Prada Bags: Now Made in China for Italian Made Prices."

I am with Prada Psycho 100% !
I don't have anything against China or the people, I've seen a lot of stuff that was made in China and the quality, craftsmanship was INCREDIBLE. Even looking at some of the recent Juicy Couture purses,the brand that's being laughed at by so many, the stitching, the soft leather, the styles are great,they are made in china, and they are priced accordingly. JC doesn't charge its customer 2k , they charge 300 - 500 for some really nice purses.

It doesn't matter who was the first the second or the third ancient luxury exporter.
It's just that Italians are famous for their leather craftsmanship.
I have a high respect for the chinese people - they are hard working , productive, very intelligent, they are excellent business people.
and r15324, i've read all the posts in this thread , not a single person ever "attacked" chinese craftsmanship , they were only saying that the prices should have gone down a little bit since the brand is saving on the labor, and knowing chinese salaries, i must add that they save a lot. And I do know that the labor prices in China are going up , which is is great for the regular people, everyone deserves fair wages for great job.
But still they don't pay them as much as they do in Italy.

Lest I be misquote or misinterpreted any further, let's pretend that all the Made in China comments, tags, references, etc. in this thread actually say "Made in America." Guess what? I'm still furious with Prada. I don't my Italian Prada bag made in the United States either. None of my other concerns and comments would be any different.

Happy now?

Some of the LV purses are made in Usa, i don't like that either... I prefer the ones that are made in Italy or France.

Some of the LV purses are made in Usa, i don't like that either... I prefer the ones that are made in Italy or France.

Me, too. When I got my first Chanel, I made my SA bring me every single bag from the back in the style I was looking at until she found me one that was stamped Made in France (the others were made in Italy).

Same with my only LV. It too, it was Made in France.

All of this is to say, for me at least, that I'm buying the history of the company along with the handbag. That's why I was adamant that I did not want a Chanel bag that was made in Italy (or an LV made [wherever] ) Chanel is a French designer, as is Louis Vuitton, so I personally want them to be made in France.

Personally I think that the proliferation of "fake" designer bags manufactured in China is what upsets those of us that purchase "original" bags.

Cutting to the chase, how can anyone justify spending X amount of dollars for an item made in China, when you pay X-alot for a very good imitation ALSO made in China?

The issue is not whether artisans in China make great goods, because history shows that China has invented and manufactured some of the very best items (fireworks, porcelain, etc). The issue is that certain entities in China have undermined many industries (bags, watches, software, electronics) with fakes, and people who purchase original goods in those industries would prefer to purchase goods that are specifically NOT made in China in order to avoid questions of originality and pretention.

Get rid of the fakes, and the stigma of "made in China" will be put to rest in a generation or two in those industries.

i bought a prada BR4420 nylon from a seller from Italy recently.. bag is fine but there is a small tag that says "made in romania" inside the pocket lining with the white tag wit number.. is there such thing??

i bought a prada BR4420 nylon from a seller from Italy recently.. bag is fine but there is a small tag that says "made in romania" inside the pocket lining with the white tag wit number.. is there such thing??

Not having photos to look at to make sure it's authentic, I can definitely tell you that some of Prada's line is also made in Romania. I've seen them with my own eyes. I haven't actually seen one yet, but I understand some of the manufacturing is being done in Turkey as well. Miu Miu bags have been made in Turkey for several years now, so that wouldn't really surprise me.

Last edited:
Hi I just bought this prada classic saffiano calf leather tote BN1874 from ebay
But after I saw this post, I start to doubt if I bought a fake one :wacko:

Prada Psycho!! what do u think about this???

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&...&th=13011948f927c95e&attid=0.1&disp=inline&zw

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&...&th=130119426b1d4831&attid=0.1&disp=inline&zw

The links go to googlemail.

This is not the appropriate forum for this request. Post in the AT thread, using the correct links, for a reply on authentication.

I just purchased my first Prada today, the Saffiano Lux Executive Tote, but it never crossed my mind to ask the SA where it was made. I had just assumed that an authentic Prada bag would be made in Italy. Now that I found this forum, I am a bit concerned. I can't find any tags on the inside saying where it was made and I looked online at Neiman's where most bags made in Italy, say "Made in Italy," but it doesn't say so for the Saffiano Exec Tote! Can anyone confirm that it is made in Italy?!