Polène handbags

WildRose89

May 8, 2013
Oh wow it really is different in the grained leather! Darker and more brown-toned. So the website pics actually are accurate in how they depict the colour of burgundy smooth vs grained.

Reactions: calamitymanu

MsKaren

Jan 8, 2016
England
Hey, I’ve been eyeing the Numero Un Nano but have been struggling to decide between black and nude, mainly because I couldn’t really be sure what colour the nude actually is. I’ve had this email from Polene this afternoon that makes it appear to me that the nude and pink are actually almost identical, can anyone confirm if this is true? I have read through the thread and have seen someone say that the nude has pink undertones but I just wonder if it’s still more of a pink or more of a nude?

Attachments

Sparkletastic

Jun 18, 2012
Qo'noS
View attachment 4793361

Ok so... I first saw this bag in camel and was pretty set on that color and then I saw the black and now I can't decide. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I don't have a camel bag or any "brown" bags so this bag in camel really caught my eye. I do have bag in the color sand by Want Les Essentiels, the Maxi Valencia satchel which is my go to bag when I need a bag that isn't black. I am not sure which color to choose now and both is not an option... any advice?
OMG! I love the Huit! The colors you picked are gorgeous. Do you tend to wear more earth tones - get the camel. More cool or jewel colors - get the black.
She is here! Today I received my new numero huit mini in nude. It definitely has a lot of blush pink undertones. I think the most accurate color is in the picture next to my numero un mini and nano.

For mod shot reference, I am 5'2" and 130 lbs. The strap is on the middle setting. I am glad I went with the mini because I think the full size would stick out too far crossbody for my comfort. That's why my Neo Noe is a shoulder bag only for me (plus the too long strap).

It is fairly easy to get into, at least as easy as any other bucket bag. I will say I believe it has slightly less capacity than my nano because of the shape. So far, I tossed in a mini pochette, small zip wallet, cles, phone and card case with no problem. I can do more on what fits if people are interested after the kids go to bed.

View attachment 4795638 View attachment 4795639 View attachment 4795640 View attachment 4795641 View attachment 4795642
Sooooo pretty!!!
Sure, here you go. It's hard to photograph the interior due to the opening. This is what I will likely regularly carry in it, plus the phone I took the picture with. While a small wallet did fit, it felt overstuffed and harder to get things out. I would definitely say the color is a neutral but does read more as a blush nudey pink to me than a true beige. It reminds me of ballet slippers. There are no interior pockets, just one open compartment lined with suede and stamped "Polene" and "Made in Spain" in the center.

View attachment 4796099 View attachment 4796100
Would this fit sunglasses in a soft case?
View attachment 4797585
My numero huit in grey is here! This is the regular size. I actually like the mini size as well but I wanted it to be more practical for everyday use.

The colour is TO DIE for. I think it’s more beautiful in real life than on the photos online. It’s a beige/grey/oyster colour- kind of non descript neutral that would go with everything.

I haven’t been wearing bags aside from fanny packs lately with quarantine and all but I’m really looking forward to taking this one out!
Wowsers. That is a gorgeous color!

WildRose89

May 8, 2013
Hey, I’ve been eyeing the Numero Un Nano but have been struggling to decide between black and nude, mainly because I couldn’t really be sure what colour the nude actually is. I’ve had this email from Polene this afternoon that makes it appear to me that the nude and pink are actually almost identical, can anyone confirm if this is true? I have read through the thread and have seen someone say that the nude has pink undertones but I just wonder if it’s still more of a pink or more of a nude?
There's a video by a YouTuber called Classic Claudine showing her nude nano and on the screen it looked like a true nude to me, but in the video she says it's exactly like the pictures on the website. Your best hope is trying to find people re-selling the nude nano second hand, so they have their own pics in different lighting.

Reactions: Sparkletastic

MsKaren

Jan 8, 2016
England
There's a video by a YouTuber called Classic Claudine showing her nude nano and on the screen it looked like a true nude to me, but in the video she says it's exactly like the pictures on the website. Your best hope is trying to find people re-selling the nude nano second hand, so they have their own pics in different lighting.
Thank you, I have watched some YouTube videos so will check it I have seen that one or not, have been scrolling through all the Instagram posts too but it is so hard to tell on the screen sometimes. Thank you for the suggestion x

Reactions: WildRose89

brevebelle

Jan 26, 2021
I just wanted to come back and share some photos. I ordered the full size Numero Huit in the nude color, and it arrived today! My initial impressions are good. The unboxing was very nice, and the bag itself is gorgeous. I really wanted a soft, delicate shaded bucket bag to pair with some of my Lilly Pulitzer collection when I wear those things in the spring/summer. So far, I'm in love and I think it's perfect! Inside with some ambient lighting, the color is more of a neutral beige, but the natural light coming in through my windows makes the bag look lighter.

BAE2D628-9C7C-4FA8-8F87-8129D05791B5.JPG
7EBBB92F-09EE-414C-940F-460604097C76.JPG
94E65B0E-7421-4DCB-B896-88A350FDCEB2.JPG
32768E58-72F5-43E0-AEAA-D6892B49DF20.JPG
6A56ED8F-85C4-4DE9-B40B-A243B55589C8.JPG

WildRose89

May 8, 2013
Stunning!!!! I've been looking at this one too, debating between this colour or black in full size. How do you find the opening? Is it easy to get things in and out? I find my Polene bag is like a black hole unless I undo the snaps haha

brevebelle

Jan 26, 2021
Stunning!!!! I've been looking at this one too, debating between this colour or black in full size. How do you find the opening? Is it easy to get things in and out? I find my Polene bag is like a black hole unless I undo the snaps haha
Right now, it's really stiff opening and closing it, but I'm hopeful that it'll loosen up a little as I start using it. I'm going to play around with it this week and see what I can fit in it comfortably and see how it feels, weight-wise, with my daily necessities in it. :smile:

Reactions: WildRose89

nataliep7

Dec 25, 2020
Hi all, just ordered my first bag from Polene yesterday. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up to double check the address on the DHL waybill, as Polene omitted the second half of my address and did not provide DHL with my full address. Thankfully, DHL was very helpful and was able to assist with correcting the address on the waybill, but I thought it would be helpful for everyone to take note of this potential issue to avoid any unsuccessful deliveries.

MsKaren

Jan 8, 2016
England
I’ve just noticed they’ve added I think 3 new colours to the Numero Un Nano, not sure if they have added new colours to any of their other bags as it’s just the nano I’ve been eyeing. The lilac looks lovely.

WildRose89

May 8, 2013
I’ve just noticed they’ve added I think 3 new colours to the Numero Un Nano, not sure if they have added new colours to any of their other bags as it’s just the nano I’ve been eyeing. The lilac looks lovely.
Omg!!! Polene why are you doing this to us?! How will I resist lilac??? :doh: And it's in the textured leather too! I find you have to baby the smooth leather but if I had a lilac in grained leather... Such a perfect spring bag for a purple lover.