Preloved Birthday Reveal And What to Do

May 29, 2010
Hi all! I need the advice of some fashionistas! I just bought this beautiful preloved Tiffany 5 stone aquamarine color by the yard bracelet in platinum. Here’s the dilemma- I’m not a thin bracelet person. When I do wear bracelets I like them thicker. So here is the question. Should I keep her as is or have Tiffany Frankenstein her and make her into a 5 stone necklace? :lol: I have also wanted a 5 stone in platinum but was originally dreaming of the diamond version. If I chose not to extend it should I start to collect more bracelets to make a stack?

To help with your decision I own the following necklaces:
.14 DBTY yellow gold
.32 DBTY platinum
.25 5 stone in silver

Thanks for your help!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

First things first...Happy Birthday!!! Your bracelet is gorgeous!

My only advice is to wear it for a while and see how you like it as is. If it still leaves you wanting, then have Tiffany make it into a necklace. I'm not a fan of stacking bracelets (especially with thin chains) because I don't like how they tangle or get under my watch. Good luck in your choice!

My only advice is to wear it for a while and see how you like it as is. If it still leaves you wanting, then have Tiffany make it into a necklace. I'm not a fan of stacking bracelets (especially with thin chains) because I don't like how they tangle or get under my watch. Good luck in your choice!
Thank you so much! I don’t have to decide immediately but want to have other’s opinions on where to go with it.

Reactions: Shopgirl1996

This 100%

have you tried it on with your other bracelet or bangles to see if you like the look of it?
It looks beautiful on you - the colour is great for your skin tone

This 100%

have you tried it on with your other bracelet or bangles to see if you like the look of it?
It looks beautiful on you - the colour is great for your skin tone
Thank you!

I tried in on with a few of my bracelets. Unfortunately they didn’t lay correctly. I really don’t have too many thin bracelets. When I put it next to thicker pieces those pieces end up overpowering the CBTY.

Reactions: Canturi lover
Absolutely love that bracelet. I have a couple Tiffany aquamarine platinum pieces and they are unparalleled.
Now. It sounds to me like you would really like to have her around your neck. And I gotta say I like the pic showing that.
Either way, bracelet or necklace, would you layer?
I think we need to decide that first.
If it’s a stand alone piece.

• Love
Reactions: AntiqueShopper
Absolutely love that bracelet. I have a couple Tiffany aquamarine platinum pieces and they are unparalleled.
Now. It sounds to me like you would really like to have her around your neck. And I gotta say I like the pic showing that.
Either way, bracelet or necklace, would you layer?
I think we need to decide that first.
If it’s a stand alone piece.
Thank you! I would love to see your aquamarine collection!

So I were to extend her I would add 9 inches to it. I would extend some space between the stones (add .5-.75 inches) and extend the back with 6-7 inches. I would want it to look like a traditional 5 stone diamond but with the stones slightly closer together. The original 5 stone has the diamonds about 2 inches apart. She would sit at 15.5 inches and be a piece that I would probably layer with my other DBTY pieces. I think she would particularly look good with my single stone platinum .32 that sits at 16.75 inches (picked length to make it easy to later) or my multi-stone silver which is 18 inches. I called customer service and the cost to extend was about $350 usd. Making the total cost of the necklace under $1400 with tax. (The Bracelet was $950 plus tax). This I can do whenever I feel comfortable enough to enter a mall.

Keeping her at this length would mean that I would add another bracelet in the future and potentially buy an aquamarine pendant. The bracelet would be a 3 or more diamond piece in gold or platinum. For the pendant I would either want to search the preloved market for the matching 3 stone (1 aquamarine and 2 diamonds) or get a Soleste. This would end up being a more expensive endeavor but would result in additional pieces. I would not be able to do this immediately and would have to wait for holidays or special occasions to add.

Last edited:
Reactions: marie132
Thank you! I would love to see your aquamarine collection!

So I were to extend her I would add 9 inches to it. I would extend some space between the stones (add .5-.75 inches) and extend the back with 6-7 inches. I would want it to look like a traditional 5 stone diamond but with the stones slightly closer together. The original 5 stone has the diamonds about 2 inches apart. She would sit at 15.5 inches and be a piece that I would probably layer with my other DBTY pieces. I think she would particularly look good with my single stone platinum .32 that sits at 16.75 inches (picked length to make it easy to later) or my multi-stone silver which is 18 inches. I called customer service and the cost to extend was about $350 usd. Making the total cost of the necklace under $1400 with tax. (The Bracelet was $950 plus tax). This I can do whenever I feel comfortable enough to enter a mall.

Keeping her at this length would mean that I would add another bracelet in the future and potentially buy an aquamarine pendant. The bracelet would be a 3 or more diamond piece in gold or platinum. For the pendant I would either want to search the preloved market for the matching 3 stone (1 aquamarine and 2 diamonds) or get a Soleste. This would end up being a more expensive endeavor but would result in additional pieces. I would not be able to do this immediately and would have to wait for holidays or special occasions to add.
Definitely a great plan. I think the layer approach is great and allows flexibility.
Please keep us posted on the transformation.
Here are my Tiff aquamarine pieces.
CBTY bezel studs and Jazz chandelier necklace.
I adore them!

845735A4-3510-42F9-B22C-492882FDA8CC.jpeg

EA6D4788-1CCD-425E-AF4B-3D1AF1796F56.png

Congrats on your new bracelet and happy birthday! I would keep it as-is. i think it's lovely. By the way, how was your experience with Fashionphile? I've been eyeing that site lately for T&Co. pieces but have never purchased from them.
Thank you! This was my first purchase from them. I ordered it on a Sunday and arrived the following Monday- so 8 days later (including weekends). The piece came in excellent condition and I would order from them again.

Happy Birthday @AntiqueShopper!
I think you should keep the bracelet as is, and you will be surprised by how much it stands out in large stacks. I am currently wearing a pink sapphire bracelet from Cartier that is a single stone, and it surprises me how much it adds to my stack! Since your bracelet is a multi-stone, then I think it will pop even more! Plus it looks really pretty on your wrist!

Definitely a great plan. I think the layer approach is great and allows flexibility.
Please keep us posted on the transformation.
Here are my Tiff aquamarine pieces.
CBTY bezel studs and Jazz chandelier necklace.
I adore them!

View attachment 4826133

View attachment 4826134

I keep going back to your photos! theyre so amazing. wear in good health and enjoy :smile: xx