Please come and see Hermes in Tokyo with me …

LTC, thanks so much for the photos. H is a completely different phenomenon in Japan than anywhere else in the world. Japanese women led the rest of Asian women into the European designer handbag fever since, and Japan has had such a profound impact on H. I've seen in this thread what I probably will never see even in FSH. I've only seen one or two those Loire coinpurses in FSH. But the 30% or so markup in Japan :weird: really prevents me from going there. Maybe one day :yes:

Transcendent1 - Yes, I am not a fan of the 25-30% markup at H boutiques in Japan. All of my big ticket items are from H boutiques in Europe. A girl has gotta get to Europe a couple of times a year for a few special pieces:yes:.

Having said that, a lot of my vintage h items are from Japan. The prices are fantastic and I am able to find a lot of rare and hard to get items only available to the Japanese market. Also, Japanese keep their H in pristine condition, so all my vintage items are in near new condition.

The bottom line is I buy 50% from the boutique and 50% from the reseller, so I can get the best of both worlds. If you fancy a trip to tokyo, we could hit the ginza store and the resellers together. It's only 4 hours away.

LTC- The photos are just so lovely!!!

I remember going to all the reseller's stores when I lived there. So much fun and so much eye-candies! And some are really tempting. And I agree, like you, I managed to add quite a bit to my collection. A lot of the bags that some of the resellers sell are in pristine condition.

I believed the prices in the resale stores have "softened" a little bit. 5-6 years ago and as late as 2 years ago, all the prices were in the stratosphere and I have never seen a kelly or a birkin (except for a diamond one) displayed in the boutiques (The resale shops are a different story). However, on my last trip, I spied a couple of kellys - box or togo, I forget on the shelves. There are actually more bags in the boutiques now than before...

Transcendent1 - Yes, I am not a fan of the 25-30% markup at H boutiques in Japan. All of my big ticket items are from H boutiques in Europe. A girl has gotta get to Europe a couple of times a year for a few special pieces:yes:.

Having said that, a lot of my vintage h items are from Japan. The prices are fantastic and I am able to find a lot of rare and hard to get items only available to the Japanese market. Also, Japanese keep their H in pristine condition, so all my vintage items are in near new condition.

The bottom line is I buy 50% from the boutique and 50% from the reseller, so I can get the best of both worlds. If you fancy a trip to tokyo, we could hit the ginza store and the resellers together. It's only 4 hours away.

I would love to see your vintage finds! Vintage patina drives me :yahoo:. Do post some pics please? :tup:

If I go to Tokyo, I will look you up. It's going to be fun:nuts:

I should have posted new photos of Japanese ladies and their beloved H, but I am been rather lazy in the past few weeks. To be honest, I am so in love with my recent purchase :love:gris pale box kelly élan :love:that I have been petting her too much. :rolleyes:

Anyhow, I am reviving this thread to bring you February 2008 edition of Precious magazine. It features a special section titled “All about the Kelly”. Enjoy! :flowers:

Pic 1 - Cover photo with orange H croc shoulder bag
attachment.php

Pic 2 - Everyone's idol - Princess Grace
attachment.php

Pic 3 - Dazzling diamonds
attachment.php

Pic 4 & 5 - Kelly's galore

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC_0003_edited.JPG
    DSC_0003_edited.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 807
  • DSC_0007_edited.JPG
    DSC_0007_edited.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 821
  • DSC_0008_edited.JPG
    DSC_0008_edited.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 817
  • DSC_0009_edited.JPG
    DSC_0009_edited.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 346
  • DSC_0011_edited.JPG
    DSC_0011_edited.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 818
One more pic from Precious Feb 2008 with an Vert anis plume action pic plus photos from my mobile phone camera from the H boutique at Tokyo midtown. I didn't get a chance to go inside as the story was already.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

DSC_0028_edited.JPGIMG_1647_edited.jpgIMG_1646_edited.jpgIMG_1645_edited.jpg