Qn on jade bangle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you :biggrin: Bangles with flat inner rims (as opposed to tube shaped bangles) are generally thicker. At a guess I'd say that most bangles are probably between 9mm-13mm in width, so mine is quite wide, but you can get ones over 20mm. I went for a thicker bangle because I don't plan on stacking it with other jewellery, thought more material = more durable, and as a last resort it makes a good self defence weapon :graucho:

My bangle is grade A, which means it's natural & untreated. Natural lavender & deep green bangles do exist, but depending on the colour/translucency you could be looking at either a few hundred $ or a few hundred thousand $. It's quite easy to tell the treated bangles, however, the injected colours don't look natural at all, and will fade over time.

If you want to have a look at treated jade for reference, www.jadeshop.com is full of them.

Thanks for the info - will definitely bookmark for future reference. I swear I'm researching the hell out of every piece of designer thing I buy nowadays and probably spent more time doing so than reading journals for my dissertation :rolleyes:

LOL, I read some martial art story where the guy used steel mala beads as arm guards. Jade would also be zen, but much prettier!

I am back to oogle at your jade bangle again.. Now i am itching for a thicker chubbier bangle like yours. Is that size comfortable ?
I can see the gap in the last picture, it does look a little big:P

Last edited:
Thanks for the info - will definitely bookmark for future reference. I swear I'm researching the hell out of every piece of designer thing I buy nowadays and probably spent more time doing so than reading journals for my dissertation :rolleyes:

LOL, I read some martial art story where the guy used steel mala beads as arm guards. Jade would also be zen, but much prettier!

Great minds... :lol:

prettypeonies said:
I am back to oogle at your jade bangle again.. Now i am itching for a thicker chubbier bangle like yours. Is that size comfortable ?
I can see the gap in the last picture, it does look a little big:P

Very comfy, I push it right up my arm when I type and it doesn't dig in at all. Flat inner bangles are more comfortable to wear imo. You can also get slightly oval shaped bangles that some people prefer, but apparently those don't really spin, and I like to spin mine sometimes just because :P

Very comfy, I push it right up my arm when I type and it doesn't dig in at all. Flat inner bangles are more comfortable to wear imo. You can also get slightly oval shaped bangles that some people prefer, but apparently those don't really spin, and I like to spin mine sometimes just because :P

I guess you can also go slightly bigger in terms of size with a wider flat bangle. Somehow the wide bangles look more snug on the wrist.

That colour's gorgeous!

How does it sit on your wrist? It looks quite big in the second photo - any issues with mobility?

Hi ShimmerDreamz, the bangle fits perfectly for me..it is a little loose since I am still waiting for my HG jade bangle. So meanwhile the ones that i have gonna need to be a bit loose , but only loose enough to the point that I need lotion to put it in and out from my wrist :P I noticed that one of my bangle is way too loose for me..and I tend to bang it around :nogood:

Hi ShimmerDreamz, the bangle fits perfectly for me..it is a little loose since I am still waiting for my HG jade bangle. So meanwhile the ones that i have gonna need to be a bit loose , but only loose enough to the point that I need lotion to put it in and out from my wrist :P I noticed that one of my bangle is way too loose for me..and I tend to bang it around :nogood:

Good fit is so important!

I managed to chip a bracelet that way :sad: yet re-sizing for bangles like these are out. Was in heaven when Dad let me custom order a pair of silver bangles and two rings at a silversmith's two years again but precious metals are always easier to adjust.

If anyone is still looking for a good place to buy a jade bangle, I have bought several jade items, including a bangle, from yingyujade.com, and never been disappointed. The owner there is super sweet too, and will answer all your questions. I have loved jade for a long time, and last year finally wanted to bite the bullet and buy a really nice bangle, and she was the first person I emailed. I received mine over a year ago, and still haven't taken it off. Love it. I also got a pendant and some jade "needles," and all was fabulous.

You have to be so careful buying jade, though. The tests to determine authenticity can be pretty expensive, so it is easier just to find someone you trust to begin with!

I can post a picture in a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.