Please help identify leather, color and design

As requested, this thread is now the official Help I.D. Hermes leather, color and design thread. Cheers!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited: Please do nat ask for authentication on this thread.

Reply to any questions regarding any items are NOT be taken as a sign of authenticity. You will have to find a reputable paid-for service.

PT

Need confirmation on leather
Recently purchased this vintage regal B35 beauty. It was advertised as Togo, but looking at the leather and its structure it looks more like Ardennes (which I prefer anyway); also released Year 2003, where lots of Ardennes were released. What do you guys think? Togo? Ardenne? or something else?

IMG_4175.jpegIMG_4173.jpeg

Need confirmation on leather
Recently purchased this vintage regal B35 beauty. It was advertised as Togo, but looking at the leather and its structure it looks more like Ardennes (which I prefer anyway); also released Year 2003, where lots of Ardennes were released. What do you guys think? Togo? Ardenne? or something else?

View attachment 4401150View attachment 4401151
Yes, Ardennes.

Reactions: golconda
Thank you! It is indeed a vintage bag from 1994 as the date stamp is x in a circle. I have just never seen a vache natural Kelly before and the seller had described it as box calf.
In my experience the less knowledgeable sellers describe every smooth leather as box calf unless they can get away with calling it Barenia :smile:

In my experience the less knowledgeable sellers describe every smooth leather as box calf unless they can get away with calling it Barenia :smile:

I will keep that in mind! This is my first Kelly and I just can’t get over how beautiful the leather is. I’ve been reading up on Docride’s posts and so looking forward to restoring this vintage beauty to its true glory!

Hello all,

Helping someone ID these vintage Hermes bags. I see a Drag and a Kelly (both look like croc) but having trouble with the other 2.

Anyone have any idea?

IMAGES HERE

Attachments

• IMG_3093.jpg
    IMG_3093.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_3094.jpg
    IMG_3094.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_3095.jpg
    IMG_3095.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 307