Price increase

I've noticed the price increases happen in May and November, usually by at least 10% each time. I am at the point where I prefer to purchase on the resale market. I love shopping in the boutique, but I can no longer justify buying there unless it is something truly special to me.

so i passed by a bv store, and the sales associate confirmed that the price increase is on may 16th. she showed me the new price for the sardine bag and it is eyewateringly expensive (also because sales tax here is 10%).

Wow, thank you for the input. Do you know how much the bags (e.g Sardine bag) will increase? Like by what percentage? I am thinking about getting the small Jodie before the prices go up :angel::confused1:

Wow, thank you for the input. Do you know how much the bags (e.g Sardine bag) will increase? Like by what percentage? I am thinking about getting the small Jodie before the prices go up :angel::confused1:
it's probably going to vary based on currency conversion and how much sales tax is in your area, but definitely more than 10%. she showed me 595k jpy on her calculator after 10% sales tax. i'm still trying to remember whether i saw the figure correctly, but i was well and truly shocked.

she also mentioned the cabat and said that the small cabat will go up in price as well. i don't remember the figure anymore because i was still trying to digest the sardine bag price increase. but i do remember also being shocked, hahah.

she also mentioned the cabat and said that the small cabat will go up in price as well. i don't remember the figure anymore because i was still trying to digest the sardine bag price increase. but i do remember also being shocked, hahah.
Does that mean the mini jodie will go up as well? ‍ it’s already so much for a tiny bag.

544,000 Yen is still less (based on the xe.com currency converter) than the $4200 USD current price.
At the current $4200, the corresponding price in jpy is 484,000 which is what I paid. Also the valuation has been wildly fluctuating since late last year. I don’t know when BV priced their bags or how. It could be they just pegged it at whatever rate it was when the sardine released or they used an average valuation.

But I earn in yen and so for me, this is quite expensive as just a few years back, the yen against the dollar was almost 110 jpy to 1 usd and that was always the average before covid.(meaning it should be closer to 420 or 430k yen. That’s why I say it’s expensive when I think about the historical valuation just a few years back)

Last edited: