Polène handbags

Update on this: Polene says they cannot do anything because it’s been 15 days past delivery (it was 22 days when I wrote them) AND I wore the belt? Doesn’t seem like they stand by their product, or at least their belts… just be wary when buying the Umi Belts!

If the item is defective it shouldn't matter if its already past the 15 days. I dont undertsand their response, its not "normal" return if the item is defective and brakes in normal use after 15 days. You should demand a new belt!

Update on this: Polene says they cannot do anything because it’s been 15 days past delivery (it was 22 days when I wrote them) AND I wore the belt? Doesn’t seem like they stand by their product, or at least their belts… just be wary when buying the Umi Belts!
Yeah, this does not speak well of their customer service.
It's strange because I actually had a great experience with them.

I contacted them after I received my Un Nano in chalk, because one of the leather strap loops looked like it was coming undone. They were very nice and prompt and actually sent me replacement leather loops at no additional cost.
I never actually used them because I could never get the metal bullet and strap to fit past the metal loop (they insisted that I had to apply force but I didn't want to ruin the bag so I stopped trying), so I haven't been able to remove the strap at all. Luckily, the leather loop has held up and this bag is one of my most used bags right now.

I would definitely suggest sending them a new inquiry to see if a different agent offers a better solution.

Thank you for the affirmation that Camel in Neuf is great. Hahaha. Yes I love the Taupe! But I already have the Un Nano in Taupe and Dix in Black so I wanted to try other colours :smile: but now I think the beige might be bit similar to my Celine luggage in Dune..

View attachment 5411653
That Celine bag is so gorgeous. Stunning. That is the color I think about when I think of a Dune. So dune color is supposed to be a sandy color. Polene's dune however, is more of a warm pink rose, but also seems to be gorgeous.

(ETA: on mobile, can’t figure out how to quote posts :facepalm:)

So I did tell them how ridiculous it was they can’t do anything about it considering it’s been 22 days.Now they’re focusing on the fact I wore the belt? Like, yeah? Belts are meant to be worn?

This whole belt thing has been a headache. They actually sent me the wrong belt originally and it took 2 weeks to agree on an exchange for the belt I purchased. And now I get the new belt and it’s broken.:wtf:

I’m upset. I really do love their bags. I even planned on getting another nano but with their customer service not wanting to cooperate on a simple fix for a defective item… I don’t think I’m going to shop with them again. :sad:

(ETA: on mobile, can’t figure out how to quote posts :facepalm:)

So I did tell them how ridiculous it was they can’t do anything about it considering it’s been 22 days.Now they’re focusing on the fact I wore the belt? Like, yeah? Belts are meant to be worn?

This whole belt thing has been a headache. They actually sent me the wrong belt originally and it took 2 weeks to agree on an exchange for the belt I purchased. And now I get the new belt and it’s broken.:wtf:

I’m upset. I really do love their bags. I even planned on getting another nano but with their customer service not wanting to cooperate on a simple fix for a defective item… I don’t think I’m going to shop with them again. :sad:

I am so sorry you are having this experience. There are many things that can be easy to love about Polene, but it’s true that their customer service has been very hit-or-miss from what I can tell.

I don’t know if this will help, but you could try sending them another note explaining that you wore the belt because you love it, and their brand, and as a luxury consumer, expect a brand to stand behind their products’ usage, especially within the first few months. You could also add what is typical policy with many brands of their type, especially if you do a little research and find examples of brands that would absolutely replace an item that proved defective. For example, I recently took a bag to Louis Vuitton where the zipper had broken about about 5 uses. It was close to a year after I purchased the bag, and they still, in the end, accepted the bag as defective and provided me an exchange.

Good luck, whatever you decide.

I am so sorry you are having this experience. There are many things that can be easy to love about Polene, but it’s true that their customer service has been very hit-or-miss from what I can tell.

I don’t know if this will help, but you could try sending them another note explaining that you wore the belt because you love it, and their brand, and as a luxury consumer, expect a brand to stand behind their products’ usage, especially within the first few months. You could also add what is typical policy with many brands of their type, especially if you do a little research and find examples of brands that would absolutely replace an item that proved defective. For example, I recently took a bag to Louis Vuitton where the zipper had broken about about 5 uses. It was close to a year after I purchased the bag, and they still, in the end, accepted the bag as defective and provided me an exchange.

Good luck, whatever you decide.
Thank you :heart: I did allude to that in the email I just sent. I also did mention that I do love their brand and bought the belt to match with my un nano bag because I think their items elevate any outfit. Hoping we can come to a resolution soon.

I ordered my first polene bags, the trio camel nano un and the mini neuf in glacier. Then nano un was okay, allthough it leans forward a little, dont know if that is typical for the model. And the mini neuf is gorgeous but three out of four corners has something that looks like corner wear. Its not too bad but I dont think they should look that way as it supposed to be brand new. I contacted Polene right away and I'm still waiting after 5 days for a response :shocked:

I ordered my first polene bags, the trio camel nano un and the mini neuf in glacier. Then nano un was okay, allthough it leans forward a little, dont know if that is typical for the model. And the mini neuf is gorgeous but three out of four corners has something that looks like corner wear. Its not too bad but I dont think they should look that way as it supposed to be brand new. I contacted Polene right away and I'm still waiting after 5 days for a response :shocked:

Did you try messaging them on IG? I found they respond quicker on social media. :smile:

Reactions: Milsaar
Thank you :heart: I did allude to that in the email I just sent. I also did mention that I do love their brand and bought the belt to match with my un nano bag because I think their items elevate any outfit. Hoping we can come to a resolution soon.
Wow, just wow. I would not want ro support a brand that cannot stand by their products. I had thought about buying more of their bags but after reading your posts, I am done too. This is absolutely ridiculous.

Hope the next email will be sent to a more understanding agent. Good luck! Hope it is resolved soon.

Last edited: