieces at the boutique was very faded and matte pale color compare to a few years ago, and I was shocked to see some of gold HW was different shade of gold color on turn-lock VS chains in 1 bag.... :wtf: I also saw many of recent bottom leather was very stiff on corner and wavy shape on the bottom....:shocked:

I feel your pain and what you went through for your reissue. The Chanel buying experience should not include us examining the bag for flaws and issues! Isn't that what Quality Control is for? I swear it does not exist. My recent experience was a bit stressful and full of worry and to say the least, time consuming going back and forth to the boutique.

I wished I was able to take pics of the flaws I saw on the medium CFs but my SA could only bring out a few at a time. She brought out newly arrived bags for me to view. I was shocked and extremely disappointed with the quality when I was viewing them. Yes, the cardboard was missing on the bottom of one of the flaps and it felt like a Reissue bottom! There was a bump (it felt like material was sewn in between the outer layer and the inside!) on the bottom of another bag.....yes, it was very noticeable. There was another flap where the inside flap felt really flimsy and wasn't stretched enough so it will lose its shape over time.

Yes, I did notice the antique gold hardware color showing a pale ruthenium on the chain for some boys I was considering buying. But after seeing those, I am staying away from antique/aged gold hardware. Unfortunately, I prefer the antique gold look over the aged/antique ruthenium hardware. When I showed my SA that the color had rubbed off, she said that was normal. Really? I might as well buy an aged/antique ruthenium hardware bag instead! The shocking part is that these bags will sell because of the high demand, low inventory and having only 1 store in my city. I was going to add a small CF but I am really thinking against it.

I feel your pain and what you went through for your reissue. The Chanel buying experience should not include us examining the bag for flaws and issues! Isn't that what Quality Control is for? I swear it does not exist. My recent experience was a bit stressful and full of worry and to say the least, time consuming going back and forth to the boutique.

I wished I was able to take pics of the flaws I saw on the medium CFs but my SA could only bring out a few at a time. She brought out newly arrived bags for me to view. I was shocked and extremely disappointed with the quality when I was viewing them. Yes, the cardboard was missing on the bottom of one of the flaps and it felt like a Reissue bottom! There was a bump (it felt like material was sewn in between the outer layer and the inside!) on the bottom of another bag.....yes, it was very noticeable. There was another flap where the inside flap felt really flimsy and wasn't stretched enough so it will lose its shape over time.

Yes, I did notice the antique gold hardware color showing a pale ruthenium on the chain for some boys I was considering buying. But after seeing those, I am staying away from antique/aged gold hardware. Unfortunately, I prefer the antique gold look over the aged/antique ruthenium hardware. When I showed my SA that the color had rubbed off, she said that was normal. Really? I might as well buy an aged/antique ruthenium hardware bag instead! The shocking part is that these bags will sell because of the high demand, low inventory and having only 1 store in my city. I was going to add a small CF but I am really thinking against it.

Thank you for sharing your experience... I understand your pain as well and I am very sorry how you had to go through such stressful experience... I totally agree with you said that "buying experience should not include us examining the bag for flaws and issues!"
I believe customers supposed to have pleasant experience only, and not stressful experiences. I was also really disappointed by recent boutique lost their true service and cares, professionalism that only cares their sales..by trying convince customers each time as "normal / handmade" on defective items and judge customers as picky ones. It's so silly level to even argue that I avoided and gave up, but rather why craftsmen could not see or check the defect in his / her hands and eyes if making handmade...just too sad.

Regarding black distressed reissue, I purchased my antique gold hardware Reissue first ( size small 225 ) in January 2015, and purchased Ruthenium HW 225 in Nov 2017 - got delay to Jan 2018 for defect though, finally found my "nearly perfect" one after 7th reissues....But I also remember funny things I actually chose 2014 version for my GHW that was left as an old stock at the boutique, instead of 2 of 2015 newer version that SA brought from new shipment at that time, because I saw some flaw on 2 newer version. I also saw some of reissue had issue on hardware of turncock and chains had different color that was even worse unfortunately...

I agree. Only when you have gone through the experience of actually seeing such flaws on the bag that it becomes too stressful and time consuming to continue to make purchases in the future. My most recent experience has left a bad taste for me. I still enjoy seeing the collection and what is new though unfortunately.
My husband said the very same thing! He has always encouraged me in my passion with Chanel, but in recent days, he's disgusted by the brand. He said he should be able to go into store and pick out a bag without having to worry about inspecting EVERY little details! The very thought stressed him out too much.

Bought this and had to exchange!! It had 2 different types of caviar leather on the front!!:wtf::cursing:
Check ur bags carefully!!!

View attachment 4235526
Laughable!! Just laughable, Chanel!! LOL! I know your real French craftsmen are gone now but are you making fun of us?! None of us wants to pay over 5K for this and now close to 6K? :mad: Who wants to carry this that looks like fake. First of all, That SA who received this should stand for customer and complain to headquarter in the first place, Shame on that SA who sold this defect junk she knows she wouldn't want to carry this one herself neither Ha!

I received a brand new Jumbo (one that was from a box in the back) but when I looked over the bag at home, I realized the turnlock is crocked. :hrmm:

With a heavy heart, I have to return it because an exchange is not possible. The only reason why they gave me a ‘new’ bag is because I turned down their other Jumbos that were already opened, but smashed from storage. The SAs told me there was little room in the back and tried to convince me the ‘smashed areas’ would smoothen out over time. However, I still refused to buy their damaged bags so they opened a new box for me. I was beyond thrilled about having an untouched Jumbo, but I am now in disbelief this passed Quality Control.

Please be cautious that just because it’s ‘fresh out the box’ doesn’t mean it’s in mint condition.

DA2B2A2E-A502-40FE-A1F0-E6B32FDB3178.jpeg

Last edited:
I received a brand new Jumbo (one that was from a box in the back) but when I looked over the bag at home, I realized the turnlock is crocked. :hrmm:

With a heavy heart, I have to return it because an exchange is not possible. The only reason why they gave me a ‘new’ bag is because I turned down their other Jumbos that were already opened, but smashed from storage. The SAs told me there was little room in the back and tried to convince me the ‘smashed areas’ would smoothen out over time. However, I still refused to buy their damaged bags so they opened a new box for me. I was beyond thrilled about having an untouched Jumbo, but I am now in disbelief this passed Quality Control.

Please be cautious that just because it’s ‘fresh out the box’ doesn’t mean it’s in mint condition.

View attachment 4247305

Very painful to look at [emoji37]

View attachment 4247305

Heartbroken to see this and hear your story...I'm really sad. This is unacceptable and the worst part is such unprofessional SAs' excuses, unbelievable...sigh. I feel your pain. I'm very sorry this happened to you.

Very painful to look at [emoji37]

It truly is. I also feel worse having to return it because I bought it before the recent price increase.:frown:

That would drive me crazy! I don't blame you for returning it.

Thank you. A reason why I scrutinized the bag more at home is because I read this thread and other threads regarding quality on TPF. All of you are very helpful and supportive in so many ways.:flowers:

Reactions: shopgirl4cc
Heartbroken to see this and hear your story...I'm really sad. This is unacceptable and the worst part is such unprofessional SAs' excuses, unbelievable...sigh. I feel your pain. I'm very sorry this happened to you.

Thank you. I am sad to return the bag but also relieved you helped me not feel alone with those same exact thoughts. I couldn’t have described this experience better myself :yes:

Now I have to bring myself to repackage it...or maybe ask DH to do it so it’s less disheartening. lol

Reactions: shopgirl4cc

View attachment 4247305
Sorry you had to go through this and I understand your feelings of disbelief. I went through a similar situation where I viewed several 'fresh shipment and untouched' bags and was utterly shocked with the quality and the condition. When I pointed out the quality issue, she would say they were 'handmade' and that they would not be perfect. Would anyone buy a new car with a scratch or a dent on their door or a crack on their window?