Polène handbags

I just picked up the Numero Huit Mini in nude to join my little Polene family. Will post photos when it arrives! Numero Sept is next on my list when I decide on a color. Torn between blue and burgundy to round out my collection, or tried and true black.
Yes please post lots of photos! I'm super interested to see what this nude color looks like in natural light.

I have two Polene bags already the Deux in black and the Uno the black croc color way. I just saw the new bucket bag in camel (regular sized) and I am obsessed. I don't have a bag this color nor have I ever owned a bucket bag. I've never seen one I liked until now. I would love to see irl pics before I make the purchase. Anyone who has purchased this bag please post pics.

Reactions: MahoganyQT
The Numero Un Mini now comes as a backpack! I'm so excited for this. I always thought the shape was more fitting as a backpack than a crossbody. You can still wear this version as a crossbody, or as a shoulder bag with the straps doubled.

View attachment 4792242View attachment 4792244

View attachment 4792248
FINALLY! This might just be my Polene bag! I can't stand chain straps, and it seems like there were some changes in leather choice in the nano vs regular and mini. The price point for this option with a leather strap suggests it should be in their amazing full grain leather, I hope!

20200719_073947.jpg

Ok so... I first saw this bag in camel and was pretty set on that color and then I saw the black and now I can't decide. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I don't have a camel bag or any "brown" bags so this bag in camel really caught my eye. I do have bag in the color sand by Want Les Essentiels, the Maxi Valencia satchel which is my go to bag when I need a bag that isn't black. I am not sure which color to choose now and both is not an option... any advice?

I have the numero uno mini in grey and I adore it! I really like the chain and metal hardware. But now I’m seeing the backpack and it looks so cute and practical for travel. I wish it did come with gold hardware because then I can simply replace my uno mini with the backpack...it probably is unnecessary to own two bags in the same style...the dimensions are even the same!

if anyone buys the backpack, would love to understand how comfortable the straps are after wearing it all day!

Reactions: Norma Jeane Monroe
I have the numero uno mini in grey and I adore it! I really like the chain and metal hardware. But now I’m seeing the backpack and it looks so cute and practical for travel. I wish it did come with gold hardware because then I can simply replace my uno mini with the backpack...it probably is unnecessary to own two bags in the same style...the dimensions are even the same!

if anyone buys the backpack, would love to understand how comfortable the straps are after wearing it all day!
I think the feet are still gold so technically gold hardware? I wish the front clasp was still gold though, it does look very cute with grey.

Reactions: kombucha
View attachment 4793361

Ok so... I first saw this bag in camel and was pretty set on that color and then I saw the black and now I can't decide. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I don't have a camel bag or any "brown" bags so this bag in camel really caught my eye. I do have bag in the color sand by Want Les Essentiels, the Maxi Valencia satchel which is my go to bag when I need a bag that isn't black. I am not sure which color to choose now and both is not an option... any advice?
I wanted the Camel initially but the contrast stitching threw me off. Polene is a minimalist, modern brand and I didn't like the contrast stitching at all, which happens to appear on most of their "camel" bags.

Pricing on Polene Handbags + duties costs (€ vs. USD)

I just bought my second Polene bag on their European page because someone here mentioned the conversion was cheaper. I live in Canada.

Not only was the price cheaper because of conversion, but my duties cost way less! Might be a fluke, but maybe not.
  • No 8 - listed for 290 €, paid $493.65 CAD after conversion, charged $77 CAD for duties = ~$571 CAD
  • No 7 - listed for $390 USD = $525 CAD currently, charged $144 CAD for duties = ~$669 CAD
Meanwhile, the No 8 is only $40 USD more expensive than the No 7 style I bought previously!

She is here! Today I received my new numero huit mini in nude. It definitely has a lot of blush pink undertones. I think the most accurate color is in the picture next to my numero un mini and nano.

For mod shot reference, I am 5'2" and 130 lbs. The strap is on the middle setting. I am glad I went with the mini because I think the full size would stick out too far crossbody for my comfort. That's why my Neo Noe is a shoulder bag only for me (plus the too long strap).

It is fairly easy to get into, at least as easy as any other bucket bag. I will say I believe it has slightly less capacity than my nano because of the shape. So far, I tossed in a mini pochette, small zip wallet, cles, phone and card case with no problem. I can do more on what fits if people are interested after the kids go to bed.

20200721_175839.jpg20200721_175814.jpg20200721_175751.jpg20200721_175728.jpg20200721_175653.jpg

She is here! Today I received my new numero huit mini in nude. It definitely has a lot of blush pink undertones. I think the most accurate color is in the picture next to my numero un mini and nano.

For mod shot reference, I am 5'2" and 130 lbs. The strap is on the middle setting. I am glad I went with the mini because I think the full size would stick out too far crossbody for my comfort. That's why my Neo Noe is a shoulder bag only for me (plus the too long strap).

It is fairly easy to get into, at least as easy as any other bucket bag. I will say I believe it has slightly less capacity than my nano because of the shape. So far, I tossed in a mini pochette, small zip wallet, cles, phone and card case with no problem. I can do more on what fits if people are interested after the kids go to bed.

View attachment 4795638View attachment 4795639View attachment 4795640View attachment 4795641View attachment 4795642

Congratulations on your new beauty! :yahoo: Thank you for the helpful review!

Reactions: Specialk22
The Numero Un Mini now comes as a backpack! I'm so excited for this. I always thought the shape was more fitting as a backpack than a crossbody. You can still wear this version as a crossbody, or as a shoulder bag with the straps doubled.

View attachment 4792242View attachment 4792244

View attachment 4792248
I’m obsessed with this as a backpack, I’d mentioned it months ago here that I wished it were an option: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/polene-handbags.968366/page-57#post-33421823. Now if they’d do this to the larger one I’d pull the trigger super quick.

Has anyone ordered it? If so, I can’t wait to see pictures!

Last edited:
Reactions: Sarah03