Post your fur items!

I think sizes have become more generous since the 1960s (fashion marketing calls it 'vanity sizing')

It's certainly an amazing price if it's correctly described. And ask directly before you buy if they are sure this sable and not sable coloured mink.

Look over it very carefully outside the second you receive it. Shake it and stroke it to see if any hairs fall out etc, no pre-loved furs should even come in through the door unless thoroughly checked over first.
Oops mine came through the door:amazed: Could you provide more info on what we should be careful of. Someone mentioned some kind of bug. Gosh I've just creeped myself out.

Oops mine came through the door:amazed: Could you provide more info on what we should be careful of. Someone mentioned some kind of bug. Gosh I've just creeped myself out.

Where a history is not know and that includes storage it's better to open and check it outside so anything falling doesn't stay in your house. If it's fine and you want to keep it put it in the freezer for 4 days (the vest won't mind one bit). Just a precaution with all pre-loved furs and even knitwear.

Thanks LV. You inspired me.
Awww thank you, I remember! Well it looks great on you!
Did everything work out with the whole vat thing? I just noticed on my most recent coat it was listed for $100 even though I paid $440 Ish. Luckily, I haven’t had to pay any extra fees so far with anything coming from canada thankfully!
I must add that I love a nice dark mink, and yours looks like it has a great sheen and cut!

Last edited:
Where a history is not know and that includes storage it's better to open and check it outside so anything falling doesn't stay in your house. If it's fine and you want to keep it put it in the freezer for 4 days (the vest won't mind one bit). Just a precaution with all pre-loved furs and even knitwear.
Well, too late for me, but based on the story with the bugs I did check mine carefully for little critters!

Reactions: papertiger
You should be fine from her, it looks like she seeks out excellent quality and well stored furs. I’m on my 4th from her and at this point I don’t even worry that the coat won’t be gorgeous!

Reactions: pianolize
What do you ladies think of this vintage sable fur vest? I’m considering buying it and think I could get the seller to come down to $350-400. Listing says it’s from 1965, so are there concerns I should have purchasing a fur garment this age? Is this even a fair price for vintage sable? The seller says it is a size 6 and I am typically a US 2 in outerwear, but this looks kind of small to me? I’ve shared some pictures from the listing! Not sure if this is the best thread to post it, but all you ladies are SO knowledgeable on fur. View attachment 3976844View attachment 3976845View attachment 3976846View attachment 3976847View attachment 3976848View attachment 3976849View attachment 3976850View attachment 3976851
I'm no sable expert, but This looks like mink fur to me. If that is the case, this vest is overpriced. You may want to discuss with the seller to be certain. I'm looking at the pics on my phone so it's hard to tell, but it appears to be negligible, if any balding of fur on the edges, which is great! Based on the measurements provided, a size 6 is accurate. I think fur garments should be roomy, so it's probably a good size for you.

Awww thank you, I remember! Well it looks great on you!
Did everything work out with the whole vat thing? I just noticed on my most recent coat it was listed for $100 even though I paid $440 Ish. Luckily, I haven’t had to pay any extra fees so far with anything coming from canada thankfully!
I must add that I love a nice dark mink, and yours looks like it has a great sheen and cut!
Yes the package arrived quickly and everything was ok.

Reactions: NLVOEWITHLV