Protecting and Caring for our beloved BEs

Ok, ladies, so if I use Scotchgard on the interior of the bag, can I just get the LovingMyBag's protreatment and put it on the leather and be set? After drying, of course?

It depends on the type of leather. I would recommend the Botanical Silk Miracle Shield as most of the BE leathers are very soft. Here's a link to the Lovin My Bags website's list of product recommendations by brand, but basically, it boils down to the type of leather. Scotchguard can be used on any type of lining fabric. The Wilson's TLC protectant can be used on any type of leather and won't change the color or texture. That's why I like it so much. But, I also love Barbara's products too. Just choose what I'm going to use based upon the type of leather. Hope this helps.
http://www.lovinmybags.com/brands.html

i have a matte tan BE that is pretty dirty. anything that's good for cleaning it? i don't think my LMB stuff are working. i don't mind if the color gets a little darker. i just want it to look cleaner and get the scuffs out.

I would not clean it with lotions/ creams, because you might lose the natural oils in the leather, but I will wipe my matte bags carefully off..no rubbing.. with a microfiber cloth with tepid water..wring the cloth hard..you might need to do this a few times! Then let the bag dry and apply protective lotion..My bags look like new after this...almost ;) Scuffs will remain, but less noticeable..and I find them cute. Especially with soft leathers like the mattes, there will be some scuffs, but will blend into the leather with time!