Protecting and Caring for our beloved BEs

I have the WTM matte tan in use since 3 weeks, a great bag and color.

what saddens me a bit is that the bag got lighter where it rubbs the body.....although I treated the bag before wearing with Apple leather conditioner and sprayed twice Collonil nano spray.

Any tips for matte leather how I can avoid that the color rubbs off and gets lighter ?
My next BE will be an EM oversized in taupe matte, so I guess I will be frightened to use the bag.......

I can post pics of the WTM matte tan later, if you wish

thanks to all

I'm afraid I have no experience of the tan, so hopefully someone who has, will be able to help.

I've found that rubbing the palm of my hand on matte dark grey seems to sort out any wear marks as it darkens and blends in, but this doesn't seem to work on the matte taupe. For choc matte, a normal handbag cream rubbed in seems to help. I'll be trying this on the matte taupe in the future to see if it has any effect.

Hope you get some good advice on your tan.:smile:

I have the WTM matte tan in use since 3 weeks, a great bag and color.

what saddens me a bit is that the bag got lighter where it rubbs the body.....although I treated the bag before wearing with Apple leather conditioner and sprayed twice Collonil nano spray.

Any tips for matte leather how I can avoid that the color rubbs off and gets lighter ?
My next BE will be an EM oversized in taupe matte, so I guess I will be frightened to use the bag.......

I can post pics of the WTM matte tan later, if you wish

thanks to all

Yikes! That's awful. Have you tried putting the conditioner on to bring the color back? That is about the best suggestion that I can come up with. I know that it has helped me with my other bags, but I haven't needed to do it with my newer tan bag yet. I have a feeling my bags get a little less beat up because I hand carry them so there is no rubbing. Hopefully, someone else will have a better suggestion.

Suzi, I put plenty of apple on the lighter aeras, and it did help , till the next time I wore the bag, I also tend more to handcarry the wtm, but from time to time i need to put in on the shoulder to have my hands free
i make some pics tomorrow, before and after apple condi, now it is too dark and flashlight pics won't get the bag in the right light

For everyone with pewter here is my response from Jackie

Hi Alicia,

Thank you for your email!

The pewter leather should not be cleaned or treated. It is a metallic
leather and will wear well on its own.

If you put anything on it, that might damage it.

Enjoy!

Jackie XxX

hi wonder if you can help, maybe i've missed a soloution to this elsewhere?
my fuschia sheen stroke Me Med. has developed grubby grey marks on the 4 bottom corners, not helped by the corners lightening thru wear then getting grubby! i've tried a white pencil eraser which helped a bit to shift the marks but they are still there... i'm wondering if it is a feature of this style that the corners get more worn/ and grubby? my other sheen bag - a wine TME midi has slight darkening of corners but no grubbiness like the SMM.

hi wonder if you can help, maybe i've missed a soloution to this elsewhere?
my fuschia sheen stroke Me Med. has developed grubby grey marks on the 4 bottom corners, not helped by the corners lightening thru wear then getting grubby! i've tried a white pencil eraser which helped a bit to shift the marks but they are still there... i'm wondering if it is a feature of this style that the corners get more worn/ and grubby? my other sheen bag - a wine TME midi has slight darkening of corners but no grubbiness like the SMM.

I have exactly the same problem with the centre back seam of my Apple Sheen/Glossy(?) Stroke Me. The surface wore through fast and the paler underlying leather picks up dye and dirt all the time. I can get some of it out for a bit with Collonil Gel but it comes back quite quickly. Polishing and spraying the bag does not stop this happening. I am being very careful to only carry that bag one way round so as not to ruin both faces of it.

My Orange2 Pebbled Glossy Hold Me picks up dye fast too although I can get most of it off the surface. I am beginning to think of returning to only buying dark coloured bags.

Last edited:
I have exactly the same problem with the centre back seam of my Apple Sheen/Glossy(?) Stroke Me. The surface wore through fast and the paler underlying leather picks up dye and dirt all the time. I can get some of it out for a bit with Collonil Gel but it comes back quite quickly. Polishing and spraying the bag does not stop this happening. I am being very careful to only carry that bag one way round so as not to ruin both faces of it.

My Orange2 Pebbled Glossy Hold Me picks up dye fast too although I can get most of it off the surface. I am beginning to think of returning to only buying dark coloured bags.

thanks for your useful reply (as always) Jenova, glad to know i'm not the only one this has happenned to; although i'm a bit disappointed the leather hasn't worn better. it's such a shame, as i love the BE bright leathers and don't want to just stick to my staple colours of black, chocolate and grey.... maybe i'll have to hunt for a matching polish to see if this will al least blend them in a bit more to the body of the bag.... i don't nanny my bags but on the other hand want to be able to use them without always wondering if they will get grubby....

Hi Jenova

my Loving My Bags conditioner (from Celtic Sheepskin) arrived today so first i found some Clarks Shoe Cleaner spray i had in the cupboard (for my daughter's shoes!), and rubbed that onto the corners on my Fuschia Sheen Stroke Me Med. with an old toothbrush. then i rinsed it off and patted it dry with a paper towel. I then left the bag to dry all afternoon and gave it a coat of the Loving my Bags. i think it worked, as the corner marks are now dull greyish spots and have blended in much more overall, (rather than being black grubby spots on all 4 corners), alsothe leather on the bag feels so much more moisturised and the colour seems to have evened out, it was getting a bit dry and patchy in places. i woudn't recommend rubbing too hard on the stains, or the colour may come off the bag more...
hope this helps...

Hi Prada

Glad to hear that your bag is looking better.

I have been through the same procedure several times although using slightly different products. Unfortunately, I have found that the dye transfer/dirt tends to come back on this bag after a few uses. You may find that you need to repeat your treatment.

The dye definitely does come off the Apple Glossy/Sheen leather if I rub it with water or any type of conditioner polish. I can see the green colour on whatever cloth I use.

This is, however, still my prettiest BE bag. The colour, surface shine and feel of the leather are more attractive than those of my more durable BE bags. I bought it well reduced in the sample sale last year so am still happy with my purchase.

I have the same thing happen - whenever I rub anything on my bags (any of them) the white cloth the LMB people provide shows a noticeable amount of color transfer. This happened for subsequent applications of treatment lotion as well. As I have only started treating my bags with anything at the beginning of this year, I had no idea whether this is normal or not. I'm glad to hear this does sound standard!

I have the same thing happen - whenever I rub anything on my bags (any of them) the white cloth the LMB people provide shows a noticeable amount of color transfer. This happened for subsequent applications of treatment lotion as well. As I have only started treating my bags with anything at the beginning of this year, I had no idea whether this is normal or not. I'm glad to hear this does sound standard!

actually the Loving My Bags (UK product!) didn't have much, if any colour migration at all, i used white kitchen roll to put it on with and hardly any colour came off... fingers crossed, at least the bag feels smoother after this and less like the grain was "raised", if that makes sense. I guess though if i want more bright leathers - I have Kiwi Sheen on order, and a Mustarg Glossy too - i'll just have to learn to live with the odd mark and grubby corners....

I meant to post about this ages ago.

I got a couple of unidentifiable greyish marks on the lining of my SMM in taupe grey, not too bad but enough to bother me.

Anyway, I made up a small solution of delicate handwash stuff for silk and wool and some warm water. I then used a Lakeland Cleaning Stick, formerly known as a 'Helping Hand' (Lakeland is a UK company specializing in home things like cooking, cleaning etc.) that has a small pointy sponge at one end and a plastic hook at the other and used the sponge end to lightly dab the marks. I was extremely apprehensive about this btw and nearly had a heart attack when the lining absorbed the solution like mad and spread.:faint: Was also freaking out about removing the fuchsia colour. Anyway, it was too late for all that so I carried on, and pulled the lining right out as I started panicking about it all going through to the leather...

Afterwards I blotted the sorry sight with a tea towel and hung the bag out on the line to dry in the sun, occasionally rubbing the lining to try to stop any water marks.

Well, bottom line, the stains came out with no visible water marks!:yahoo:

No pics I'm afraid as it was rather a spur of the moment thing, but I am waiting for my Hold Mes to get visibly grubbier on their handle linings and I will have another go, with pics!

Thought I'd mention it anyway, with a disclaimer of course as I might have been just lucky, but I'm definitely going to use the same technique again in the future.:yes:

Pics of cleaning stuff below.

Attachments

• cleanlining.jpg
    cleanlining.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 52
Hi everyone,

I emailed Barbara @ LMB (what a nice woman) regarding the Pro-Treatment and she promptly sent me this reply, so I thought I would share:

Pro-Treatment is a great product - We have, what I believe to be, an even
better product for protection - Botanical Silk Miracle Shield -
http://www.lovinmybags.com/botanicals.html
It is plant based and leaves the leather feeling nice and moisturize while
protected from oil and water stains.
The cleanser is a perfect match to the protection.
Best regards,
Barbara

Botanical Silk
Miracle Shield

Instant protection from OIL and Water stains; also protects leather from absorbing dye transfer - facilitating the cleaning process. Protects all finished and unfinished leather bags.

Also, it comes in scented or unscented, to be safe I decided to go with the unscented. I will post back after I receive and try this product.

Best wishes, LHB