Calling all 2012 Nanos... I think my Fashionphile nano is fake

I second jmc3007's advice to have this bag authenticated. Celine is faked so often and so 'well', the Luggage especially so. Read the reviews before choosing the service, though. Not everyone who claims they know a brand is actually good at authenticating it.

I was in the middle of requesting authentication from Real Authenticators and had the good sense to look for reviews. Here at tPF, a lot of people have had poor dealing with them. That's when I found this thread (I apologize if I've highjacked it) and lead me to call Celine.

Now I am back to square one. I think I should get it authenticated, and I also don't know that I will trust the authenticators. That would leave me, back again, at square one.

I was in the middle of requesting authentication from Real Authenticators and had the good sense to look for reviews. Here at tPF, a lot of people have had poor dealing with them. That's when I found this thread (I apologize if I've highjacked it) and lead me to call Celine.

Now I am back to square one. I think I should get it authenticated, and I also don't know that I will trust the authenticators. That would leave me, back again, at square one.
There used to be a wonderful authenticator here, Sophia, but sadly, she hasn't been around for about a year now, I believe. Another way of finding out if the bag is genuine would be to send it in for SPA or repairs, which they would provide if the item is authentic, obviously. But I don't know if Celine offers any such services and if it's something that you would like to get.

I heard good reviews about MyPoupette and Authenticate4U here on the forums, especially about MP. I just checked their websites and they do Celine.

AUGH!! I was finally feeling good about it. I think it is a lot off also, but was comforted by the Celine employee. May I ask what other red flags got your attention? Was it the things I mentioned, or others?
I don’t think you’re listening, take copious pics including serial tag, logo etc and message A4U on FB for authentication, fee is less than $10 if u wanna keep or return to VC as they’ve already offered a return label.

I don’t think you’re listening, take copious pics including serial tag, logo etc and message A4U on FB for authentication, fee is less than $10 if u wanna keep or return to VC as they’ve already offered a return label.

I did listen. I've ordered authentication. It came back FAKE!

I am heartbroken. Vestiaire Collective has seen this twice and twice they deemed it authentic. I'll get my money back, sure, but I've always trusted VC. :sad:

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: gettinpurseonal

I am heartbroken. Vestiaire Collective has seen this twice and twice they deemed it authentic. I'll get my money back, sure, but I've always trusted VC. :sad:
I'm curious as to who does the authentication for VC. When The Real Real was finally confronted about selling fakes some time ago (and some of those fakes were just plain ghastly), it turned out that some of the people who were supposed to be authenticating incoming merchandise were copywriters or something like that, and had only a few minutes to examine each item. Perhaps the same is true for VC. :shrugs:

I hope the return process will be smooth. Wonder if they'll relist the bag, dismissing A4U's opinion.

I'm curious as to who does the authentication for VC. When The Real Real was finally confronted about selling fakes some time ago (and some of those fakes were just plain ghastly), it turned out that some of the people who were supposed to be authenticating incoming merchandise were copywriters or something like that, and had only a few minutes to examine each item. Perhaps the same is true for VC. :shrugs:
It’s the same process with VC. They featured an art appraiser some year back who now appraises handbags. I got a fake and genuine from them several years ago, I put together a 10 page PDF to compare and contrast the differences, pretty sure they used it as a manual for training, or at least I hoped they did. It’s not rocket science ppl....

It’s the same process with VC. They featured an art appraiser some year back who now appraises handbags. I got a fake and genuine from them several years ago, I put together a 10 page PDF to compare and contrast the differences, pretty sure they used it as a manual for training, or at least I hoped they did. It’s not rocket science ppl....
That's a shame. Even Entrupy would be more trustworthy, it would seem.

I am grateful for your comments. I was going to be perfectly happy after speaking with Celine customer service, though part of me knew it couldn't be right.

Reactions: IntheOcean

I found the bag listing you purchased on VC and took a look of the seller. This seller has sold another poor replica too... what a shame those bad fakes can even past the VC control....

I am grateful for your comments. I was going to be perfectly happy after speaking with Celine customer service, though part of me knew it couldn't be right.
Actually yours was off a lot more than the typical 1/2” variation from handcrafting allowance. Also I’m not one to really subscribe to that kind of myth in any event. The kind of allowance Celine was referring to is 1/8” at the most.

I found the bag listing you purchased on VC and took a look of the seller. This seller has sold another poor replica too... what a shame those bad fakes can even past the VC control....
Well heck. I talked to the seller immediately because I was surprised at the size immediately (also know, I very much wanted to love this bag so was maybe turning a blind eye a little). I wonder if he knows what he is doing. His story sort of changed. First he said "I hope you enjoy the bag as much as I did." Then, when I tried to dig a little he said, "I never used it. I bought it from VC and found it to be too loud for a man" kind of a response--I am using quotes loosely. I have no idea what his truth is or if he knows he's got fakes or not. That said, you can have a bag in a collection, enjoy the heck of out of, and not use it. That is a thing, for sure.

Actually yours was off a lot more than the typical 1/2” variation from handcrafting allowance. Also I’m not one to really subscribe to that kind of myth in any event. The kind of allowance Celine was referring to is 1/8” at the most.
Infuriating! I described the dimensions to the Celine rep very clearly. We had a wonderful chat about this and that (she used to work for Hermes) and she made me feel very much okay about this bag that I started questioning on Day 1.

Fingers crossed VC won't give me a hard time. I sent it out Thursday.