Problems With Hayden Harnett? Post Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also wanted to ask others on here: Are you sure you talked to Ben!? The Ben I have dealt with is charismatic, funny, honest, to the point, and down to earth. Is it possible it was some other dude you talked to?????

The only point of contention Ive had with Ben and it was really a non-issue...not a problem at all, was asking if I could buy in mass quantity (LOL) which I was told no..and which I totally understand. (A girl can hope, right!?)

Email to Ben - - email response from Ben. No doubt about it. And, in my opinion, he was not at all charismatic, funny, honest... but, rather, pretentious, wordy and self-serving.

I dunnno, I get the feeling that there are probably LOADS of women hitting up HH in regards to refunds, credits, exchanges, returns, and more. I think HH is pretty much pulling at their hair and trying to figure out how to survive in this very competitve industry. They already do have an edge with their exquisite leathers and unique designs. As Ive said before, my experiences with HH CS have been great but for those who have had crappy CS, then I must also say that in addition to their aforementioned "edge" they must add to that CS worthy of a great handbag company in order to be a longstanding contender in this business that is already very much rife with designers who make it their business to put out quality, innovative products coupled with great CS

My story -- I discovered HH during the big bang sale. I ended up ordering 2 havana hobos (saddle and chalk). Well the saddle shipped and I got an e-mail saying the chalk was out of stock but I could order olive or plum instead. I chose plum.
I received my saddle hobo, and, while the leather was a bit different in spots, I really loved it. I got the plum one and loved that one too. I loved them so much that I went and ordered a Salina pouch in Chalk. Before that arrived, I ordered a carryall bag (the white leather small makeup bag thing) along with my free coin purse, and I ordered a plum tassel.

Here are the problems:
Salina in chalk -- leather is "tough" feeling. Black stains on it.
Plum tassel (for my havana hobo) -- did not match AT ALL. Two totally different colors.
Makeup carryall thing -- smaller than I expected, not worth the sale price.. but no defects.
My credit card wasn't billed until 9/17 for stuff ordered at the beginning of August.

I did not contact HH regarding any of these issues; so I can't speak of their customer service. I just decided to keep everything and be wary in the future. Now, I see they are not accepting returns, and many of you are having problems. And I read Bessie's story and was shocked. I believe it's a case where maybe they got too big, too fast. If they don't hire the right people, they are doomed. It is evident that their customer service is severly lacking -- sure there are stories of good service, but this forum is riddled with complaints.
I LOVE my Havana Hobos. I want(ed) more HH bags. Now, I won't risk it, and that is truly sad.

I dunnno, I get the feeling that there are probably LOADS of women hitting up HH in regards to refunds, credits, exchanges, returns, and more. I think HH is pretty much pulling at their hair and trying to figure out how to survive in this very competitve industry. They already do have an edge with their exquisite leathers and unique designs. As Ive said before, my experiences with HH CS have been great but for those who have had crappy CS, then I must also say that in addition to their aforementioned "edge" they must add to that CS worthy of a great handbag company

Gung - I can't believe you keep defending HH - - and, yes, Gung, that is exactly what you are doing. You talk about women "hitting up HH" for refunds, credits, exchanges and returns, and HH "pulling at their hair and trying to survive...", as if we should feel sorry for the poor company.

That company charges a great deal of money for its products. Refunds, credits, exchanges and returns are part of customary business practices of reputable companies. If HH wants to minimize returns, exchanges and complaints they should: provide first quality products; correct product and design defects before selling the products (for example, they should stop using improperly functioning magnetic closures, where they've known about the defects since June if not earlier; and stop selling the mercer 3-C satchels that have side compartments that can't hold anything; or at the very least, they should disclose the defects in advance); double check their products before shipping them to make sure they are shipping the product ordered in the color ordered; provide free promotional items that they have offered to people who have complied with the terms of the offer; and provide a reasonable level of customer service. What ever happened to the concepts of quality control, and customer service?

Gung - I can't believe you keep defending HH - - and, yes, Gung, that is exactly what you are doing. You talk about women "hitting up HH" for refunds, credits, exchanges and returns, and HH "pulling at their hair and trying to survive...", as if we should feel sorry for the poor company.

That company charges a great deal of money for its products. Refunds, credits, exchanges and returns are part of customary business practices of reputable companies. If HH wants to minimize returns, exchanges and complaints they should: provide first quality products; correct product and design defects before selling the products (for example, they should stop using improperly functioning magnetic closures, where they've known about the defects since June if not earlier; and stop selling the mercer 3-C satchels that have side compartments that can't hold anything; or at the very least, they should disclose the defects in advance); double check their products before shipping them to make sure they are shipping the product ordered in the color ordered; provide free promotional items that they have offered to people who have complied with the terms of the offer; and provide a reasonable level of customer service.

Nahhh, Im not. Im just pointing out that while I have not received the crappy service that many speak of, it is a shame that others were treated poorly, whether it was at HH's sample sale, online, or whatever else. As I said before, HH ought to step up to the plate if they want to be a contender in the handbag business. Im not taking their side, im not saying they are right either. Im sorry for those who have irregular and faulty bags and I further sympathize with those who cannot get a new or repaired bag. If anything, I wanted to shed light on both negative and positive experiences, and to offer some insight into the people behind the scenes at HH. IMO, Ben is a nice guy and I was shocked to hear otherwise. But thats okay...its totally cool, to each her own. I understand everything youve stated above about free promo items, having these in stock...and I agree! I totally agree.

I just think they are a small, overwhelmed company who is trying to keep their head above the water. Im not saying that all their business practices are right, whatsoever, but....just trying to see things from all perspectives.

Im with you on this one! Please know that. I believe you deserve a quality, impeccable, fully functioning and beautiful bag, and that HH ought to do as much as they can to ensure that happens for you

Hey BTW..who was it that said "vitrolis" or "vitriolic" (was that the word??LOL) I didnt look it up...what does it mean??

That was artlovergal. It's "vitriolic" and it means acidic or caustic and it usually refers to one's tone or words. See, tPF really is really good for the mind, heart, and soul (but never the pocketbook).:rolleyes:

And your opinions are never "vitriolic". You voice your opinion and not be mean-spirited.

That was artlovergal. It's "vitriolic" and it means acidic or caustic and it usually refers to one's tone or words. See, tPF really is really good for the mind, heart, and soul (but never the pocketbook).:rolleyes:

And your opinions are never "vitriolic". You voice your opinion and not be mean-spirited.

Aww thank you! *muahs*

(can i also just add one more thing that bugs the heck out of me 1) that they offer a coin purse then tell people its out of stock and then have that same coin purse as part of their labor day sale!!! thats caught right in a lie, not cool at all!

AND their prices??!!? i mean COME ON $400-600 , they are a new company there is no $ being spent for the name as there are with some companies (we expect a higher price cause the brand is so well known that you have to pay for the name-not the case here) AND the merchandise has flaws? !!! i mean not all of it but come on i really think they are super over priced and are not $400 bags, now i know its hard to say what is a $400 bag, but when i spend that on a botkier i feel good about it to me the craftsmanship is amazing, ive never had any cust. service issues and to me it is worthy of the price, a havana is not a $400 bag, i LOVE LOVE LOVE my cobalt one but NO way is it a $400 bag, i think the $200 sale prices should be their every day price)

ok haha sorry im done now :smile:

This isn't a complaint really - I got a lido clutch in black patent which I returned (personally didn't think was worth what I paid). I got an RMA and sent it back. Delivery confirmation says it arrived there 9/13, as does their website. I have yet to receive my credit for it....... Does it typically take them this long? I emailed yest am & haven't heard back yet. I'm just wondering if this is the typical time frame?

kbell, the consensus seems to be that e-mail gets less attention than an old-fashioned phone call. I don't even attempt e-mail anymore (four out of five got no response at all). I do, however, get answers quickly when I call. Others can better address how long it takes to get a credit, but I've read it can take a while.

Blush Havana...I took it out last night, gonna carry it one more before the weather changes and sure enough...one of the inner pocket seams is ripped, the lining material is ripped and when I touched it, it ripped more, like wet tissue...Anyway, I called HH this morning and Salina gave me a RMA number to send it back for repair.

Blush Havana...I took it out last night, gonna carry it one more before the weather changes and sure enough...one of the inner pocket seams is ripped, the lining material is ripped and when I touched it, it ripped more, like wet tissue...Anyway, I called HH this morning and Salina gave me a RMA number to send it back for repair.

I have a feeling these critical postings are having a positive impact on customer service. Good going, Toni!!

Status
Not open for further replies.