put off by fakes!! ur views plz

It's good that you only buy authentic.

I'm referring to buying everyday things, like say at Walmart or Target. Walmart and Target gets their products from suppliers. These suppliers generally have their things produced in other countries like China, Vietnam, Thailand.... But, do some thorough research and you might find some really eye opening facts. Remember that a lot of goods that we buy are made in China. Do you know who China are allies with? And, think about China's allies. Who are they? Are they allies of the USA or.....?

Again, I am definitely not condoning buying fakes or selling them by any means. Just that there are graver issues at hands if what you are worried about are contributing to terrorism and child labor.

That is absolutely true and certainly good food for thought but while there is corruption in every part of business in every country, it is common knowledge that counterfeiting is illegal whether it's handbags, money or what it is. Illegal trades don't worry too much about moral behavior.

So while we may wonder if our local Walmart is selling clothing sewn in a sweatshop, we can be sure without wondering that the handbag counterfeiter has side businesses of cocaine smuggling and human trafficking and finances the drug cartel in South America.

We all participate in things we don't know about but buying a fake handbag is like writing a check to a terrorist. I don't know if all people know that but I'm sure we all do here at TPF. Shopping at Walmart doesn't guarantee that you are supporting illegal endeavors, but buying a fake bag does. We can at least avoid the things we know about.

I certainly understand the human desire to want what we can't have but I wouldn't buy a fake because of I don't want to write a check to a terrorist. I would just buy pre-loved.

Also in the grand scheme of things we can not control the actions of other and we can only control our own behavior. So if you are buying authentic handbags that is one less person buying a fake! That is all......goodnight folks!

So while we may wonder if our local Walmart is selling clothing sewn in a sweatshop, we can be sure without wondering that the handbag counterfeiter has side businesses of cocaine smuggling and human trafficking and finances the drug cartel in South America.

I don't think anyone has to wonder anymore if Walmart clothing is made in sweatshops after the horrific Bagladesh clothing factory collapse. I do not shop there for many reasons, but this just reinforced my opinion of that place.

I don't think anyone has to wonder anymore if Walmart clothing is made in sweatshops after the horrific Bagladesh clothing factory collapse. I do not shop there for many reasons, but this just reinforced my opinion of that place.

True (I don't shop there either for many reasons).....I was just making the comparison.

I used to think I was indifferent toward fakes. I had a vague idea about illegal practices, etc, but didn't really understand (or care) much...I just never saw the appeal of fakes. Then I learned what 'child labor' means. More than children making products...children abused and enslaved, forced into making products. Children chained up, with broken limbs, forced into making products. Needless to say, I am no longer indifferent.

I don't buy fake LV. I don't care if people buy or use fake LV. I am not disturbed nor put off by people carrying fake LV.
I live in Singapore.. Seen lots of people here from overseas (visitors, especially from China & Indonesia) carrying fakes.. lol... maybe 6 out of 10 carries a fake one. It is so common here. All the better for me. LOL

1. Since LV real or fake is so common.. No one cares or bothered about what I am wearing.. It is good for me.. Less attention given to my bag. Though attention seekers will not like it since no one cares about what they wear..

2. No one will rob or grab my bag since the no. of fakes is so great... they cannot be sure if what I am wearing is the real mcoy.

Lol.. I guess, there is security in numbers...

I complimented someone's LV bag the other day and she looked at me and rolled her eyes and said "oh thanks", she looked at my Bass GM Macassar Messenger and I think thought I was carrying a fake. It was kind of humorous to me because she must not know her LV's or at least never visit the LV store.