Post your fur items!

Gosh, being a fur lover since childhood, I've developed quite a collection between my wife and me. My wife (2nd) came into our marriage with a custom F/L Black GLAMA mink coat, a custom white fox jacket and tan sheared beaver jacket. I finally bought myself the first dream since a kid, a raccoon coat, when I was like 54 years old! Since then many raccoon coats were bought and sold. To my best recollection, the accumulation now contains an Argentine silver fox stroller, a dark long sheared beaver coat, a long crystal fox coat, a F/L red fox coat, a F/L mahogany dyed mink coat, a man's custom golden raccoon stroller, 2 black fox strollers, a Canadian Lynx stroller, a F/L white fox coat, a man's F/L fisher coat, a black sheared woman's' jacket, a black mink stroller, a man's pieced black fox jacket, and a man's mink/leather reversible jacket. I think that's it, aside from several faux fur coats and jackets. Needless to say these are taking up way too much space here in Southern Callifornia and I need to sell most to those who would actually wear them.. So hard to give up what are each my "babies".. such a history for each.

In praise of rabbit... :heart:

More than 15 years ago I picked up this ankle length Sheri Bodell raw edge rabbit fur coat - fur inside, and slightly distressed (by design) skin outside. It's without at doubt the softest and coziest fur I own... silky and light as a feather! I wear it with a rabbit fur ushanka and some badass black boots and I swear, it gets more compliments from strangers than any of my other furs. Perfect for our coastal Nor Cal winter weather (50s -60s). I wore it yesterday!

Thanks to @Efenig91 for reminding me to share this!

View attachment 5682663

View attachment 5682664
That looks great. I've always been a fur advocate, so in 1968 in my senior year in college, I convinced my fiancee that she needed a rabbit coat. It was just the fad back then and all the girls were buying them. So we went to MayCo in Los Angeles and purchased a full length black rabbit coat. It looked amazing on her and we couldn't find enough places to go for her to wear it. Several years later we had it shortened to a more wearable stroller length, and took the cut-off fur to make a matching hat. Such a great outfit back then in the Southern California winters!

Reactions: chicklety
That looks great. I've always been a fur advocate, so in 1968 in my senior year in college, I convinced my fiancee that she needed a rabbit coat. It was just the fad back then and all the girls were buying them. So we went to MayCo in Los Angeles and purchased a full length black rabbit coat. It looked amazing on her and we couldn't find enough places to go for her to wear it. Several years later we had it shortened to a more wearable stroller length, and took the cut-off fur to make a matching hat. Such a great outfit back then in the Southern California winters!
Would love to see photos of both versions of that coat!

Reactions: cdtracing