Please help identify leather, color and design

As requested, this thread is now the official Help I.D. Hermes leather, color and design thread. Cheers!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited: Please do nat ask for authentication on this thread.

Reply to any questions regarding any items are NOT be taken as a sign of authenticity. You will have to find a reputable paid-for service.

PT

This is not Rouge de Coeur which was a SS19 colour. To me, this seems most like Rouge Casaque which was available 2015. If not that, then maybe Rouge Garance or Rouge Vif.
Hi, thank you for your thoughts. So I actually just sold an RC from 2013, it seems to lean more pink to me and the pico appears to have some orange? (Maybe Its wishful thinking) Do the colors tend to vary from season to season? Here is a pic of mine vs this Pic, does that help with color identification? Thanks again.

AD887DC9-A16F-486E-B70C-3ECD36192ED0.jpeg

Hi, thank you for your thoughts. So I actually just sold an RC from 2013, it seems to lean more pink to me and the pico appears to have some orange? (Maybe Its wishful thinking) Do the colors tend to vary from season to season? Here is a pic of mine vs this Pic, does that help with color identification? Thanks again.

View attachment 5736535

I do not see any undertones in this bag based on my observations of the exterior and the lining. Compared to actual orange-toned reds from 2015 (Rouge Pivoine, etc.), the colour of this Picotin seems like more of a bright, true red.

Yes, colours can vary from season to season. All the dyes Hermès uses are made in batches, and not every batch is exactly the same (even in the same season). Of course, lighting and other factors can play a role as well.

Reactions: embroideryqueen007
I do not see any undertones in this bag based on my observations of the exterior and the lining. Compared to actual orange-toned reds from 2015 (Rouge Pivoine, etc.), the colour of this Picotin seems like more of a bright, true red.

Yes, colours can vary from season to season. All the dyes Hermès uses are made in batches, and not every batch is exactly the same (even in the same season). Of course, lighting and other factors can play a role as well.
Thank you again! I guess I’ll find out next week. I’ll post more pics when it arrives. I do know I adore RDC but the pictures of this pico look like a great red. :smile:

I believe this would be Gris Tourterelle.
Oh interesting! It has a bit of a yellow undertone to it. I’ve only seen photos of grid tourterelle and have always loved it, it would be ironic to think I actually own one and didn’t know. I was almost thinking trench (?) or parchemin (have not seen in person). Here’s the bag alongside an etain and some black and beiges for color comparison:

36773ADE-E724-416A-8CD7-5DE57F3EB3E7.png

Last edited:
Oh interesting! It has a bit of a yellow undertone to it. I’ve only seen photos of grid tourterelle and have always loved it, it would be ironic to think I actually own one and didn’t know. I was almost thinking trench (too dark) or parchemin (have not seen in person). Here’s the bag alongside an etain and some black and beiges for color comparison:

View attachment 5741870
Looks like Trench to me.

Reactions: Kittentoes