Prada CHAT Thread

I had a great time in my twenties, and love my thirties overall....but the twenties were SOO much fun. I lived in Georgetown most of my twenties, and we swear we are going to raise our kids back in DC....get me outta AZ....

^^i had a great time in my early 20s... now i'm overworked... lol! i used to hate that i look much younger than my age... but now i take that as a compliment :smile:.

you're one hot mama ryry!!! so what brought you to AZ?

^^ You are sweet....family at the time, and DH's job. However, I LOVE my job here, so it would be hard to pick up and move just yet. Will be definitely doing something in 5 years or so....or maybe sooner, but we have no open areas out there yet....

My first Prada was a black nylon east west bag from Tyson's Corner Neiman Marcus;) Where are you?

I'm definitely getting into Pradas late! Wow, Chic, 25 in september - how nice! I think at 25, I was into working & traveling and not designers at all.
My first Prada didn't come until last spring - a washed deerskin bauletto in talco. It still gets lots of attention!

^^ ssc and ryry - lol! my collection is certainly pale in comparison to yours :P! if all my bags are valued at its new condition/MSRP, i can buy a new car, but NOT a luxury car... :P. in some weird ways, it makes me feel better that you all are crazy about bags... :biggrin:

But at your age I didn't have one designer bag. I didn't even know what Prada was. It was way past 25 before I had my first designer item!!

^^LOL! it's all my mom's and aunts' fault! they introduced me to designers when i was very young.. :P i was more into monogram in my teens. my aunts and cousins were responsible for that. coach and LV were dominating my closet back then. i'm so overdosed on monogram now that i can't imagine myself buying one in the near future... :P

anyways, my first prada was a saffiano wallet from my mom (the old version with the triangle logo). i think i was 18 when i received it. it didn't get much used back then (as i was poisoned by the thought that if it is a designer item, may as well have a logo all over it to show it...)

the first prada that i purchased was a vitello daino tote. i got it when i was in grad school (21)... i thought it would be nice to have a more clean look when i was a TA and stuff... lol! it fit my 12-inch laptop with some room for notebooks, pouches, and a wallet...

now i'm pretty much addicted to prada...

Let's see in my twenties --smoking weed, hanging out w/ boys. Dreamed of living in Europe the rest of my life and moved there to go to school and almost gave my father a stroke!!! Purses were the last thing on my mind.

Awe..you are too nice Longchamp...and who hasn't smoked a doobey or two in their twenties?? I was a WILD woman too...and am thankful I finally settled down, but love the memories, and DH and I share quite a few of them, though I met him when I was 27.

Thanks for your Peekaboo thoughts....I also ordered the Portobello that SSC0619 got, and mine will be here on Monday, so maybe that will be it. I use my Gaufre but never put my laptop in it, and use the Vitello Daino, but sometimes I am unsure because it is such a light tan color....

Okay...so any thoughts would be great...otherwise, I am keeping my laptop in the laptop bag, and carrying another bag for files..

Anyone know if Joanna is working today? I emailed her in search of the bag I saw in Toronoto, but didn't hear back yet. It is closing in on my bedtime...

mk3.gif

Hey gals....posting my Chanel pics...give me your immediate and honest thoughts in the Chanel in action thread.

ryry - I see your more w/ the shroom than the Peekaboo even though it's a classy bag. I see you more w/ a camera bag though. ;)

LC - We are kindred spirits. Those were my EXACT thoughts (and actions) as well. ;)

I think we all can relate to the wild side "back in the day." I miss them sometimes. lol

S - Closing in on my bedtime too. UFC fight just ended so everyone is out of the house finally!