Preloved Birthday Reveal And What to Do

May 29, 2010
Hi all! I need the advice of some fashionistas! I just bought this beautiful preloved Tiffany 5 stone aquamarine color by the yard bracelet in platinum. Here’s the dilemma- I’m not a thin bracelet person. When I do wear bracelets I like them thicker. So here is the question. Should I keep her as is or have Tiffany Frankenstein her and make her into a 5 stone necklace? :lol: I have also wanted a 5 stone in platinum but was originally dreaming of the diamond version. If I chose not to extend it should I start to collect more bracelets to make a stack?

To help with your decision I own the following necklaces:
.14 DBTY yellow gold
.32 DBTY platinum
.25 5 stone in silver

Thanks for your help!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Shopgirl1996

Live Laugh Love
Apr 11, 2015
USA
First things first...Happy Birthday!!! Your bracelet is gorgeous!

My only advice is to wear it for a while and see how you like it as is. If it still leaves you wanting, then have Tiffany make it into a necklace. I'm not a fan of stacking bracelets (especially with thin chains) because I don't like how they tangle or get under my watch. Good luck in your choice!

May 29, 2010

My only advice is to wear it for a while and see how you like it as is. If it still leaves you wanting, then have Tiffany make it into a necklace. I'm not a fan of stacking bracelets (especially with thin chains) because I don't like how they tangle or get under my watch. Good luck in your choice!
Thank you so much! I don’t have to decide immediately but want to have other’s opinions on where to go with it.

Reactions: Shopgirl1996

Canturi lover

Dec 13, 2015

This 100%

have you tried it on with your other bracelet or bangles to see if you like the look of it?
It looks beautiful on you - the colour is great for your skin tone

May 29, 2010
This 100%

have you tried it on with your other bracelet or bangles to see if you like the look of it?
It looks beautiful on you - the colour is great for your skin tone
Thank you!

I tried in on with a few of my bracelets. Unfortunately they didn’t lay correctly. I really don’t have too many thin bracelets. When I put it next to thicker pieces those pieces end up overpowering the CBTY.

Reactions: Canturi lover

efleon

LVoe
O.G.
Jul 30, 2008
Absolutely love that bracelet. I have a couple Tiffany aquamarine platinum pieces and they are unparalleled.
Now. It sounds to me like you would really like to have her around your neck. And I gotta say I like the pic showing that.
Either way, bracelet or necklace, would you layer?
I think we need to decide that first.
If it’s a stand alone piece.

• Love
Reactions: AntiqueShopper
May 29, 2010
Absolutely love that bracelet. I have a couple Tiffany aquamarine platinum pieces and they are unparalleled.
Now. It sounds to me like you would really like to have her around your neck. And I gotta say I like the pic showing that.
Either way, bracelet or necklace, would you layer?
I think we need to decide that first.
If it’s a stand alone piece.
Thank you! I would love to see your aquamarine collection!

So I were to extend her I would add 9 inches to it. I would extend some space between the stones (add .5-.75 inches) and extend the back with 6-7 inches. I would want it to look like a traditional 5 stone diamond but with the stones slightly closer together. The original 5 stone has the diamonds about 2 inches apart. She would sit at 15.5 inches and be a piece that I would probably layer with my other DBTY pieces. I think she would particularly look good with my single stone platinum .32 that sits at 16.75 inches (picked length to make it easy to later) or my multi-stone silver which is 18 inches. I called customer service and the cost to extend was about $350 usd. Making the total cost of the necklace under $1400 with tax. (The Bracelet was $950 plus tax). This I can do whenever I feel comfortable enough to enter a mall.

Keeping her at this length would mean that I would add another bracelet in the future and potentially buy an aquamarine pendant. The bracelet would be a 3 or more diamond piece in gold or platinum. For the pendant I would either want to search the preloved market for the matching 3 stone (1 aquamarine and 2 diamonds) or get a Soleste. This would end up being a more expensive endeavor but would result in additional pieces. I would not be able to do this immediately and would have to wait for holidays or special occasions to add.

Last edited:
Reactions: marie132

efleon

LVoe
O.G.
Jul 30, 2008
Thank you! I would love to see your aquamarine collection!

So I were to extend her I would add 9 inches to it. I would extend some space between the stones (add .5-.75 inches) and extend the back with 6-7 inches. I would want it to look like a traditional 5 stone diamond but with the stones slightly closer together. The original 5 stone has the diamonds about 2 inches apart. She would sit at 15.5 inches and be a piece that I would probably layer with my other DBTY pieces. I think she would particularly look good with my single stone platinum .32 that sits at 16.75 inches (picked length to make it easy to later) or my multi-stone silver which is 18 inches. I called customer service and the cost to extend was about $350 usd. Making the total cost of the necklace under $1400 with tax. (The Bracelet was $950 plus tax). This I can do whenever I feel comfortable enough to enter a mall.

Keeping her at this length would mean that I would add another bracelet in the future and potentially buy an aquamarine pendant. The bracelet would be a 3 or more diamond piece in gold or platinum. For the pendant I would either want to search the preloved market for the matching 3 stone (1 aquamarine and 2 diamonds) or get a Soleste. This would end up being a more expensive endeavor but would result in additional pieces. I would not be able to do this immediately and would have to wait for holidays or special occasions to add.
Definitely a great plan. I think the layer approach is great and allows flexibility.
Please keep us posted on the transformation.
Here are my Tiff aquamarine pieces.
CBTY bezel studs and Jazz chandelier necklace.
I adore them!

845735A4-3510-42F9-B22C-492882FDA8CC.jpeg

EA6D4788-1CCD-425E-AF4B-3D1AF1796F56.png

emchhardy

Feb 12, 2013
Congrats on your new bracelet and happy birthday! I would keep it as-is. i think it's lovely. By the way, how was your experience with Fashionphile? I've been eyeing that site lately for T&Co. pieces but have never purchased from them.

Reactions: Shopgirl1996
May 29, 2010
Congrats on your new bracelet and happy birthday! I would keep it as-is. i think it's lovely. By the way, how was your experience with Fashionphile? I've been eyeing that site lately for T&Co. pieces but have never purchased from them.
Thank you! This was my first purchase from them. I ordered it on a Sunday and arrived the following Monday- so 8 days later (including weekends). The piece came in excellent condition and I would order from them again.

Violet Bleu

Space Cadet
Apr 16, 2015
The cosmos
Happy Birthday @AntiqueShopper!
I think you should keep the bracelet as is, and you will be surprised by how much it stands out in large stacks. I am currently wearing a pink sapphire bracelet from Cartier that is a single stone, and it surprises me how much it adds to my stack! Since your bracelet is a multi-stone, then I think it will pop even more! Plus it looks really pretty on your wrist!

JessicaRabbit1

Adores Tiffany & Co. Travel addict.
Apr 19, 2015
australia
Definitely a great plan. I think the layer approach is great and allows flexibility.
Please keep us posted on the transformation.
Here are my Tiff aquamarine pieces.
CBTY bezel studs and Jazz chandelier necklace.
I adore them!

View attachment 4826133

View attachment 4826134
I keep going back to your photos! theyre so amazing. wear in good health and enjoy :smile: xx