put off by fakes!! ur views plz

What I am asking is, what am I buying that would support terrorism? I only buy authentic.
It's good that you only buy authentic.

I'm referring to buying everyday things, like say at Walmart or Target. Walmart and Target gets their products from suppliers. These suppliers generally have their things produced in other countries like China, Vietnam, Thailand.... But, do some thorough research and you might find some really eye opening facts. Remember that a lot of goods that we buy are made in China. Do you know who China are allies with? And, think about China's allies. Who are they? Are they allies of the USA or.....?

Again, I am definitely not condoning buying fakes or selling them by any means. Just that there are graver issues at hands if what you are worried about are contributing to terrorism and child labor.

Last edited:
I think many of us USA Consumers buy our items at Walmart and Target. The idea is scary to say the least............
It is. But, it's the way our world is operating right now. Well, that's they way the world has always worked but on a much smaller scale. This is the price we pay for convenience.

Economics+politics+military education=never seeing the world the same way again

But, really. Let's just enjoy our authentic handbags (or shamefully enjoy our rare unauthentic ones like I do) and continue to show others (in a positive manner) why it feels so much better to have the real thing.

We hate being judged for carrying an LV, don't pass that on by judging others. Fakes are bad for many people in many ways, but we'll never be able to control what others do. Don't let others influence what you do and how you spend your money.

Hello, I am new to this website and I was looking for help to authenticate my bag! I haven't actually purchased it yet but it looks incredibly authentic however the date code worries me. I posted in the "Authenticate this" forum but I am worried that they will not authenticate it since it isn't from ebay or a professional seller, it is from craigslist.

I will upload a picture of the date code first and the rest of the pictures after. It is a Speedy 35 and the seller claims to have purchased it off of Beyond the Rack however cannot show me any proof.

I would bring it to my local LV boutique but (bloor st. and avenue rd. location in Toronto) REFUSES to do any more authentications. It is their new policy they stated.

It looks incredibly authentic but the date code gets me everytime. She personally texted me these photos.

Much Thanks in advance to any help!

Attachments

• IMG_4718.jpg
    IMG_4718.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_4717.jpg
    IMG_4717.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_4722.jpg
    IMG_4722.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_4723.jpg
    IMG_4723.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_4727.jpg
    IMG_4727.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_4730.PNG
    IMG_4730.PNG
    705.3 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_4732.jpg
    IMG_4732.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_4734.PNG
    IMG_4734.PNG
    650.6 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_4735.jpg
    IMG_4735.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_4721.jpg
    IMG_4721.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 300
It's good that you only buy authentic.

I'm referring to buying everyday things, like say at Walmart or Target. Walmart and Target gets their products from suppliers. These suppliers generally have their things produced in other countries like China, Vietnam, Thailand.... But, do some thorough research and you might find some really eye opening facts. Remember that a lot of goods that we buy are made in China. Do you know who China are allies with? And, think about China's allies. Who are they? Are they allies of the USA or.....?

Again, I am definitely not condoning buying fakes or selling them by any means. Just that there are graver issues at hands if what you are worried about are contributing to terrorism and child labor.

I dont buy into the whole terrorism argument. My father owns several sporting good factories in China and one of our customers is Wal-mart. He is the hardest working and most savvy man that i know and literally works his butt off 365 days a year. To say that the money earned is being used to support terrorism makes no sense. without the support from the family business, i could not be able to afford a post-secondary education. i think the public needs to be more informed that products and companies from china are not evil. Consumer demand for affordable products force them to be made offshore.

Hello, I am new to this website and I was looking for help to authenticate my bag! I haven't actually purchased it yet but it looks incredibly authentic however the date code worries me. I posted in the "Authenticate this" forum but I am worried that they will not authenticate it since it isn't from ebay or a professional seller, it is from craigslist.

I will upload a picture of the date code first and the rest of the pictures after. It is a Speedy 35 and the seller claims to have purchased it off of Beyond the Rack however cannot show me any proof.

I would bring it to my local LV boutique but (bloor st. and avenue rd. location in Toronto) REFUSES to do any more authentications. It is their new policy they stated.

It looks incredibly authentic but the date code gets me everytime. She personally texted me these photos.

I am not an expert, but the stamp which says where it is made does not look right to me (maybe they changed it). Compare it with other ones, check listings on ebay.
Do not buy it unless you are 100% sure. You can also use Carol Diva services, it is only around $7. GL!

I dont buy into the whole terrorism argument. My father owns several sporting good factories in China and one of our customers is Wal-mart. He is the hardest working and most savvy man that i know and literally works his butt off 365 days a year. To say that the money earned is being used to support terrorism makes no sense. without the support from the family business, i could not be able to afford a post-secondary education. i think the public needs to be more informed that products and companies from china are not evil. Consumer demand for affordable products force them to be made offshore.

I absolutely did not say ALL companies from China. It's like everything else in life. There are great, ethical companies and there are evil, corrupt companies.

I'm glad your father doesn't fall into that category. We need more people like him in the world to run ethically clean businesses.

My post was not meant to offend you. I was trying to make a point that there is a likely chance that at one time or another, all of us have unknowingly contributed to terrorism. Research where Syria received some of their weapons.

Last edited:
I am not an expert, but the stamp which says where it is made does not look right to me (maybe they changed it). Compare it with other ones, check listings on ebay.
Do not buy it unless you are 100% sure. You can also use Carol Diva services, it is only around $7. GL!

No expert myself, but I agree. The made in stamp font looks strange, very squished. The zipper tab looks off in the underside picture.. it looks like it's a completely different shape than the picture of the tab from the top that she sent. The date code looks off too.

Last edited:
I absolutely did not say ALL companies from China. It's like everything else in life. There are great, ethical companies and there are evil, corrupt companies.

I'm glad your father doesn't fall into that category. We need more people like him in the world to run ethically clean businesses.

My post was not meant to offend you. I was trying to make a point that there is a likely chance that at one time or another, all of us have unknowingly contributed to terrorism. Research where Syria received some of their weapons.

No worries. No offense taken. I appreciate the clarification and I agree that there are many unethical companies that we wouldve contributed to unknowingly.

Hi! In your authentication post, isn't it a different bag pictured in the link?

Fake bags for fake people is right!! As long as I know my stuff is real and I love the peoples looks that they give me when they know it's real and they feel dumb cuz they have a fake knock off

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

I dont care if people wear fakes as I have better things to worry about! I buy authentic handbags for my personal enjoyment and I dont care what anyone thinks about it as it is my money and my life. Many people who buy fakes may not know the back story (ie , support terrorism and organized crime, violation of child labor laws, etc...) they are just trying to save a buck. To be honest the people who should really care about the fakes is LV...but since their bottom line is not hurting it does not seem like they have gone to great lengths to put a stop to it. I could be wrong but that is my perception and two scent!

Peace, love, and be nice to each other folks as everyone is entitled to their opinion.