Qn on jade bangle

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone is still looking for a good place to buy a jade bangle, I have bought several jade items, including a bangle, from yingyujade.com, and never been disappointed. The owner there is super sweet too, and will answer all your questions. I have loved jade for a long time, and last year finally wanted to bite the bullet and buy a really nice bangle, and she was the first person I emailed. I received mine over a year ago, and still haven't taken it off. Love it. I also got a pendant and some jade "needles," and all was fabulous.

You have to be so careful buying jade, though. The tests to determine authenticity can be pretty expensive, so it is easier just to find someone you trust to begin with!

I can post a picture in a bit.

Could you post a pic of your bangle? Am curious to see :smile:

Just wondering if someone could comment on this bangle? (I don't know anything about it, but I think it's nephrite?) Someone traded it for a handbag that I had one time. Probably not very valuable, but I must admit, I do like the cool smoothness of it and it seems to be untreated.

Comments?

I don't think its a nephrite, nephrite is in white color just like bone..

Could you post a pic of your bangle? Am curious to see :smile:

Okay, here are my favorite purchases... Jadeite bangle and Jadeite Pi pendant.

I had to have the bale made for the pi pendant, but my local jeweler did it for like $20... not a big deal. I think it turned out really well. I love the bangle sooo much. The advice I would have is, buy as small as you can possibly handle... I kind of wish mine were maybe 1 mm smaller, but it is so beautiful I am still glad this is the one I bought. The lady where I purchased mine allows returns within a week? (I think?) So, if for some reason it fits wrong, all is not lost.

Also, buy from a good seller. 90% of the stuff on eBay is questionable IMO.

BangleandNecklace.jpg

Yep the original article is in Chinese. The first couple of paragraphs basically summarize the difference between natural & treated jade and how their prices vary - type A is typically 10x the price of type B.

The author happens to own a couple of type B bangles. They look pretty:
e27ffe5d395a33f487372e85d321a4a1.jpg

Bangle on the left - can't really tell from a distance
7ed838e1tw1dtlce5cnxxj.jpg

However, up close you can see that the surface doesn't look smooth:
7ed838e1tw1dtlce5cnxxj.jpg

This is more obvious when magnified:
7ed838e1tw1dtlce6vxohj.jpg

It doesn't really have any internal structure when you hold it up to the light. With type A jadeite you should be able to see its dense mineral structure, which has translucent chunks resembling flies' wings (shown in pics further down).
7ed838e1tw1dtlce73jzaj.jpg

Magnified:
7ed838e1tw1dtlce7m9jvj.jpg

Bangle on the right is a good fake and looks like it could be the real thing, but again, look closely at its surface.
7ed838e1tw1dtlce71a3yj.jpg

Magnified:
7ed838e1tw1dtlce7jqxkj.jpg

Same when held up to the light. Looks blurry, kind of "gooey" (from the injected silicone)
7ed838e1tw1dtlce7t64fj.jpg

Even more obvious up close:
7ed838e1tw1dtlce8f0q0j.jpg

Next up is a natural untreated bangle. The structure is denser and it looks more "solid" overall:
7ed838e1tw1dtlce8nmafj.jpg

Looks the same zoomed in - smooth surface, despite this being a cheap bangle:
7ed838e1tw1dtlce8lk1jj.jpg

Held up to the light:
7ed838e1tw1dtlce8sja2j.jpg

Characteristics of jadeite, known as flies' wings:
7ed838e1tw1dtlcea3ytgj.jpg

Internal structure looks dense:
7ed838e1tw1dtlce96iebj.jpg

Pic below is natural icy jadeite (expensive!) Even though it's almost transparent its internal structure can still be seen.
7ed838e1tw1dtlcea30vbj.jpg

Flies' wings magnified:
7ed838e1tw1dtlceat5paj.jpg

Super smooth surface:
7ed838e1tw1dtlcebdr7aj.jpg

Magnified:
7ed838e1tw1dtlcebcy0bj.jpg

Hope this helps! :biggrin:

Last year for Christmas I was given a green Jade Buddha pendant - which looks a lot like the one in your pictures as far as transparency.. now I am curious to see if it is real jade. Regardless I love it either way its just a present moment its hanging off the rear view of my car!

This a great informative thread!

I have a hinged bangle that is signed (Ming's of Honolulu). Is anyone familiar with the type of jade they used?

Sorry, not that familiar with it, but here 2 sites that showed when I googled not. Not sure if you've come across it or not: http://stylepacifica.blogspot.co.uk/2007/06/mings-jewelry-honolulu.html

http://community.qvc.com/forums/jewelry-talk/topic/94493/mings-of-honolulu.aspx

It gives some info about the company (which is no longer in business) and shows lots of lovely photos.

Oh wow, that second pic (by the professionals :P) definitely did the jade justice! A gorgeous piece, congrats on a Mum with excellent taste and fortune to have a daughter to spoil :biggrin:
thank you. :smile: I got this from a wholesale store she is a friend of my mom . so we know it a authentic product, the jade also comes with a A quality certificate. if anyone is interested plz feel free to pm me.

Status
Not open for further replies.