Please interpret this email for me...

He seems really confused- I had no idea guys even wrote e-mails like that!

He seems interested- but also like the kind of person who would play too many stupid games where you have no idea whats going on with him.

:smile: You're too cute to not be sure if someone likes you or not! Good luck Intlset.

He probably thought it made more sense when he wrote it, we have all written something, (especially when it involves feelings) that we thought was good, made sense, and then later read it and thought, huh??? I wouldn't worry bout that.

I think what he is saying is that you went from someone interesting to know, to friends, to maybe someone he wants to have a relationship with but he is not sure whether he wants to be just friends or to have a relationship, that is what the ambivilence is about--not whether he likes you at all or not at all. He probably wants to get to know you better too--his remark about not knowing you enough--y'know how "knowing about someone" in a relationship is different than "knowing someone in friendship", your standards/requirements (for lack of better words) are different. I think the remark about clearing is head is to decide whether to pursue knowing more about you for a relationship or to remain friends.

Boy, I hope that ^^^ makes sense! LOL :lol:

I would probably respond to him, wish him a nice trip and any other remarks kind of depends on whether you want to be more than friends with him but at this point I wouldn't say "too" much, I am just wondering if he is looking to your response to give him more information to think about?? Y'know??

So, do you like him?? :amuse: Good luck.

Hey, I think it is good, look at it this way, he is actually mature enough to give a relationship thought not just jump into it!

I've learned that men are generally simple in communication. What they say is what you read at face value. Unfortunately, this email is from someone who's confused. It sounds like you'll just have to be patient and see if he "unconfuses" himself.... Good luck!

angelica said:
I think he likes you and wants to get to know you better!

I agree. I think he does like you, but is not sure where to go from here, so he wants to get to know you better. He said you've been on his mind a lot :amuse:

He does sound somewhat confused, though, so I'd give him some time to work things out in his head, so he's not as :wacko: as he sounds in the e-mail :P

wickedassin said:
I've learned that men are generally simple in communication. What they say is what you read at face value. Unfortunately, this email is from someone who's confused. It sounds like you'll just have to be patient and see if he "unconfuses" himself.... Good luck!

I think Wicked said it very well!!

I recently had a "man issue" (long story!) and turned to a male friend of many years for advice. Wow! Did he ever enlighten me on the male psyche! Just like Wicked said, he explained to me how simple men really are. I think Wicked nailed it.

He likes you, but not sure if he ought to pursue the relationship. It sounds like he has other kinds of commitments like a girlfriend, school....whatever.

Oww.. he seems very confused. I think he likes you, but not as a friend, and he (for some reason) hasn't figured out why he likes you the way he does..

ummm.. that's just my guess. Very very hard to figure out, this buddy of yours :biggrin:

melisande said:
What's with this "successfully transitioned" like you were running through a series of paces!! (LOL) Not sure if I love that language, though maybe it was unintentional, and meant differently than it reads. It could come across as a bit of vanity/ self-love but obviously I don't know the guy at all.

Does sound as though he likes you, but is a bit self-involved, moody, over-thinking of things? But don't have the physicality of him at all, to compare this to.

I agree with melisande. That bit about successful transition would really bother me, like you were trying hard to win him over. Seems a bit full of himself. And it's not a phrase that would easily roll off someone's tongue so it sounds like it's a phrase he's thought about before putting it down in an email. Well, I don't know him or the situation so please take all this with a grain of salt ;) . But in the end, none of this matters if you don't like him. So the real question is, do you like him??

I think he is interested -- for real. But he is afraid of being rejected, so he is dangling the info. out there to see how you will respond. That way if you aren't interested, he won't be embarrassed if he's rejected. My husband coaches girls and I heard their stories/scenarios all the time. That is my take on it. I think if you like him -- ask him if the trip to Soda Springs cleared his head and what his thoughts are now?

IntlSet said:
So, before I go, I thought I should let you know that I still don't really understand you. I think you've successfully transitioned from being someone interesting to know, to someone I like, but I don't know. You know? There's quite a bit of ambivalience. At the very least, you've been someone who's on my mind quite a lot. Maybe this trip to the mountians will clear my head.

I'll talk to you sometime in the future. I can't imagine staying up in Soda Springs too long.

I didn't read the rest of the posts before putting mines in, but do you not sense the passive-aggressiveness tone in his email?

He likes you. But he doesn't want to put it all out there, so he gives himself an "out" by saying he's going to "clear his mind" by going to the mountains.

He's waiting for you to respond and say, "no! you don't need to clear your head, I feel the same way you do about me!"

Make sense? :nuts:

Thank you SO MUCH girls.

He's was a University of Chicago econ major so I think that explains his total inability to articulate with words! LOL Maybe he should have done some regression charts for me and that would have explained his point of view better.

Again, thanks for coming to my aid!

IntlSet said:
Quick background: lots of mutual friends, some hanging out, no official dating.

I don't get if he's saying that he's not sure he wants to be friends with me at all (like, he might dislike me), if he's glad we are friends, or if he wants to be more than friends:

So, before I go, I thought I should let you know that I still don't really understand you. I think you've successfully transitioned from being someone interesting to know, to someone I like, but I don't know. You know? There's quite a bit of ambivalience. At the very least, you've been someone who's on my mind quite a lot. Maybe this trip to the mountians will clear my head.

I'll talk to you sometime in the future. I can't imagine staying up in Soda Springs too long.

It's hard to tell what he means by "someone I like." Okay, thanks, ladies. I always appreciate your time!
I think he likes you but also alittle confused. I have a feeling that he want you to say something back to make sure you really likes him. I think he wanted some confirmation from you and himself.

i don't get it... what is there to be confused about??? life's too short to be going to the mountains to be unconfused. isn't that what monks do? there's more to the story than you are letting out. why is there even a question as to whether or not he likes you? is there some conflict of interest or other problems that are preventing you guys from being together? seems simple enough to me if you like him and if there are no obstacles, why does he need to think about it??? there's something else going on...