put off by fakes!! ur views plz

Fakes do not bother me at all - it is a non issue. There are tons of fake guccis, coach (god help us - who would buy a fake coach!) etc. All I know is that when I carry my real LV, I feel confident knowing it's real and I love it.

Agreed! Lol in Italy there were literally hundreds of people carrying fake coaches, in fact they were "Goaches", with G's instead of C's. I hadn't heard of Coach before, since I live in the UK and no one wears it / you can't buy it, and I thought the "Goach" bags was some Gucci rip off or even an actual brand since so many people were carrying them...

i think ppl who carry the real thing ie) LV & know their bags can easily spot the fakes out there, so in my head when i see the ppl carrying the replicas i think to myself 'who are they kidding?!?' :roflmfao:
..just my 2 cents

Just want to add comments regarding fake base on my personal experience.

I’m a tomboy and not used to carry any bag so brand name is nothing to me. Whenever a member of my family from overseas came visit me and bought me a fake LV bag as a gift, I thank them and admired the bag style as I don’t know how the real one looks like.

Below are the lists of my fake LV:
1. Mabillon lilac Epi backpack that I like but used only once
2. Viva cite MM (Never use)
3. multipli-Cite (used once)

To me the fake looks very good and as the person that have no idea of brand name before I often wonder why some one willing to spend a fortune to buy a real one when the fake one looks as good as real. I’ve got my answer now :heart: all hell breaks lose when I saw LV Mahina. Mahina XL is the devil and now I’m hooks with the real LV and boy how proud I’m to own them. :yahoo:

Unfortunately I bought my first LV because I saw my friends carry a fake mahina XL in grey. When my ordered came I was very surprised to found out that the bag looks totally different than what she has and bigger too but boy you definitely can’t compare the quality of the real one with the fake one. The real one is heaven to me :tup:

Although the fake LV especially the Epi Leather looks very good from outside, but one thing that I notice the fake bag tend to be heavier and the leather is not flexible and the zipper hurt my hands. Therefore I never used them more than once (I do not like it at all). When I took my fake multipli-cite to my office I’m trying to hide it from people and when one of my coworker praise me about how lucky I’m to have the bag I felt so embarrassed cause it make me felt like I’m a big liar hence I never used the bag ever.

So I think I know why the people that carry the fake one try to say that the bag is real, it’s because they embarrassed due to the fact that the one that they carry is fake :shocked: and if they try to brag about it when they found out that you are carrying the real one I believe it because they envy you :yes:

To make it short, I love LV and thanks to this forum I’m quite an LV expert now :tup:
and believe me there is nothing can replace the feeling that you have when you carry the real LV.

Fakes do not bother me at all - it is a non issue. There are tons of fake guccis, coach (god help us - who would buy a fake coach!) etc. All I know is that when I carry my real LV, I feel confident knowing it's real and I love it.

It bothers me that people take the time to let me know that they have fakes or they try to pass off a fake as the real deal.

I could very well be misinterpreting you, which is why I mentioned this in my post. Your original post sounds like you secretly laugh at those who carry real bags which you don't deem to be "worth it". To me it sounds like you think you're above everyone that does pay for authentic bags that you don't deem "worth the asking price". Which makes me wonder what criteria you use to determine whether a bag is indeed "worth the asking price". Unless of course, you get it at cost price.

What I do find hilarious is that you are dismissing me as someone who knows nothing about fashion. FYI, I was born into the fashion industry and my family works in the facets of retail, wholesale and manufacturing of fashion. I am very aware that we in the fashion industry use "inspired" which is why I said LV-inspired.

If you wish to discuss this further, I am more than happy to receive a pm from you. That will probably decrease our chances of being banned. If not, let us agree to disagree.[/quote]

I am so tired of people being banned on here for not agreeing with the general population about something. Very simply, she does not have care about having fakes and you would not be caught dead with them. End of story. She may laugh at us for spending a wad on money on a bag, but we laugh at her for having an ugly no name fake bag.

Here is my 2 cents

What many people dont understand is that real designer handbags are usually handmade by someone who makes a salary where as fakes are made by 7 year old children in China who are sold by their parents for a weeks worth of food.

If the fact that it is a cheap, tacky looking, illegal, BLATENT COPY of a handbag does not faze you, maybe child slavery does

ITA!! This is what bothers me most about fakes...ppl who buy them don't care about the legality or consequences of their actions (i.e. supporting an illegal counterfeit industry), they just want to get "save" some $$$ and pretend they have an expensive bag. i guess the fact that their money goes to support crime rings and child labor isn't a big deal to them. But, I guess I can't judge....

I buy Vuitton because of the quality of the bags, and that it makes me feel good.

However, I do have to admit that I am put off by the number of monogram fakes... especially when someone says to me "nice bag... pity it isn't real". I tell them that it is real, and that I don't buy fakes.

But as this has happened to me more than once, it has stung a bit - and taken the excitement and enjoyment out of carrying my favourite monogram bag...

i dont have any fakes but i can understand why people buy it. its "fashionable" so if they cant or dont want to afford it, let them buy the fake. if anything, its the producer's fault...if there were no such thing as fakes, there wouldnt be people getting their hands on a fake. and if the person acts like the bag is real, then its super embarrassing if someone points out that the bag is fake:blush:...its their life and their money...i know mine isnt fake so im happy:love:

Well, some people think their fakes are real, example: My mother's friend came home showing off a fake Monogram Alma... she was so happy, her husband give it to her after a trip to Europe, he said it was real. she believed it.
Some people dont even know they are carrying fakes, some people don even care they carry a LV, the just like the brown canvas to match their clothes, some people just carry their gifts from their loved ones, that happen to be fake... so I wouldnt be so hard on them...
As long as I know my bags are the real thing, I'm ok.

Honestly, I don't care for fakes. I wouldn't carry them, I carry the authentic goods, so it's no hassle for me. There are plenty of other things that are worse than someone carrying a fake bag...