Prada Saffiano tote quality

I have never owned a larger tote by prada, but I do have a much loved double zip cosmetic case which I have absolutely flogged as a daily mini bag and it looks as good as new. Over the time of using this bag I have come to appreciate the lower key prada aesthetic and I must say that the quality of this bag is impeccable, along with other slg items I use daily. I intend to buy more from prada.

Honestly, after a lot of research and reflection, I do think the issue boil down to 2 categories. 1) the style/design and 2) the age. I believe older Prada bags are better made than newer and I believe the saffiano lux totes are so over manufactured that they tend to have the lesser quality because they are churning them out more quickly.

This is so true. I have found the more popular style, the worse the quality. It goes for LV too.

It pains me to see so many people turning up their noses and flouncing off because of one particular style of bag. There is more to Prada than these freaking totes.
I carry Prada bags every day with no problem. I have carried the same bag every day for over a year and it still looks like it did when I got it.
I can't wait for the herd to thunder off after the next 'it' bag comes along. It is going to be like the Celine trapeze mania---------no one seemed at all interested in the other nice bags that Celine made. Now that those bags are passe you don't see any of their devotees sticking around and supporting the brand and that is sad.

Reactions: amateurjeweler
It pains me to see so many people turning up their noses and flouncing off because of one particular style of bag. There is more to Prada than these freaking totes.
I carry Prada bags every day with no problem. I have carried the same bag every day for over a year and it still looks like it did when I got it.
I can't wait for the herd to thunder off after the next 'it' bag comes along. It is going to be like the Celine trapeze mania---------no one seemed at all interested in the other nice bags that Celine made. Now that those bags are passe you don't see any of their devotees sticking around and supporting the brand and that is sad.

I'm not turning my nose up at Prada at all, I LOVE their bags. I have 3 bags with no problems whatsoever. None of them are the saffiano lux tote though. I once bought a saffiano lux tote that was absolutely perfect until I used it for about a month and then it started cracking. I am just agreeing that unfortunately they crank those out at record speed and I, like so many others are not happy with the quality. I do love my 3 Prada bags and will continue to buy Prada, but only at Neiman Marcus where they will stand behind their bags and take a return if there are any problems. :smile:

I used to be in love with Prada bags but now I am never going back. I went into the Prada 5th Ave store to exchange my Saffiano Lux Tote because there were several defects on the bag (bad stitching on the straps and tacky glue like substance around the gold hardware on the handles). After much waiting and major attitude from the manager named Diana, I manage to get a new bag. When I get home and inspect it further I realized there was a HUGE hole in the fabric lining! AND she made me sign the bag off as a final sale and now I can't even return or exchange it.

If you are planning to get a Saffiano or ANY prada bag do not go to the 5th AVE store. They are extremely rude and reluctant when you try to return a DEFECTIVE item. I would try to steer clear of any Prada things! Their lack of quality control is astounding

I am so disappointed in the stories I am reading. I appreciate you all sharing your experiences, as these bags are a big investment!

This was taken over six years ago and I've posted it several times before. Here is a good sampling of Prada (and there's even an older saffy tote in the mix). When I scroll through my photo albums from years gone by and see all the variety and quality that Prada used to offer, it's not hard to understand why true Prada aficionados like us have totally had enough of Prada these days. Breaks my heart, too. My screen name pretty much says it all, but Prada has done a fine job of alienating customers like myself with their greed, ridiculous pricing these days and total lack of imagination.

Attachments

• 2010_05280007.JPG
    2010_05280007.JPG
    157.3 KB · Views: 518
Reactions: celine666666
This was taken over six years ago and I've posted it several times before. Here is a good sampling of Prada (and there's even an older saffy tote in the mix). When I scroll through my photo albums from years gone by and see all the variety and quality that Prada used to offer, it's not hard to understand why true Prada aficionados like us have totally had enough of Prada these days. Breaks my heart, too. My screen name pretty much says it all, but Prada has done a fine job of alienating customers like myself with their greed, ridiculous pricing these days and total lack of imagination.

That's a remarkable collection, and it really brings home just how little choice Prada offers nowadays by comparison. I love the reversible tote I bought for my daughter, and I'm sure she will too when her birthday finally rolls around, but I have run up against a brick wall trying to get a wallet to go with it. She doesn't do gold, and all Prada shows on its website is gold toned hardware for their small leather goods.

Even then there are a few shapes which are interesting, and relatively inexpensive, but that gold is a deal breaker, as is the Saffiano.

Incidentally, stay tuned for the latest instalments in the Hall of Shame, where the plucky forum member (me) continues her Court action against Cocosa for selling a fake Prada, which they had denied receiving, notwithstanding the fact that they had signed for receipt of it -. I have legal expertise, albeit in a different field, so I was comfortable with filling in the forms and taking them to Court.

I don't think they expected that, what with the worldview that bag buyers are obviously airheads who could just be brushed off with fatuous excuses; I don't think they even begin to grasp that we are not living in the 1950s, and that the women buying Cocosa's bags are grown ups, used to making important decisions using that stuff in our heads called brains which are definitely not filled with air.

Of course, they also didn't expect Prada Psycho either, and the other experts here; mumble Miss Figgy, mumble.. :roflmfao:

I have never owned a larger tote by prada, but I do have a much loved double zip cosmetic case which I have absolutely flogged as a daily mini bag and it looks as good as new. Over the time of using this bag I have come to appreciate the lower key prada aesthetic and I must say that the quality of this bag is impeccable, along with other slg items I use daily. I intend to buy more from prada.

I am so happy to read this! I too have ordered the double zip cosmetic pouch, just waiting for it to arrive now. I am going to use it as a mini bag as well, especially for those messy nights in town where i need a super durable bag to withstand throwing around and spilt drinks (if it was to accidentally happen).

Can't wait for it to arrive!

^^ my double zip is a HG for daily use and I was practically in mourning when I finally swapped out. Only swapped out because I have a shortish attention span and was desperate for a change. :smile:

Hi. I got my Prada saffiano tote bag from Vestiaire Collective a few years ago. Have used it maybe ten times and now the handles are peeling. What to do? I bought it used.
I'm sorry this is happening. By peeling, you mean the top layer is coming off? Have you had the bag authenticated, not by VC, but by a private authenticator or here on the forum? If not, I highly recommend doing that.

I'm sorry this is happening. By peeling, you mean the top layer is coming off? Have you had the bag authenticated, not by VC, but by a private authenticator or here on the forum? If not, I highly recommend doing that.
No, I havent authenticate it here. How does it help? If it is not authenticate, does Vestiaire replace it or pay mobey back?

No, I havent authenticate it here. How does it help? If it is not authenticate, does Vestiaire replace it or pay mobey back?
Prada Saffiano bags are the most counterfeited (and counterfeited very 'well') bags by Prada, or maybe second most after nylon. Vestiaire isn't very good with authenticating their merchandise - check out this post from just a couple of days ago in the Celine subforum: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...k-my-fashionphile-nano-is-fake.1037888/page-2 scroll down to post #19 (the number is in the top right corner of the post)

It could just be a sign of poor craftsmanship, but it's also possible you've been sold a fake. You should always authenticate preloved items. Whether or not VC would refund your money if the bag turns out to be fake, I have no idea. Post here: https://forum.purseblog.com/forums/prada.192/page-2 But please read post #1 and submit all the necessary photos and if you have it, link to the listing on VC.

Prada Saffiano bags are the most counterfeited (and counterfeited very 'well') bags by Prada, or maybe second most after nylon. Vestiaire isn't very good with authenticating their merchandise - check out this post from just a couple of days ago in the Celine subforum: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...k-my-fashionphile-nano-is-fake.1037888/page-2 scroll down to post #19 (the number is in the top right corner of the post)

It could just be a sign of poor craftsmanship, but it's also possible you've been sold a fake. You should always authenticate preloved items. Whether or not VC would refund your money if the bag turns out to be fake, I have no idea. Post here: https://forum.purseblog.com/forums/prada.192/page-2 But please read post #1 and submit all the necessary photos and if you have it, link to the listing on VC.
Sorry my bad english....I contacted VC but they said that they cant refund the item because I have used it. If the item prove to be fake. How I get my money back from VC? Do I have to sell it by myself?
I can ask here if the item is real?I bought it real and paid a lot of it so I want it to be real.

Sorry my bad english....I contacted VC but they said that they cant refund the item because I have used it. If the item prove to be fake. How I get my money back from VC? Do I have to sell it by myself?
I can ask here if the item is real?I bought it real and paid a lot of it so I want it to be real.
Your English is OK, don't worry about it.

Sorry, I accidentally linked the wrong page. Here's the thread you need to post in: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/authenticate-this-prada.899598/

First things first: you need to find out if the bag is authentic. That is the most important part here. VC is correct in saying that they can't refund you because the item in question has been used by you. However, if the bag turns out to be fake, then that means VC is at fault here for selling you an illegal item (counterfeits are illegal to sell in most countries), and should refund you regardless of whether or not you used the bag. But like I said, get the bag authenticated first.