Problems With Hayden Harnett? Post Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already tried - with Customer Service Rep and with Ben - DENIED by both!!

Ohhh, I wasnt aware of that. Now, that really sucks! Especially when it says on their own website that they will perform repairs. I know for a fact I need to get my Gaza repaired; the stitching is definitely coming loose and now I am worried that HH wont fix it.

Ohhh, I wasnt aware of that. Now, that really sucks! Especially when it says on their own website that they will perform repairs. I know for a fact I need to get my Gaza repaired; the stitching is definitely coming loose and now I am worried that HH wont fix it.

I think you may hear that they are not equipped to handle repairs of that kind (whatever kind that may be). Hope I'm wrong. It may be that this thread and other complaints appearing on TPF may increase the pressure on them to do necessary repairs which they might otherwise have refused.

Can't post photos - - no digital camera.

Let's remember that posting with a complaint, poor customer service experience, damaged goods, etc. doesn't mean we necessarily hate the brand and refuse to buy from them again (or think others should). Just being honest with everyone about things. I adore my HH bags and haven't had any real problems, but I'm not going to pretend they don't have their issues. I think certain things have been handled poorly, and I hope they learn from these mistakes so they grow in a positive direction and I can buy from them for years to come (and feel good about supporting them).

well i guess i will reshare my horrible experience even though last time i did there was a nasty blog created calling me "obnoxious, selfish and craving attention, and claiming its *****ing for no reason" outside of TPF from one of our fellow HH supports-clearly not passive aggressive snarky huh? (but she has now blocked my posts so she wont read this anyway!)

But anyway

i went to the HH sample sale and had one of their sales people be horribly rude to me
I was the first person inside that morning, and they had all their mercer clutches in a box labeled clutches $75, and signs on the wall saying the same

so i had one in hand as did a nice woman i met there

she purchased hers i was standing next to her and it was $75

i shopped a little more and then went to pay and was told mine was $100!!!!

i of course complained and said, that she JUST paid $25 less 15 minutes before me i was standing right there

i also pointed out the boxes labeled cluthes $75 and as the mercer CLUTCH is a CLUTCH! haha i didnt think that took a brain surgeon

so then they tried to tell me that wasnt part of the sale and someone must have put it in the wrong box

NOO! i was there when the sale opened when ALL the mercer clutches were in the CLUTCH box that they themselves put there so no, no one put it there

i was very annoyed about this, and it wasnt the $25 it was the PRINCIPAL of why do i all of a sudden have to pay something different then others,,,

SO as i am telling them this and explaining that they really ought to know what prices are and what they are doing the sales person who i was complaining to who was the nasty one changing prices on a few different people , turned to the cashier girl IN FRONT OF MY FACE and said "IGNORE HER"

are you joking? you dont ignore a customer, like a jack ass i still bought a few things cause i had been there so long! but i shouldnt have at all ugh they didnt deserve my $

anyway i was very upset and composed a letter to Ben explaining how horrible i thought this was that i was treated this way by one of his sales people

and the response i got essentially said , sorry that happened but the price list was the final price of everything (even though i watched MANY pay different prices cause the left hand didnt know what the right hand was doing)

and he said we expect our customers to behave in a courtious fashion and profanity isnt a form of argument

THIS MADE ME FURIOUS! i am the sort of person who yes i can freak out and curse with the best of them , but if i am in a setting where i was to be heard, and respected i am not going to mouth off because i KNOW that wont get me anywhere, so i was VERY VERY careful to never utter even a screw this or anything i was very serious on what i was saying but not one DROP of profanity was used

and to know that he clearly asked that sales person, she LIED through her teeth and said i threw a fit and was cursing at her, and then for him to BELIEVE that makes me so upset!

HELLO no customer should ever hear, IGNORE HER ugh

sorry haha for the rant :smile: needless to say i wont ever go to a sample sale of theirs again or their store cause i might smack that woman if i saw her again (haha no i wouldnt but ugh i wouldnt be happy)

And so yea that is my horrible customer service story :sad:
And i was a big HH believer when i first found them, sad how horrible customer treatment can ruin everything :sad: thanks for listening sorry to rant! :smile:

bessie, that is horrible!! i still remember those posts of yours when you would go scout out what's in the actual store for us (I think that was you). i can't believe ANY business would treat a customer like that, especially one who had essentially had a hand in others making the decision to purchase their products.

thank you azia! yes it was me i went i asked questions i took pictures i gave as full reports as i could cause i was a fan and i knew others would be too and then to be treated that way after all the times i went to the store and showed support, :sad: very hurtful to say the least

i was hurt by her but then to have no like real response or attempt to make amends from ben :sad:

I have a question for Bessie...Did anyone like Ben, Toni, or any of the people at the Sample Sale know that you had been on a tour in their design room, purchased multiple bags, and stuff like that?? I ask because I remember when you took your special trip to HH and you got semi-VIP (ok thats kind of stretching it but you know what I mean) access to look around and stuff. I mean, didnt Ben or Toni remember you as a visitor and customer? and in doing so, shouldnt they (or anyone else there) taken into consideration that 1.) You told them about tpf and that you were a member and that lots of us were in the midst of an HH buying frenzy (In my mind, as a company owner, I'd definitely remember if there was a large group of half-crazed women who I have heard are salivating over my bags!) 2.) You were buying lots of bags ( IMO, this shows you are an established customer) and 3.) You went on a field trip in their freaking design room (IMO, this means you and them would have established a little bit of a customer/seller relationship..they know your face, who you are, ect....) How come no connections were made on their part?

Please note: I am not bashing HH, I am not siding with them either. I am just curious at to why they would be so incredibly nice to you during your trip and then be total asses when it comes to their products

hey gung actually yes he did know it was me in the email i got back from him after everything (cause i emailed and got nothing so i emailed again and said this isnt a matter to be ignored)
he wrote saying he had spent a good part of his day reading my email and my post about what happened on TPF

he then said i am delighted to hear you have purchased from us and i know you met toni and had a tour here (so he def knew it was me)

he then said that he took the issue to Toni and the sample sale staff because they havent ever had any issues with SS before

and thats what was followed by what i wrote above that the price list was the final price and sometimes people get confused at Sample sales cause they are crazy but that the list price was the final price

and then this comment that Staff are to treat customers curtious but customers are supposed to be the same way and profanity isnt a form or argument!!!! UGH

way to start to apologize and then poop all over it by essentially blaming me :sad:

So in the end i guess my visit and my praise of them and their store on TPF did nothing when it came down to how i was treated :sad:

I also wanted to ask others on here: Are you sure you talked to Ben!? The Ben I have dealt with is charismatic, funny, honest, to the point, and down to earth. Is it possible it was some other dude you talked to?????

The only point of contention Ive had with Ben and it was really a non-issue...not a problem at all, was asking if I could buy in mass quantity (LOL) which I was told no..and which I totally understand. (A girl can hope, right!?)

I ordered the Mercer Satchel in grey during this past sale and I like it except for the 2 side areas that close with magnets. Every time I sit the bag down or sometimes when I move it, those side pockets fall open and I'm afraid I'll lose my stuff out of it, like my cell phone! I hate that there's no zip pocket in the center area too.

And I can't send it back either, right?

Also, it's not vaguely CLOSE to being grey..it's a brownish, olivey kind of color. :rolleyes:

To date, I've had good service and I love all my other HH bags to death, but this one is a loser, for me anyway. :tdown:

My Mercer 3-C Satchel has the same problem with the side compartments. I have put small pieces of paper in the side pockets, and they have fallen out. I only use the center compartment, because anything in the side pockets is likely to fall out, and be lost.

I also wanted to ask others on here: Are you sure you talked to Ben!? The Ben I have dealt with is charismatic, funny, honest, to the point, and down to earth. Is it possible it was some other dude you talked to?????

haha well i am pretty sure :smile: it was his ben harnett gmail addres,,,

i mean dont get me wrong the very start of the email was nice saying he was sorry they didnt satisfy my customer service needs, and he was glad i bought from them

but then it all went down hill from there ;(

My problem with HH:

I purchased a Black Mercer Triple Satchel during the labor day sale. (I've purchased a total of 5 HH bags and two accessories since discovering them in August. That's ALOT for me who has always been a 1 bag every two years person.)

I was hesitant to buy at this sale because of the No Warranty - No Return - No exchange - policy on sale items and because of the stories I heard about the poor quality of many sample sale items.

The satchel is second quality - one of the straps on the bottom of the bag was sewn twisted. I have not contacted HH about this because, while disappointing in a bag that costed over $180, it is not particularly noticeable. Also I figured they would deny any exchange given their terms during the labor day sale. I still love my HH bags but am not sure I'd buy from another sale with that policy and I can't justify paying full price.

hey gung actually yes he did know it was me in the email i got back from him after everything (cause i emailed and got nothing so i emailed again and said this isnt a matter to be ignored)
he wrote saying he had spent a good part of his day reading my email and my post about what happened on TPF

he then said i am delighted to hear you have purchased from us and i know you met toni and had a tour here (so he def knew it was me)

he then said that he took the issue to Toni and the sample sale staff because they havent ever had any issues with SS before

and thats what was followed by what i wrote above that the price list was the final price and sometimes people get confused at Sample sales cause they are crazy but that the list price was the final price

and then this comment that Staff are to treat customers curtious but customers are supposed to be the same way and profanity isnt a form or argument!!!! UGH

way to start to apologize and then poop all over it by essentially blaming me :sad:

So in the end i guess my visit and my praise of them and their store on TPF did nothing when it came down to how i was treated :sad:

OOOHHH, I see. For some reason I had thought you and the SA were *cussing* at eachother or something like that. That really sucks then how she lied but it also reallysucks how Ben didnt take into consideration that you were an "established customer"

Hmm I dont know what to say. I remain firm in my statement that overall HH has provided me with great customer service (with the excpetion of 1 or 2 minor incidents) I do very much sympathize with those who are going through some serious quality issues with their bags. I cant help but thinking however, what if it was my handbag business, and I was trying to establish myself and become successful in the fashion world...would I (or you) tighten up the rules and become a little more stringent in hopes of increasing the profit margin....or would we be more easy going, and allow returns, credits, anything to keep the customer happy, in hopes that profits increase that way???

B/c thats what its about ladies...PROFIT. Whether its Coach, HH, or Bottega...at some point, for every company, CS is going to have to be slightly compromised in favor of profit.

Im not saying HH is right at all. If anything, Im trying to see the situation from different facets.

Status
Not open for further replies.