Prada Saffiano tote quality

Help, how many other Prada Saffiano double zip tote owners have experienced sagging and dents in the structure of the bag? (photos attached).

I got my bag in Argilla 1.5 years ago for Christmas. It was purchased at Saks. The back side of the bag has a horrible dent and it slouches when I put it down. I wanted this bag because of its boxy structure, which it did have in the beginning though after a year of moderate wear, (this was not my everyday workhorse bag though going-out bag), the leather has now become very soft and pliable. If I took to a Prada boutique, would they repair this somehow?

I LIKE the slouch personally! Makes it look broken in. Broken in bags are amazing. If you don't like it try and store it with some towels inside when you get home from now on:smile: But I love your bag!!! :love:

Not liking the waviness of the glazing on my BN1802 :tdown:

I see what you mean. You mean the handle glue. The way it curved down and out. Although it may bother you to look at, try and think of it like this: this bag is handmade. The guy or woman making it was in the zone making some art. At least now you'll know which one is yours should the awkward situation happen. I am easily bothered by things like this. I'm a Virgo and automatically annoyingly (even to myself) a perfectionist. I personally have begun to lower my expectations a bit with both LV, Chanel and Prada. See if you can think of it like that. I do agree with you. The glue on these bags.. I had the perfect one in my hands when It came to the handles, and zippers and shape. But the silk threads were coming out on the sides. So it was a no go. I'm trying again tomorrow to find a small lux Galleria. Good luck! ❤️ Here's some love for ya

I see what you mean. You mean the handle glue. The way it curved down and out. Although it may bother you to look at, try and think of it like this: this bag is handmade. The guy or woman making it was in the zone making some art. At least now you'll know which one is yours should the awkward situation happen. I am easily bothered by things like this. I'm a Virgo and automatically annoyingly (even to myself) a perfectionist. I personally have begun to lower my expectations a bit with both LV, Chanel and Prada. See if you can think of it like that. I do agree with you. The glue on these bags.. I had the perfect one in my hands when It came to the handles, and zippers and shape. But the silk threads were coming out on the sides. So it was a no go. I'm trying again tomorrow to find a small lux Galleria. Good luck! ❤️ Here's some love for ya
Thank you! It makes me sad to see not perfect handles on my Prada especially when I compare them to my LV handles or even Gucci. My Prada zippers don't completely bite at the end either. :sad: The overall beauty of the saf tote kind of makes up for it though.

Thank you! It makes me sad to see not perfect handles on my Prada especially when I compare them to my LV handles or even Gucci. My Prada zippers don't completely bite at the end either. :sad: The overall beauty of the saf tote kind of makes up for it though.

My zipper doesn't teeth all the way to end either (I got a single zip tote today) but I think it's because of the zipper Prada chooses to use.
I took some pictures of my assessment of the bag today. This is the best one I saw out of the 5 they had. None of the bags where perfect with tucked in seems on all four sides and stitching on the handle feet. Here are pics of the best I found. I am going to keep this and see how it goes. I have 30 days for a refund should something pop open.. Not after Prada's rules but after UK laws. Here are the pictures. One out of 4 are properly tucked in...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    530.2 KB · Views: 602
I've only owned Lv bags. Recently I saw a Prada bag that I fell in love with (cuir). I decided to research with the purse forum. I can't believe the amount of Threads reference on poor quality there are. I hope Prada sees all these comments and decide to fix their issues. I read an article about Prada increasing price to make themselves more exclusive. Seems to me like they need to work on quality control to gain customers. I'll have to hold off on spending 3k on a bag from Prada.

I've only owned Lv bags. Recently I saw a Prada bag that I fell in love with (cuir). I decided to research with the purse forum. I can't believe the amount of Threads reference on poor quality there are. I hope Prada sees all these comments and decide to fix their issues. I read an article about Prada increasing price to make themselves more exclusive. Seems to me like they need to work on quality control to gain customers. I'll have to hold off on spending 3k on a bag from Prada.

I have never owned a larger tote by prada, but I do have a much loved double zip cosmetic case which I have absolutely flogged as a daily mini bag and it looks as good as new. Over the time of using this bag I have come to appreciate the lower key prada aesthetic and I must say that the quality of this bag is impeccable, along with other slg items I use daily. I intend to buy more from prada.

I have never owned a larger tote by prada, but I do have a much loved double zip cosmetic case which I have absolutely flogged as a daily mini bag and it looks as good as new. Over the time of using this bag I have come to appreciate the lower key prada aesthetic and I must say that the quality of this bag is impeccable, along with other slg items I use daily. I intend to buy more from prada.

Honestly, after a lot of research and reflection, I do think the issue boil down to 2 categories. 1) the style/design and 2) the age. I believe older Prada bags are better made than newer and I believe the saffiano lux totes are so over manufactured that they tend to have the lesser quality because they are churning them out more quickly.

Honestly, after a lot of research and reflection, I do think the issue boil down to 2 categories. 1) the style/design and 2) the age. I believe older Prada bags are better made than newer and I believe the saffiano lux totes are so over manufactured that they tend to have the lesser quality because they are churning them out more quickly.
This is so true. I have found the more popular style, the worse the quality. It goes for LV too.