please help, looking for a watch for my wife.

I'm 28, from NYC. I would choose the Rolex. It's classic and a total POWER watch!
I would have been over the moon if I got it from my fiance before the wedding. It would make it that much more special.

I like a stainless steel datejust with fluted bezel, jubilee band and diamond markers. Its just the right amount of bling for a dressy occasion or an important business meeting. I think she would love it!

Good Luck!

I prefer solid white metal, so that Constellation is out for me. I do love it in the stainless or white gold models. I also like the model that Swanky posted in stainless.

The Chopard is stunning in person. I feel like it might be too close to the Charriol in terms of style, but I don't know which one your fiancee has.

My choice is the Rolex or the Cartier Tank (if you go that route). Classic and versatile. Also, it will be nice for her to have something that has a silver or white face as an alternative to her Charriol.

Here's stainless w/ diamonds in ladies size and mid-size if this helps{?}
One w/ roman numerals and diamonds and one w/ just diamonds but w/ date + fluted bezel and oyster bracelet:

attachment.php

Attachments

• photo-5.JPG
    photo-5.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 386
If you bought her the one with the rose gold, you could save money by getting her the one without the diamonds. You could always buy her a diamond face later. Better to spend the money on a watch she wants . Let her know you just can't afford the gold watch & the diamond face. She'll understand. :yes:

You can't be guaranteed that these Rolex's will appreciate. My DH's model was discontinued a few years after he bought it new. Actually I'm wondering now if they gave us the scrap gold price? (He wore it a hand full of times & it looked like new. But again it was a discontinued model.)

Rolex is a great present for a corporate attorney!

^^^ agree with Vegas Long Legs, two tone Rolex without diamond markers costs less than steel/white gold with diamond markers.

I would go for two tone anytime because if I have the steel/white gold, I would upgrade it to the two tone later. So might as well just get the two tone and she can change the dial to diamond markers later.

thanks you guys, i just came back from the store to see the watch again and the rolex, two-tone rose gold and steel without diamonds is still out of my budget, what i can afford says the SA is the datejust whitegold on steel, fluted, jubilee bracelet and roman numeral face :oh:

now im confused whether to get the rolex in the single tone (white gold-steel) or settle for a cheaper alternative? the SA showed me the cartier tank franciase steel or the santos demoiselle steel? what do you guys think? i still feel the rolex is better but do you guys think that my wife will still like it if its not the rose gold? thanks for your replies. :smile:

I was trying on a few watches last week.......

I love the smaller Rolex w/ white gold w/ diamonds.......

I really want one for Christmas!!!

Rolex would be my choice :smile:

Last edited:
or should i just find a way to afford the two tone rolex? :sweatdrop:

Since it's out of your budget, then stick to the Rolex steel/white gold with roman numerals. Your wife would love it.

Since both of you are getting married soon, there's a lot of expenses ahead. She will always find excuses for an upgrade, wedding anniversaries, birthdays.....(trust me....coming from a wife)

My husband always say a watch is to keep track of time....having gold or diamonds in the watch doesn't make it more accurate!! Grr....

Last edited:
I don't like 2-tone personally and I'd prefer a Rolex over a Cartier and I love the one w/ the roman numerals.

. . . you realize she can always exchange it if she isn't in love w/ it right? :biggrin:

thanks swanky for the thought, whats the advantage of a rolex over a cartier? does the cartier have a lower resale and appeal to the ladies? ive heard some comment that the cartier is too plain for some?