Prada Saffiano tote quality

I just bought my prada bag on FEB this year at Paris,use less than 5times and now I found out the handle lining was come out...anyone know can it be repair or exchanged??im from Singapore...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 697
I used to be in love with Prada bags but now I am never going back. I went into the Prada 5th Ave store to exchange my Saffiano Lux Tote because there were several defects on the bag (bad stitching on the straps and tacky glue like substance around the gold hardware on the handles). After much waiting and major attitude from the manager named Diana, I manage to get a new bag. When I get home and inspect it further I realized there was a HUGE hole in the fabric lining! AND she made me sign the bag off as a final sale and now I can't even return or exchange it.

If you are planning to get a Saffiano or ANY prada bag do not go to the 5th AVE store. They are extremely rude and reluctant when you try to return a DEFECTIVE item. I would try to steer clear of any Prada things! Their lack of quality control is astounding

I totally agree! Prada after-sales service lies right at the bottom of the pit! Seems like whichever country you're in, their staff are in denial of their deteriorating quality and non-apologetic about it.

I totally agree! Prada after-sales service lies right at the bottom of the pit! Seems like whichever country you're in, their staff are in denial of their deteriorating quality and non-apologetic about it.

That's because they've made their commissions and beyond that, they really don't care about their customers. That's all Prada sees in customers these days: cash cows....

I'm sure there might (emphasis on might) be a few exceptions, however.

I'm so sad to continuously read about Prada's quality issues. I want so many of their bags, as I love how classy and polished they look. I'm so in love with the design, so I keep telling myself that the quality might not be that bad.. but it's hard to ignore so much evidence.

Another problem that I have is that I don't have a Prada store in my country (in EU) - do you girls know what happens if I buy it online or in Italy - if it's defective will they accept me sending the bag by post?

I'm so sad to continuously read about Prada's quality issues. I want so many of their bags, as I love how classy and polished they look. I'm so in love with the design, so I keep telling myself that the quality might not be that bad.. but it's hard to ignore so much evidence.

Another problem that I have is that I don't have a Prada store in my country (in EU) - do you girls know what happens if I buy it online or in Italy - if it's defective will they accept me sending the bag by post?

Speaking from my experience, I live in South Australia and we don't have one here. When my bag was defective (a few posts up), the Melbourne store would allow me to post it back but the Gold Coast store would not. So I would say some stores will allow you sending it by post and some will not. Posting costs are also at your expense as well =(

I had the same issue with my zips! I went back and was allowed an exchange. I had to look at 4 different bags before I found one that had both fully closing zips.
I have inspect quite a few BN2638 Saffiano Lux Tote, I noticed many new ones doesn't have their zippers fully zip until the end. If both of the zippers doesn't bite till the end, isit really consider as a defect??

Hi guys, what are your thoughts about this?

The first bag I got was all good except for like a little breakage of leather, torn of leather under stitching as shown in the first pic.

The I have it exchanged (2nd pic onwards) but it doesn't look good still, stitching is not so neat, handle stitching is rough and messy with a tiny scratch and a bit of peel off, sealant look rough too. What do you think? Should I go and exchange again?

Attachments

• 1435699845289.jpg
    1435699845289.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 431
  • 1435699946945.jpg
    1435699946945.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 422
  • 1435699980202.jpg
    1435699980202.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 421
  • 1435700044460.jpg
    1435700044460.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 429
  • 1435700060003.jpg
    1435700060003.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 414
  • 1435700074644.jpg
    1435700074644.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 415
  • 1435700099963.jpg
    1435700099963.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 422
Arghhhh but I really really want one. This thread is making me sad. Anyone want to accompany me to Bond St this weekend to show me the defects in person as I can't really tell from the photos. And also help me pick a new buy...

Depending on where you bought it, they might have you in their system. I bought mine at Neiman Marcus and they have excellent customer service. I also got one with zippers that did not zip all the way to the end. However, I exchanged it for one that was in excellent condition.