Price increase

@mewmewdea, that I don’t know.

And I can’t recall the pattern historically for the non-US market. I think they follow suit shortly after. if it’s Europe you’re going to, even with a price increase it could still be cheaper in Europe what with VAT refund.

Reactions: sobemomma
This is infuriating. They literally did a hefty hike just before summer. I understand Kering has a strategy to position BV pricing at par with Hermes and Chanel but frankly it is such a greed driven move by luxury houses to keep increasing prices on a quarterly basis when it has nothing to do with inflation or manufacturing cost at this rate.
Of course, what separates most other luxury brands from Hermes and Chanel is resale value. That is what makes these price increases so infuriating for me. BV's performance on the resale market has convinced me buying new in the boutique is no longer worth it. And I love shopping in the boutique, visiting with the SA's, and giving them my business. It's a shame.

This year, I've had the impression BV may be tackling the resale value issue by producing in fewer quantities, and justifying the elevated price with an air of scarcity. This is all speculative on my part, but it seems when I do visit a boutique, an item or color I was hoping to see IRL is not in stock or sold out (when it has barely hit the website). I'm not sure if that is tactic effective, however. When I see a 2023 Cabat with a special treatment, originally $14,000, now listed on TRR for only $3,250, it reinforces my opinion that buying BV brand new at full retail is a bad financial decision.

Last edited:
Of course, what separates most other luxury brands from Hermes and Chanel is resale value. That is what makes these price increases so infuriating for me. BV's performance on the resale market has convinced me buying new in the boutique is no longer worth it. And I love shopping in the boutique, visiting with the SA's, and giving them my business. It's a shame.

This year, I've had the impression BV may be tackling the resale value issue by producing in fewer quantities, and justifying the elevated price with an air of scarcity. This is all speculative on my part, but it seems when I do visit a boutique, an item or color I was hoping to see IRL is not in stock or sold out (when it has barely hit the website). I'm not sure if that is tactic effective, however. When I see a 2023 Cabat with a special treatment, originally $14,000, now listed on TRR for only $3,250, it reinforces my opinion that buying BV brand new at full retail is a bad financial decision.
Yeah, you really do get some amazing BV deals on the pre-loved market! I have scored amazing cabats myself :smile:.

I do personally think Chanel and H are pretty unique with the “investment” value and most brands just don’t hold their value in the resale market. Even H and Chanel have several styles that sell at reasonable prices in the after market.

I have luckily built a very complete BV collection at this point (mostly TM era bags, footwear and clothing) so the only new style I would consider is a mini arco tote, mini cabat and possibly a small cabat as well lol but the newer cabats got such a massive price hike before summer that it simply put me off completely from buying new.

The after sales and customer service at BV however just continuous to outshine and it is one of the main reasons they keep drawing me back in. It is simply impeccable and BV artisans stand by their products, which makes them forever pieces and that more desirable.

In the beginning of October I was in my local Bottega Veneta shop, the SA there told me there would be a 200 euro price increase on the Small Jodie and that it would be increased from 3200 to 3400 by the end of October or beginning of November. Now I'm wondering if it was to try to push me to buy, because there has not been any increase.