Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

I'm so over a*sholes having big opinions of what cancer patients are supposed to do. The treatment is literally poison and burns administered to the body. Kate is uber-privileged. I too would use all that money and staff to recover how I see fit.
Yes and actually, many people I know DO take the time off, if they can. They're not dragging themselves to work on the bus with some kind of head covering and trying to stay awake or not vomit at their desk.

Yes and actually, many people I know DO take the time off, if they can. They're not dragging themselves to work on the bus with some kind of head covering and trying to stay awake or not vomit at their desk.

I actually worked for the first 18 months of my treatment. Fortunately it was work from home. Can’t tell you how many times I fell asleep at my desk or had to take barf breaks before a meeting. Thank goodness I didn’t have to be in the office! Somehow I still managed to retain my performance level but it was really hard a lot of the time.

My choice to work during that time. I was trying to create some normalcy for myself. Luckily I was able to take leave. My heart breaks for people who still have to work because they can’t afford otherwise, not to mention losing medical benefits. There needs to be more sympathy and support for people going through serious illness, not judgement. The mindset when it comes to working while sick here in the US can be pretty brutal.

I hope karma comes for those judgemental sugars and their ringleader.

I actually worked for the first 18 months of my treatment. Fortunately it was work from home. Can’t tell you how many times I fell asleep at my desk or had to take barf breaks before a meeting. Thank goodness I didn’t have to be in the office! Somehow I still managed to retain my performance level but it was really hard a lot of the time.

My choice to work during that time. I was trying to create some normalcy for myself. Luckily I was able to take leave. My heart breaks for people who still have to work because they can’t afford otherwise, not to mention losing medical benefits. There needs to be more sympathy and support for people going through serious illness, not judgement. The mindset when it comes to working while sick here in the US can be pretty brutal.

I hope karma comes for those judgemental sugars and their ringleader.
I understand the need to maintain a sense of normalcy while in the midst of treatment for a life-threatening illness. Didn't KP say that Catherine is keeping up with her patronages while at home? I hope you are on the mend. :hugs:

Good for them.

"They have chosen to not let him get under their skin when they are facing so many critical challenges."

from The Telegraph - apparently a legit newspaper?

Relentless quest for relevance. Soooo true

Even that article gave the Harkles too much credit...

That was a fun read. Though I'm not sure where "supremely well-spoken" came from, because I personally wonder most of the time if English is her first language.