Perfume Chat Thread

@Chanbal, I am glad you enjoyed the vintage Diorissimo pictures.:smile: I actually haven't been using Diorissimo for very long, but it's my favorite lily of the valley fragrance, especially the vintage version. Prior to getting my bottles of Diorissimo, my fave was Aqua Allegoria Lilia Bella from Guerlain (discontinued). I decided to put it on today, and I have to say it's very lovely too.

Reactions: Chanbal and limom
@limom I came across Aerin Rose de Grasse during my impossible search for a favorite rose fragrance, but I didn't try this one yet. However, it has excellent reviews at the Nordstrom site. If you decide to get a bottle, let us know what you think about it.

@Purses & Perfumes I saw your Vintage Diorissimo perfume on the other thread. Oh gosh, those bottles brought back many memories and a smile to my face. Thanks!
Thanks sweetie. I just ordered a bottle from the EL site.
25% off sealed the deal:biggrin:

Reactions: Chanbal
I'm a little late to the party with this one, but if you can get Red Temptation from Zara... get it!! It puts my designer fragrances from Estee Lauder, YSL, etc. to shame!! You will not be disappointed. It is the most interesting fragrance and a supposed dupe for Baccarat Rouge 540. I didn't expect to like it from seeing the notes but it is absolutely gorgeous. It has amazing lasting power on clothes and hair, I could smell it in my hair after three days. The notes are just orange, amber and moss... I don't know how it smells so good. I bought the last bottle in store when I was in London and found it in stock on the Zara website so ordered a backup. It was £19.99 for 80ml of EDP.

On me, it smells minty, slightly medicinal and woody, whilst still being sweet and sexy. I can't describe it but it is fantastic. They also do a little 10ml for £4.99 which I'm going to get for my purse!

• Love
Reactions: limom
Is there any feedback on Strangelove? I'm tempted to get the discovery set, but not sure if I want to spend $95 on more samples…

View attachment 5379614

I have replied this question earlier. The scents are complicated and the discovery set offers a chance to understand if they are your cup of tea. I bought this set to find out which scent I would buy. The vials are very well made that you can try each scent 3 times at least.

Is there any feedback on Strangelove? I'm tempted to get the discovery set, but not sure if I want to spend $95 on more samples…

View attachment 5379614
Didn't you or someone else ask this question already because I know more than one of us has answered it already.

I would buy it, but I've smelled them all before and have worn some of them, but I wouldn't spend $95 without getting at least a whiff of one of them beforehand. They use real oud, which can be a turnoff for a lot of people.

• Insightful
Reactions: limom and Tasha1
Didn't you or someone else ask this question already because I know more than one of us has answered it already.

I would buy it, but I've smelled them all before and have worn some of them, but I wouldn't spend $95 without getting at least a whiff of one of them beforehand. They use real oud, which can be a turnoff for a lot of people.
I've been intrigued by Strangelove for quite some time, so it could well have been me. I'm getting getting forgetful! :huh:

To add: real oud is not something used by the houses you seem to gravitate towards @Chanbal so I wouldn't buy that Strangelove set totally blind.
You are right, oud might not be my thing. I don't particularly enjoy MFK-Oud Extrait. In contrast, I'm having a lot of fun with Lalibela that finally arrived.:yahoo: It's such a delightful and elegant fragrance, and it lasts long on my skin.
1650337015394.png