Problems With Hayden Harnett? Post Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my picture:

OMG! When I first saw that I was like "who stole my pictures?" That's crazy! I just got my replacement bag today. Those cheap [insert expletives] charged me shipping and even sent it back in the same box. :rolleyes: Whatever, I got what I wanted. I won't be ordering from them again, though.

And just for kicks... For those of you who don't believe HH has quality control issues, check a picture of my blush Havana compared to Cathy's...

Attachments

• torn lining.JPG
    torn lining.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 213
i recently purchased the pallenberg clutch, which has slots for your credit cards; except my credit cards would not fit in these slots...it wasnt even just tight, they would absolutely not go in. so i called and they were going to check it out, she called me back and said the one she pulled was "tight" but she could get a card in there....anyway, they sent me a ups return label and i sent it back yesterday for a refund...hopefully thats the end of it.

1. Defects in bags:

c) Flaking/disintegrating/cracking leather or patent leather. I received my Havana Hobo in saddle completely covered in wrinkles at the bottom. Not intentional ones, but the leather looked like elephant skin. The rest of the bag did not have this. Also, there were large (1-2 inch) scratches in several places on the bag prior to me wearing, right after taking out of dust bag.

4. Customer service problems. Please specify. This is the reason I will never shop from HH (at least not directly) again.
1. The tracking page said my package would ship on a certain day only to change SEVERAL times to the next day and the next.
2. The tracking page finally said my package has shipped only to tell me several days later the item has NOT shipped
3. And...the item WASN'T EVEN IN STOCK!!
4. I had to go through so many e-mails and phone correspondences with them in which they were not forthcoming with any help despite the fact that this was COMPLETELY fault on their part. I had to request free shipping, which was not refunded until I called again (they told me it takes a long time, yet after I called, it was refunded within a few hours.)

Basically, I find this company VERY inconsistent and that, to me, is almost as bad as bad service all the time. At least then you know what to expect.

I've ordered 4 bags from Hayden Harnett (1 when they first started, 1 during the Big Bang Sale and 2 during the Labor Day sale). My experiences when they first started have been much different from the ones now. I returned a bag last year because I didn't like the style. They were very gracious and helpful and refunded my money and sent me another bag in another style. During the Big Bang sale I received a bag I didn't like (because the bag was much smaller than the dimensions descried it) and tried to return it, after 3 unanswered emails for return shipping, I sold the bag on Ebay. This time I knew there were no returns allowed and no resales either. I liked both bags and have kept one and gave the other away. I was fortunate my bags were in good shape this time and I feel for all of you that have had recent problems. I never received promised gift coin purses but did receive a bracelet as part of a promotion/contest they had last Christmas. I agree they make it very hard for you to return something even before the new policies and that's not acceptable at these prices (sale or not). I love their bags but I wish they would fix these quality issues.

In general, I have experienced pretty great service from them. The two complaints I have both revolve around time:
1) to ship
2) to charge my cc (It took over a month for them to charge it, which screwed up my spending/budget for the month -- and not one order, but 3)

Indiaink, do you work for HH or what? I feel that if a company is in business, getting paid for a product and service, they need to perform or take the heat. It isn't up to me as a consumer to protect them or defend them. These issues have happened, and why should I or anyone put their own good money in the pockets of another if it's not a fair trade?

i recently purchased the pallenberg clutch, which has slots for your credit cards; except my credit cards would not fit in these slots...it wasnt even just tight, they would absolutely not go in. so i called and they were going to check it out, she called me back and said the one she pulled was "tight" but she could get a card in there....anyway, they sent me a ups return label and i sent it back yesterday for a refund...hopefully thats the end of it.

I have a Pompidou clutch, and the CC slots are extremely tight. I was thinking about using it as a possible wallet (it's a similar size to the one I currently use) but won't because of that issue.

I still love the clutch, because it serves other purposes for me, but holding my driver's license, i.d., CCs, etc isn't one of them!

I have a Pompidou clutch, and the CC slots are extremely tight. I was thinking about using it as a possible wallet (it's a similar size to the one I currently use) but won't because of that issue.

I still love the clutch, because it serves other purposes for me, but holding my driver's license, i.d., CCs, etc isn't one of them!

Ditto here. I did manage to slide cards into the slots, but they're so tight I'm afraid the leather might eventually tear or crack. Hopefully it won't.

Has anyone tried posting any of these issues or complaints to HH's own forum?

I have no major issues - just that they did not respond to an email inquiry I had (I purchased an owl coin purse and acorn charm before the sale and before they instilled their "no price adjustment" policy and asked them if they would consider refunding the small difference). It would have been nice for someone to acknowledge the email, but I understand they could have been busy.

IMHO, if I were an employee of HH, I would like to follow-up on negative feedback. This thread provides an extremely efficient way of tracking shortcomings in their (customer) service. Frankly, I had no idea that some items were received in such bad condition! I have been fortunate, but I certainly sympathize with my purse-loving sisters here. If HH is the responsible, responsive company that I thought it was - trying to differentiate themselves from other manufacturers, by offering excellent customer service and follow-up - this information would be extremely helpful. I would think they would welcome constructive criticism to improve their service....

That's the thing, see, nobody posts in their forum. Of course, I don't blame them - it's not been frequented often of late, for whatever reason. They should close it if they aren't going to take care of it.

Hey, that's a problem (1) I have with Hayden-Harnett, right there. They don't pay a lot of attention to their own online forum.

Snarky passive-agressive - that's cool. Sick and tired of me posting? That's cool, too. Do I work for Hayden-Harnett? That's funny and cool. I didn't come to HH's defense. Read my original post again. Whether we hate Hayden-Harnett or love them, post good or bad about them, why does somebody have to WORK for them to post their good feelings about them? If I was still on my Coach soapbox, you guys would accuse me of working for Coach, I suppose. But alas, I have but one Coach, and she's rather long in the tooth and no longer being made. She's still in excellent condition, however. So I can't talk about her a lot. <whispering: It's a Coach 9803 in black, best bag they ever made, IMO>

Outside of bringing attention to problems with Hayden-Harnett, will this thread serve as some kind of legal fodder? Because I want to learn how that works, too. I really do. No P-A-S here (that's passive-agressive-snarky). I've been on the fringes of the legal world for many many years and I love to learn new things about the law and how it works. Seriously. What does it take for me to convince you of that? But no, you focused on ... what did you focus on? (That's a general comment to my various detractors for which I don't expect any sane response.)

Second and third problems with HH that have been resolved:

(2) Length of time to refund to my credit card. Took two months. Finally came through. Ben shared with me the problem, and it wasn't on their end, but the financial companies they do business with. They were upset about it enough to issue me a store credit just because - for half the amount they owed me! I was flabbergasted! So they lost money on that deal.

(3) The worthless credit card slots in the Pallenberg clutch: I received my RMA and UPS return label in a very timely manner, and expect to receive the refund as quickly. No biggie. For me.

That's three things that have irritated me out of the 14 that have not. Certainly not enough for me to start any kind of crusade, whether good or bad. I've only ever been nuts about the Inka - and it's just pure coincidence that Hayden-Harnett happens to make it. Just as pure coincidence that apparently they aren't going to make it any more. Drat!

Constructive criticism, yes, that would be extremely valuable, I suspect. CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. Of any company we have issues with.

I will bow out of this thread, and pay closer attention to whom I sing my praises. Although if I worked it right, maybe I'd get a job offer. I could do NYC, yes I could. For a price.

I think part of the reason why those of us who haven't had negative experiences with Hayden Harnett feel uncomfortable with these sorts of threads is that it can come off as "you other forum members who've posted praise have deceived me!" If someone posts "I never heard of HH until all of you said they were awesome and now my life is ruined because of their horrible service" it doesn't make me feel very good. I don't really think you guys are implying that, and I think that your anger is correctly directed at Hayden Harnett and not at other forum members. However, statements like "we should all stop buying from them" imply some kind of disloyalty if any of us DO keep buying from them.

I like being in Purse Forum and I like owning a lot of HH bags. I would hope those aren't mutually exclusive states.

I understand why this might look unfair, and why someone might want to speak up to defend HH. It's important to maintain perspective, and being reminded to look at both sides is a way of pointing that out. It's good to have IndiaInks in this world! :yes:

My most rewarding jobs have been in customer service. At one place where I worked, a major airport, part of my job was to monitor what people were saying about us, including on the internet. Why? To address issues before they became issues. If you see a pattern of complaints, you have a problem, whether you deserve it or not. I don't know if HH is reading this forum, but they really should. None of these problems should be allowed to become serious. I really like the company's products and hope they address all of these issues.

OMG! When I first saw that I was like "who stole my pictures?" That's crazy! I just got my replacement bag today. Those cheap [insert expletives] charged me shipping and even sent it back in the same box. :rolleyes: Whatever, I got what I wanted. I won't be ordering from them again, though.

And just for kicks... For those of you who don't believe HH has quality control issues, check a picture of my blush Havana compared to Cathy's...

OHH WTFFFF! That sucks! (RE: Torn lining in Blush Havana)

I would also like to say that while I have had two very insignificant problems that were more annoyances that actual problemswith HH, I have received stellar customer service. Great communication, returns processed quickly, gorgeous non-defective bags, great prices and much more. They are still one of my favorite companies, where I know I can get a gorgeous, unique bag for a fair price (during their sales). Im am ahgast at some of the horror stories I am hearing, especially the ones about torn linings and such. I think HH ought to reconcile those matters, despite what their new policy states or what they think is right. In addition to that, I think I should have got my coin purse, and that someone should have notified me that my item was out of stock but hey, mistakes happen, and Im not up in arms about it. Apparently, others on tpf have had some sucky CS from HH, and I dont agree with that; I think that HH ought to step up to the plate, especially when it comes down to irregularities/quality issues.

Sorry for the ramble...I just wanted to express that I think HH is a great company, and I have experienced great CS with them most of the time but even so I think they ought to be a little bit more accomodating for those who are having some serious issues with their bags on here

Status
Not open for further replies.