Please help identify leather, color and design

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. NORDSTROM WINTER SALE Up to 40% off until February 23rd! Free shipping and free returns! Shop The Sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. As requested, this thread is now the official Help I.D. Hermes leather, color and design thread. Cheers!

fabuleux likes this.
  2. Thank you both! I will be on the lookout for that strap - love it :smile:

Thank you for these photos! This is so helpful. I am glad to know that Rouge H can be a lighter more cherry-type red. I love a good true red that isn't too dark so maybe the pieces I saw just happened to be on the darker end of the spectrum... :smile:

3. Would you know if the bastia was made in gold box? Reason I ask- I have one that was marked as barenia when I bought it, but both my SA and I were not totally convinced, as it just looked "plumper", felt a bit less dry, and the color was a tad lighter. I just assumed it was Butler and called it a day. When I saw your post, it got me thinking, wonder if its Box?
    Here are the two side by side ( Barenia on the Left, and darker)
    I'll also post in Box thread https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/ode-to-box-calf.309526/page-74
    and see what the consensus is there as well.Thanks so much- input always appreciated
    Barenia v Box bastia.png

4. peonies13 likes this.
  5. Could be Natural Vache?

Possum likes this.
  6. That's a good thought as well. Thanks

7. #1296 Jan 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
    I just acquired a vintage kelly 28 (1977). I am a kelly newbie and this Kelly is redyed. Hoping to see if anyone can help me identify the leather type of the Kelly. Help much appreciated! IMG-20200102-WA0013.jpg IMG-20200102-WA0015.jpg

8. Can anyone ID this bracelet (the post says it’s a Petit H bracelet so maybe it has no name?) or recommend something that would work to do this fun shoulder-bag Picotin conversion? I would like to do the same with a P18. Adjustments.JPG

9. Petit H Ajoure Reversible Cuff Bracelet :smile:

10. Thank you!!

11. I've seen conflicting tags of Bambou and Cactus on social media. In some, Bambou is the vibrant one and cactus is bit lighter and on others it's the reverse. So can you guys please confirm - which is cactus and which is bambou? Thank you! I like the top one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Attached Files:

QuelleFromage likes this.
  13. Date stamp of the bags would be more helpful in identifying the exact color as pictures aren’t most accurate due to lighting and monitor screen settings. ;)
    It’s called the Attachie Soie, which I’ve previously posted here. :smile:

14. Unfortunately I don't know @Meta - I've just seen these colours online, so am trying to establish which one is which. Or at least whether Cactus is brighter or Bamboo.

15. Gosh @Meta you know everything :smile: Thank you! Do you happen to have any insight why they're not on the US site yet? Are they special order or are they just new and not released yet?