Polène handbags

Hey everyone, I'm thinking of getting the Numero Huit but can't decide whether to get the regular or mini size. For those of you that own one, do you have any suggestions/tips?

I just ordered the Numero Huit in the regular size (yesterday!), and I'm impatiently awaiting my shipment notification.

For me, I made the decision to do the regular size based off 3 things -- (1) I'm 5'9" and 170 lbs., but I'm wary of mini bags because I don't want to look clownish with a too small bag on my arm; (2) the Minks4All YouTube review of the regular/mini Huit bags and how the regular one just seemed more appealing to me based off her video; and (3) I'd rather have a little more space than not be able to get my phone or something in it. :smile:

I agree with the above. I saw Minks' YouTube review of the Numero Huit in both sizes and the mini seems too small. The shape already makes it difficult to get your hand in and out but the mini version has such a tiny opening, I know it would be inconvenient. I also looked at a lot of size comparison pics/Minks' mod shots and the mini just looks too small. The bigger size is still quite small (in a good way) in my opinion, and I like small bags/am 5'2. So yeah, definitely think the design is best showcased in the "bigger" size.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the numero un nano in the burgundy as to whether to get the textured leather or the smooth?
I’m leaning towards the smooth leather but I wanted to see if anyone has experience with the quality of both before I decide.

I have the numero un nano in burgundy, smooth leather and she's beautiful! I looked at the grained leather but to me it didn't look as nice in this design. It's great on bigger bags but in this nano style smooth looks better. I'm happy with mine ☺️

Reactions: JenJBS
IMG_20210210_122642.jpg
IMG_20210210_122841.jpg
Here are pics of the Numero Un Nano in burgundy. Just received on Monday - shipping to Australia was way faster than I expected. Depending on the lighting the colour really differs, as you can see. In shady areas it's more oxblood.

Haven't worn her yet but plan to wear her to work tomorrow as my second bag along with my backpack. I got this bag mainly for going out on weekends/after work because it's so lightweight and easy to wear, and fits everything I need to step out of the house. The regular size is gorgeous and so luxe looking with the suede flap, but unfortunately too big for my frame/needs. Currently lusting after the Numero Un Mini in terracotta even though I don't need it

View attachment 4985516
View attachment 4985517
Here are pics of the Numero Un Nano in burgundy. Just received on Monday - shipping to Australia was way faster than I expected. Depending on the lighting the colour really differs, as you can see. In shady areas it's more oxblood.

Haven't worn her yet but plan to wear her to work tomorrow as my second bag along with my backpack. I got this bag mainly for going out on weekends/after work because it's so lightweight and easy to wear, and fits everything I need to step out of the house. The regular size is gorgeous and so luxe looking with the suede flap, but unfortunately too big for my frame/needs. Currently lusting after the Numero Un Mini in terracotta even though I don't need it

Gorgeous color!

Reactions: WildRose89
Does anyone have any suggestions on the numero un nano in the burgundy as to whether to get the textured leather or the smooth?
I’m leaning towards the smooth leather but I wanted to see if anyone has experience with the quality of both before I decide.
Hi!
I've got the Polene nano in burgundy in the texture leather. I can post you pictures later, if you like as I'm not at home right now. I'm very satisfied with the quality. However, if I were to buy the same bag right now, I'd opt for the smooth leather because the textured leather is too dark IMHO, while the smooth leather is a bit lighter and brighter.
HTH

Manuela

View attachment 4985516
View attachment 4985517

Oooooh it's so beautiful! I just noticed that the smooth leather was back in stock today so I am so tempted to place my order today!

Has anyone from Canada ordered from Polene recently? I am curious about duty fees!

Reactions: JenJBS
Hi!
I've got the Polene nano in burgundy in the texture leather. I can post you pictures later, if you like as I'm not at home right now. I'm very satisfied with the quality. However, if I were to buy the same bag right now, I'd opt for the smooth leather because the textured leather is too dark IMHO, while the smooth leather is a bit lighter and brighter.
HTH

Manuela

I would love to see it in the textured leather if you are able to post photos! :smile:
Good to know about the colours, I think that's why I'm leaning towards the smooth leather in the burgundy because it does look a bit lighter!

Hi!
HTH

Manuela

Yes I noticed this as well. The photos on the Polene site show the textured leather nano looking a lot darker than the smooth leather. In reality I think it might be a bit darker but not as much of a discrepancy as on the website. After all, this bag looks so different depending on the lighting. Would love to see your bag!

Hi guys contemplating between numero 9 in chalk or numero 7 in white?

help me decide:smile:

wanted the numero 1 nano as well at first but thought maybe a unique structure would be nicer

I like the look of the Numero 7 in white but that's just my opinion. It depends what you're using it for because these 2 bags are complete opposites, haha. Also it looks like the white Numero 9 is currently sold out :sad: Hopefully they re-stock soon...

Reactions: Zoeyprincess
Used my burgundy smooth nano at work for the first time. I found it functional and amazingly lightweight. One thing I wish was that the clasp was different. Idk how to explain it in words but I don't like how you have to clip it upwards, rather than clipping downwards like every other bag. It's not hard to close, I guess I'm just not used to it! It takes a few seconds and can be done with one hand but I usually use two. Also by the end of the day I ended up unclipping the inner part of the bag because when it's clipped up it just becomes a black hole where you can't find your keys lol

This is actually the only bag I own in such smooth leather and I'm a little worried because I have long nails and my stuff tends to get knocked around a bit due to work/commuting. Yesterday my bag and I took a ferry, walked around a lot, sat in the grass at lunch, took a train... I promise this is the last time I'll post pics (until I get another Polene bag :angel:) but I couldn't resist:

Morning light on the ferry

IMG_20210211_082906.jpg
Mod shot (worn crossbody over work backpack, adjusted to middle strap length). I'm 5'2 for reference.
IMG_20210211_182539~2.jpg