Patina where art thou?

1. I've been using my Speedy for almost two weeks now and the vachetta is still as white as when I bought it. Argh! :evil: I've been letting it tan in the sun and I even used a blowdryer to heat the vachetta in hopes of getting it a little darker but to no avail.

How long do I have to wait? I'm so impatient. Sorry, just have to vent. :shame:

2. Yikes, I don't know if I'd use a hair dryer on the leather. Couldn't that dry it out?

3. If only I could keep mine white! I adore the light white clean look!! I must have alot of something in my skin but mine turn way too fast for me! I could carry it for you for a few weeks!!! Returned a lovely honey color!

4. i woudln't recommend using a blowdryer on the handles....might not be too good for ur bag :sad2:.......i think it depends on how sunny the whether is and i think it takes awhile for a really noticable patina to develop.....i had an LV for liek 4 months and it still only had a slight patina but since you're tanning yours i guess maybe a week or two more?......but i don't think it'll be the beautiful golden color for awhile

5. Yeah, I don't think the blowdrying thing is good. I'm so desperate.

6. Mine is JUST starting to patina, it's a very pale honey color. FINALLY!
    I think it's been about 4 weeks{?}

7. I can't bear to part with my Speedy, I just :love: her so. Thanks for the offer :biggrin:

8. Yay! Thanks for the info Swankymama. :biggrin: Two weeks and counting...

9. Just be patient. I know it takes a while but it's worth it if you naturally let it happen. Enjoy the white vachetta handles for now. :biggrin:

10. i have used my keepall for one day and the handels and a patina already.

11. Enjoy your bag as it develop the pantina!
    For me, it's like a honey moon period for me and my new bag :smile:
    I started browsing for new bags after my bag dvelops patina....

12. i love watching the progress of the leather. its like a science project haha

13. Just be patient, I have a whole bunch of new bags and there all white as the day I bought them.

14. I know you're one of those people who like the signature patina, but I hate patina, if it were up to me, there would be a spray to stop the process altogether..

15. I was waiting fooooorever for the patina on my Speedy. It never came. I only used it a handful of times before I sold it on the forum. Bah. I probably would've kept it if it came with its own ready-made-patina. I should really looking into a used LV.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice