Prada Saffiano tote quality

Does anyone know the correlation between Saffiano & vinyl? There's not much info online which is frustrating. I saw a London Fog bag listed as Saffiano, but the same bag at 6pm.com stated Simulated leather construction. I emailed a LF representative and was told the material used is vinyl with no other explanation.

Does anyone know the correlation between Saffiano & vinyl? There's not much info online which is frustrating. I saw a London Fog bag listed as Saffiano, but the same bag at 6pm.com stated Simulated leather construction. I emailed a LF representative and was told the material used is vinyl with no other explanation.

Perhaps this article will help:

http://blog.aspinaloflondon.com/what-is-saffiano-leather-let-us-explain/

Saffaino leather should have nothing to do with vinyl according to this and multiple other articles I read. That is if I read them correctly. I hope not considering what I have paid for a couple of saffiano bags I have. Hope this article helps.

A few weeks ago, I pulled the plunge and ordered a Prada Gardener's Tote from NM. It was shipped to me promptly and upon opening it, I found the the handles to be CROOKED. I read many posts on TPF before ordering and was aware of issues, but really had to see it for myself to be totally turned off. I sent the bag back immediately and got a Chanel GST instead. :smile:

I bought my bn2274 back in the beginning of December from the Prada store in Sydney, Australia. I have only used the bag 4 times since then. Today I noticed that on both sides of my bag, underneath the snap buttons, the stitching has came loose! I don't have a Prada store in my state as I am from South Australia so I called the Sydney store and they told me to call the Melbourne store as it is more closer to Adelaide. They said if I said it back to them, they will send it to Singapore to get fixed as it is still under warranty. I asked if I would get reimbursed for postage cost and they said no. I have attached pictures of both sides below. I am so disappointed!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1429627467.178270.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1429627479.476044.jpg

I bought my bn2274 back in the beginning of December from the Prada store in Sydney, Australia. I have only used the bag 4 times since then. Today I noticed that on both sides of my bag, underneath the snap buttons, the stitching has came loose! I don't have a Prada store in my state as I am from South Australia so I called the Sydney store and they told me to call the Melbourne store as it is more closer to Adelaide. They said if I said it back to them, they will send it to Singapore to get fixed as it is still under warranty. I asked if I would get reimbursed for postage cost and they said no. I have attached pictures of both sides below. I am so disappointed!

View attachment 2969867
View attachment 2969870[/QUOT

Really?! I would press the issue more as its a faulty item so you shouldn't need to pay for postage, different if it was something you brought and was a change of mind return. Call the Gold Coast store as they are all lovely.

View attachment 2969867
View attachment 2969870[/QUOT

Really?! I would press the issue more as its a faulty item so you shouldn't need to pay for postage, different if it was something you brought and was a change of mind return. Call the Gold Coast store as they are all lovely.
I called the gold coast store this morning and they said the same thing. I asked if it would be sent back to singapore or italy and they said it would be sent to singapore. I also asked if I sent it from South Australia would they refund the postage they said they wouldn't, that they wouldn't recommend me to post it, instead get someone that I trust to bring it in to the store. I posted it to the melbourne store and it cost me $27 postage. Not too bad but it would have been nice for them to refund me as the damage wasn't my fault.

Thank you so much for your reply and advice though bagchicky! I really appreciate it =)

I called the gold coast store this morning and they said the same thing. I asked if it would be sent back to singapore or italy and they said it would be sent to singapore. I also asked if I sent it from South Australia would they refund the postage they said they wouldn't, that they wouldn't recommend me to post it, instead get someone that I trust to bring it in to the store. I posted it to the melbourne store and it cost me $27 postage. Not too bad but it would have been nice for them to refund me as the damage wasn't my fault.

Thank you so much for your reply and advice though bagchicky! I really appreciate it =)
Your welcome
I hope it doesn't take too long to come back.

Hi all, im so sad. Recently i asked a friend help me bought a Prada Saffiano BN1801 at Paris. I already she to checked each side of the bag before purchase it. But when i received the bag i found that the side button can not close. I have tried to exchange to new bag at my local Prada Shop but they dnt want to exchange it, they said they will repair the button and need 3 month. This make me crazy, its new and i never use it yet and need to repair that not fair to me. That not my fault. So now my friend said they will try to exchange it at Paris from the Prada boutique where they purchased it. Girls help me, will they exchange it? I dont want waiting 3 month, its too long to me. I just want they exchange new to me.

I had the same problem, bought it from Paris only to discover upon reaching home that the button would not close. Brought it down to Prada Singapore and they said this is the way the bag is made. The SA said to use sone candle wax. She promptly took a candle, started rubbing the button and viola! They actually snapped in place. But you have to do this every now and then.

Obviously, its a common issue! Why else would they keep candles in the store?:shrugs::shrugs::shrugs:

I used to be in love with Prada bags but now I am never going back. I went into the Prada 5th Ave store to exchange my Saffiano Lux Tote because there were several defects on the bag (bad stitching on the straps and tacky glue like substance around the gold hardware on the handles). After much waiting and major attitude from the manager named Diana, I manage to get a new bag. When I get home and inspect it further I realized there was a HUGE hole in the fabric lining! AND she made me sign the bag off as a final sale and now I can't even return or exchange it.

If you are planning to get a Saffiano or ANY prada bag do not go to the 5th AVE store. They are extremely rude and reluctant when you try to return a DEFECTIVE item. I would try to steer clear of any Prada things! Their lack of quality control is astounding

Attachments

• l.jpg
    l.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 478
  • o.jpg
    o.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 459
  • l (1).jpg
    l (1).jpg
    20 KB · Views: 460