Post your fur items!

That's slightly more worrying to me. Only some Barguzin Sable are silver tipped. A silver tipped Liska Barguzin jacket I was interested in was available to me at discounted £19K ($26.5K) originally £32K.

This person seems to using the lingo an the patter but personally that really would be too good to be true.

At an antique fair a man offered me some 'Kutchinsky 18 carat' earrings for £350. I thought the price was amazing. I got my magnifying loop out and I complained I couldn't find either the gold hallmark or the maker's mark. He said that it had come with a pendant that he'd sold before which must have been the piece marked la la la. I was gone. Every gold piece has to be marked by law and Kutchinsky pieces are all marked. If he'd just said he the earrings were in the typical style of Kutchinsky in their heyday and test as 18 carat I might have taken a chance.

You’re right because the listing even states it’s canadian sable and from what I understand the silver is associated with Russian sable right?

Hmmm that is troubling. The listing does indeed say it Canadian sable. What do you make of the dark lines in the third picture of the listing?

Hmmm that is troubling. The listing does indeed say it Canadian sable. What do you make of the dark lines in the third picture of the listing?
09EF216F-00C1-4212-BFEB-A33A80080B13.jpeg
You already know what I think, but the choice is yours. Your money will be buying it, and you will be wearing it. If this is what you mean, it just looks like some areas of the fur is more worn so it’s lighter than others.
50FEFC17-F06B-4BAB-A470-473DAFC9E74F.jpeg 3EC2C19B-F162-4D04-8E79-BC49D305512E.jpeg This is sable...

View attachment 3981399
You already know what I think, but the choice is yours. Your money will be buying it, and you will be wearing it. If this is what you mean, it just looks like some areas of the fur is more worn so it’s lighter than others.
View attachment 3981404 View attachment 3981405 This is sable...

Thanks! I totally see the difference now. This is why I consulted the experts here. I’ll probably pass - you ladies have shown me I can get a brand new coat for the same or less.

Thanks! I totally see the difference now. This is why I consulted the experts here. I’ll probably pass - you ladies have shown me I can get a brand new coat for the same or less.
I’m by no means an expert, but I’m definitely glad to help where I can. I find that many here are quite knowledgeable and others of us are learning together ;)
I like getting more bang for my buck so I personally, wouldn’t start with a $300 vest when I could get a full length coat for only a hundred more. Now that my collection has several full lengths and a couple stoles my next conquest may be a stroller of some kind to round out the collection but I’m not sure because I think I prefer full length.

I’m by no means an expert, but I’m definitely glad to help where I can. I find that many here are quite knowledgeable and others of us are learning together ;)
I like getting more bang for my buck so I personally, wouldn’t start with a $300 vest when I could get a full length coat for only a hundred more. Now that my collection has several full lengths and a couple stoles my next conquest may be a stroller of some kind to round out the collection but I’m not sure because I think I prefer full length.

I would love to start with a nice knee length sheared dark mink! Do you find you wear your furs on a day to day basis or more for dressier occasions? I need to find some time to go back in this thread for inspiration!

I would love to start with a nice knee length sheared dark mink! Do you find you wear your furs on a day to day basis or more for dressier occasions? I need to find some time to go back in this thread for inspiration!
I generally am somewhat dressy even when dressing down. I personally find that my coat goes with anything from dresses to jeans. Mine is actually considered a 7/8’s coat as a true full length goes to your feet, I don’t like the ones that go to my feet.

It's beautiful!! I really like how it's cut!!
I love the cut too!!!

Well, too late for me, but based on the story with the bugs I did check mine carefully for little critters!
Eeew. Wouldn't they be obviously visible, or would you really have to 'dig' to see them?! Yikes.

Getting ready for the warmer weather but not ready to part with fur yet! I bought this one last night, Chloe opossum short sleeve jacket

View attachment 3984362
I love this! But when would you wear it? With long sleeves? I have a few vests that I keep taking off, since I end up being too cold/hot...

I love the cut too!!!

Eeew. Wouldn't they be obviously visible, or would you really have to 'dig' to see them?! Yikes.

I love this! But when would you wear it? With long sleeves? I have a few vests that I keep taking off, since I end up being too cold/hot...
I own a rabbit fur jacket similar to this on its cut. I wear it when 'dressed up'. I love to wear it with a black dress (my fur is black). It's from Joseph, it's 8 yeats old and in perfect condition - I love wearing it. This one I guess could be worn with gloves to create more drama and to keep your arms warmer?

Reactions: KittieKelly
I love the cut too!!!

Bugs you have to look for, like really look for. You will see tell tail signs, like twirled areas of fur, clean cut breaks in the fur, clumps of fur falling out, bald spots etc. Areas that get attacked are usually well hidden, typically on the bottom edges near the hem is a common spot, or under the collar.
You need to thoroughly go over the fur. I have been known to use a magnifying glass.

Short sleeve furs I wear just as I would a short sleeve sweater. Either sleeveless underneath or a shorter sleeved dress or top, and save it for the warmer weather.
I wear them at around 75 degrees F, temps under 78 I still feel chilly so I need something lol