Please interpret this email for me...

theITbag said:
i don't get it... what is there to be confused about??? life's too short to be going to the mountains to be unconfused. isn't that what monks do? there's more to the story than you are letting out. why is there even a question as to whether or not he likes you? is there some conflict of interest or other problems that are preventing you guys from being together? seems simple enough to me if you like him and if there are no obstacles, why does he need to think about it??? there's something else going on...

LOL! I know, I have no idea. No to be totally frank, I've only even hung out with him a handful of times although they were at really long intervals.

I'm weirded out that he would say anything before absolutely deciding what he thinks. I guess he wants to let me in on his thought process? Uhhhh -- thanks?

Maybe he is just saying that he is starting to really like you and doesnt know if he wants to proceed and during the time that he is away you can think about whether you like him back? lol

Agreed, he clearly does like you but doesn't know how you'd respond if he said so... so he's testing the waters...

Just curious, do you want this to be a "more than friends" situation w/ this guy?

I'm staying out of this one solely because me advising you on what a man means and where the relationship is going is a little like King Herod advising on childcare... but good luck!

Cx

chandi said:
I'm staying out of this one solely because me advising you on what a man means and where the relationship is going is a little like King Herod advising on childcare... but good luck!

Cx

LOL Chandi, every post I read of yours makes me giggle!

Hey spiralsnowman and mandm!

I think I do like him but so far I haven't replied to his email. I have no idea what to say. You gals are right, he is testing the waters. I don't want to seem over-eager or anything, so I guess I'm kind of twiddling my thumbs unless one of you can tell me what to do! lol

I don't know, IntlSet. He seems kinda wimpy and melodramatic to me to be sending you that email and then saying he has things to think over up in the mountains. He could've just asked you out for coffee or something simple like that. If it were me, I'd torture him and reply with an email that read something like, "I'm confused. Did I say or do something that made you need to go think about things? What things? Should I be worried about these things, too?" :lol:

abaglover said:
I don't know, IntlSet. He seems kinda wimpy and melodramatic to me to be sending you that email and then saying he has things to think over up in the mountains. He could've just asked you out for coffee or something simple like that. If it were me, I'd torture him and reply with an email that read something like, "I'm confused. Did I say or do something that made you need to go think about things? What things? Should I be worried about these things, too?" :lol:

Forget playing mind games. If you like the guy, just tell him. What do you have to lose? It makes things easier for him. Nothing for him to be trying to clear up in his head. Simple.

My preference in guys is that they are decisive. I hate wimps and indecisiveness. Honestly, what is there to decide? Yes I like or no I don't like. That's one of my pet peeves...A whole bunch of talk and no action...humph!

Ok, I'll be the voice of dissent. He's ambivalent! When you buy a very expensive new bag, are you ambivalent? Or would you prefer to be swept away by it's charms? Run, run fast.
Sorry.

theITbag said:
Forget playing mind games. If you like the guy, just tell him. What do you have to lose? It makes things easier for him. Nothing for him to be trying to clear up in his head. Simple. Good luck.

Well, see, that's the thing ... I agree with you about the mind games. The thing is that he's the one playing the mind games but it seems that he's too wimpy to admit that he likes her. So why should IntlSet appear "too eager" by being the first to say she likes him? I know, I know ... it's like a vicious circle ... who should say it first? But I think he blew it with the email. So I guess what I'm saying is it depends on how much IntlSet really likes this guy. If she's kind of interested, then he can make the first move. If she is REALLY interested, then she can just tell him she likes him. But to me, it sounds like she is just kind of interested.

Just another thing... I really don't like the way he said "I'll talk to you sometime in the future." I mean... why not just a simple talk to you later or something? I don't know anything about this guy so I'm not making any judgements, but... man. That sentence just irks me a bit. :smile:

It sounds like he likes you, but he wants to keep his options open. Now why he wants to keep his options open is the real question. Is it because he's confused, is there some subterfuge? Reminds me of some sort of STARVING ARTIST syndrome. Lots of jibberjabber without getting to the real point.

Either way, I'd run! FAR FAR AWAY!!! Guys like this are too melodramatic and not worth the pain or patience. (I will also say that my hubby was once like this. We dated for two weeks, broke up for 6 months, and then he realized that he didn't want to be without me.) Do your own thing, once he figures out what he wants and if you're a priority, he will come around. And if not, well, you haven't wasted your time waiting around for him.

Tell him "It's fourth and long, baby, time to punt!" Good luck! Don't let yourself overanalyze and go through the emotional confusion but I know it's hard when you really like someone to just let it go.

Okay i haven't read the responses yet so if you have updated, I'm sorry.

RUN FOR THE HILLS!!! THOSE HILLS OPPOSITE DIRECTION OF THE MOUTAINS!!
This guy can't communicate to a 2 year old and I can't STAND it when a man expects me or anyone to sit around and wait and decipher his code.

Girl, other direction----go now and don't look back.

sorry if this isn't what you want to hear?