Please help me decide - birkin 25 or 30?

Which Birkin size?

• Birkin 25

Votes: 104 33.3%
  • Birkin 30

Votes: 208 66.7%

• Total voters

lialia03

O.G.
Apr 28, 2011
Hi all, I would be grateful for some help on which Birkin (retourne) size to go for. I am really torn between the 25 or the 30.

I am 171cm (5’7) and this will be my first quota bag.

My hesitation is that the 25 is too micro for my height but the 30 is too big to take to dinner? I have been able to try on the 25 in store but my SA didn’t undo the wings so it looked smaller than what it may actually look.

Thank you!

Hi all, I would be grateful for some help on which Birkin (retourne) size to go for. I am really torn between the 25 or the 30.

My hesitation is that the 25 is too micro for my height but the 30 is too big to take to dinner? I have been able to try on the 25 in store but my SA didn’t undo the wings so it looked smaller than what it may actually look.

Thank you!
Hi, I already have a Birkin 30, I'm 158 and to be honest it's not too big. I really like the 25 in picture but in real, I find it smaller than in picture. And you have to take in consideration that the 25 have really really small handles !
I would like a second Birkin and I'm in the same hesitation as you...but for a first one, I will definitely advise to go for a 30. :smile:

Personally I don't like B25s batwinged (and it doesn't make the bag much bigger).

Neither bag is an evening bag by any stretch, but yes, the 25 is a bit better to take out at night.

In the end, the 30 is an incredible tote in a great size that is usable and appropriate any day, and can be carried in the crook of your arm.

The 25 is fine if you don't carry too much and are ok with hand/wrist carry (I can carry it on my arm but I'm fairly petite).

Both look good on someone 5'7" IMO.

Thank you!
I'm 6ft tall and B30 is maybe right for my frame but I carry it empty and I'm rather disappointed with it's big size. Pick for the use cases, not for the frame. I am told constantly that I can only carry B35 and K35/40 but not sure what exactly I'd do with them.

Adding a pic here. I'm your height (172) and I don't feel the B30 is proportionately too big for casual dinners; on the contrary, I feel the B25 is definitely too small on me (it also doesn't look nice with the sangles being almost pulled out the sides if you try to overly wing the bag). Neither is a true evening bag anyways for more formal dinners.

PXL_20221105_202850123_mh1673447963268.jpg

Given the style of the bag (tote), I find that the 25 looks like someone shrunk it...it to me doesn't look like a bag that was "meant to be" in that small a size. For the purpose you stated, I'd rather do a Kelly or something else. I DO find the B30 to be a fantastic all-around bag that is appropriate for more casual social occasions.

I am also 5'7" and did B30 (mauve sylvestre PHW) for my first quota a few months ago and I don't think it's too big at all! She's a perfect size - I've taken her to elegant dinners (not too big at all) and shopping daytime and she's a perfect size for both. You wouldn't do a birkin (B25) for a black tie or something truly 'evening' anyways. B25 only fitting through the arm to the wrists is not ideal in my opinion. But I'm NYC based where I have coats and sweaters to consider also...I'm so happy for you either way! Lots of ppl loove their B25 and don't mind that it only goes through to their wrists. Good luck with your decision :smile:

I am the same height as you and I personally really dislike the B30 on my frame. I feel like it looks far too big and I never carry enough to justify the size. I also think that the B25 isn't that small - but I am comparing it with K20 (which I wear often) and K25 (my number 1 preferred size). I agree with other comments that neither is a true evening bag but I feel the B25 is more versatile and goes with everything I wear. It depends on your style - I find the B30 very elegant and mature looking and the B25 more fun and youthful

Funny how now long ago the B35 was the "go to" Birkin and the B30 was the "small one." With the trend towards micro bags, everything shifted smaller. Thinking long term, instead of in the moment, I believe you'll be happiest with a B30. As others here have said, it's a great day time bag size that also works for evenings out. For formal occasions, a Kelly pouchette or clutch would be a better choice than a B25.

It totally depends on your personal style... Are you a big bag fan or a small bag fan?

I'm 5'5" and feel the B25 is way too small for me. It's absolutely adorable, but not something I would end up using. I prefer the 30 and maybe even the 35, but that's because like totes to be on the bigger size. For a dressier dinner out, I think even a K28 Sellier would be dressier than a B25.

Good luck with your choice!

Thank you!
I prefer B30 but find it heavy and since it is only hand-held, I hesitate to carry it or only carry it nearly empty, which kind of defeats the purpose of the size 30.