** Post your non-Hermes indulgences here !! **

I am sorry if my question is in the wrong thread - please move this question to the right thread (thank you in advance). But can someone advise me if the saddle leather of the soft Margaux from The Row is similar to smooth Barenia? I went to The Row thread and couldn't find anything there (except for comparison with the Bolide). I partly curious and ok, ok, partly desperate for a smooth Barenia bag (digressing but I saw one lucky person managed to get a Barenia Birkin 25 in the US - I'm assuming this is a smooth Barenia). Now I have to apologize for this really first world problem question!
I don’t have a Margaux but I tried it in the store before. To me it’s different: the leather is much softer and thinner than Barenia. Feels more like Barenia Faubourg but in a smooth form (if that makes sense). Not sure if it’s due to the construction (Margaux is lined with fabric while Birkin is leather).

As a fellow Barenia wisher, may I ask if you have seen this thread? I am not affiliated with Lili and am waiting for her bag myself. I decided to go to her instead of buying from the Row as I feel I can experience smooth Barenia better with her bag than the Row. HTH.

I don’t have a Margaux but I tried it in the store before. To me it’s different: the leather is much softer and thinner than Barenia. Feels more like Barenia Faubourg but in a smooth form (if that makes sense). Not sure if it’s due to the construction (Margaux is lined with fabric while Birkin is leather).

As a fellow Barenia wisher, may I ask if you have seen this thread? I am not affiliated with Lili and am waiting for her bag myself. I decided to go to her instead of buying from the Row as I feel I can experience smooth Barenia better with her bag than the Row. HTH.
Goodness me! You are such an enabler, and I meant that in a good and naughty way! Thank you for this - much appreciated! Will keep you all posted - possibly in that thread! Thanks again!

• Thanks
Reactions: Helventara
Chanel Comete ring. Purchased before the increase. Had no idea the quality is so outstanding. Will definitely be adding more items from them going forward. I’d had my eye on this ring for some years but was distracted by other things, mainly H. This purchase made me realize that while H makes some nice jewelries there are other styles that fit my style better. (And I usually don’t wear this much jewelry together but I was trying to compare the sparkle on the various brands and boy does the Comete ring sparkle!!)

Attachments

• IMG_0759.jpeg
    IMG_0759.jpeg
    163.7 KB · Views: 141
Chanel Comete ring. Purchased before the increase. Had no idea the quality is so outstanding. Will definitely be adding more items from them going forward. I’d had my eye on this ring for some years but was distracted by other things, mainly H. This purchase made me realize that while H makes some nice jewelries there are other styles that fit my style better. (And I usually don’t wear this much jewelry together but I was trying to compare the sparkle on the various brands and boy does the Comete ring sparkle!!)
Its beautiful!
And I must add you have beautiful hands!
Long fingers made to wear beautiful rings :smile:

I went to Kashmir recently and bought this cashmere shawl. While I love H and I know they do gorgeous shawls, I feel loyal to buying from the artists here. This one is hand embroidered and it takes at least a month for the artisans to sew. I love the craftsmanship of this country--it's really cool to see so many fashion houses do collabs with India (Dior being the latest).

Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 8.20.43 PM.png