Please interpret this email for me...

lol You guys! You are hilarious! lol Thanks so much for the different points of view especially the "RUN FAST" responses. I hadn't considered that he's playing mind games and is attempting to force me out on a limb.

Kiari said:
Okay i haven't read the responses yet so if you have updated, I'm sorry.

RUN FOR THE HILLS!!! THOSE HILLS OPPOSITE DIRECTION OF THE MOUTAINS!!
This guy can't communicate to a 2 year old and I can't STAND it when a man expects me or anyone to sit around and wait and decipher his code.

Girl, other direction----go now and don't look back.

sorry if this isn't what you want to hear?

I totally agree! What kind of guy sends an unsolicited email detailing how he doesn't know how he feels about you? If he's interested but not sure yet, he should call you up to for either a conversation or ask you out. I don't know what kind of men you like, but he doesn't sound too assertive or proactive.

lol...you girls read my mind. that's why i don't wait around for a guy to buy me bags. i just rather buy it myself. sounds like this guy has some internal issues he needs to figure out. the last thing you want to have happen is fall for him and the 6 months to 1 year later hear the "It's not you, it's me" garbage. it may be different if you guys were seriously dating etc and he can't decide if he wants to get more exclusive...but this is retarded. if he wants to figure things out, wouldn't it make more sense to date you first for a while, exclusively or not and then decide? that mountain thing is a load of you-know-what. he's probably going to the mountain with someone else (i.e. another girl, probably has a GF) and that's why he is so confused. tell him to go to the mountain and stay there.

I don't know... he seem like the one wanted to be pursued by you and make things more complicated (those codes I don't some people like codes I guess) then it should be. If you really like him and think he really worth the time then play along and go for it! If not, I agree with everyone else run! Girl run!!!

theITbag said:
lol...you girls read my mind. that's why i don't wait around for a guy to buy me bags. i just rather buy it myself. sounds like this guy has some internal issues he needs to figure out. the last thing you want to have happen is fall for him and the 6 months to 1 year later hear the "It's not you, it's me" garbage. it may be different if you guys were seriously dating etc and he can't decide if he wants to get more exclusive...but this is retarded. if he wants to figure things out, wouldn't it make more sense to date you first for a while, exclusively or not and then decide? that mountain thing is a load of you-know-what. he's probably going to the mountain with someone else (i.e. another girl, probably has a GF) and that's why he is so confused. tell him to go to the mountain and stay there.

theITbag, you seriously crack me up! :biggrin: I wish you could be my real-life girlfriend over here in California!

He sounds very confused, and I want to say that I think it's "confused" leaning towards a positive result? This is the reason why I hate personal e-mails - it's hard to intrepret someone's meaning and intent since we all read e-mails differently. I think the best thing for you is to decide how you feel about him as well, and wait until he gets back. Good luck!

SuLi said:
He sounds very confused, and I want to say that I think it's "confused" leaning towards a positive result? This is the reason why I hate personal e-mails - it's hard to intrepret someone's meaning and intent since we all read e-mails differently. I think the best thing for you is to decide how you feel about him as well, and wait until he gets back. Good luck!

Wait??? Don't wait for anything. There are lots of fish in the sea, no need to be waiting around for anyone. If you smell a rotten fish, swim the opposite direction. Things should not be so complicated so early on. Go meet someone new, and when things are right, it will go much more smoothly.

^^ I agree totally. like what others said, this guy seems passive-aggressive and melodramatic. i don't think this much energy should be exerted at such an early stage. hey, and you never know, if you just go on about your business, that should force him to be more decisive. but if you play along, he'll continue to string you along. girl, good luck!

Okay, HE has come down from the mountain... lol! He wants to talk tonight. I'm going to do a lot of eye-lash batting and make a lot of ambiguous comments to give him a dose of his own medicine.