Official Hermes Belt Thread

Hermès size Waist circumference cm to in ... just measure your waist or where you want the belt to hit you... this info is on their website under the belt kits size guide link...
70cm - 27.5"
75cm - 29.5"
80cm - 31.5"
85cm - 33.5"
90cm - 35.4"
95cm - 37.4"
100cm - 39.4"
105cm - 41.3"
110cm - 43.3"
115cm - 45.3"
120cm - 47.2"

It is better to purchase in store. Often the SA can help you purchase from the website or can order the belt you want and let you know when it comes into the store.
That's what I was hoping! I also prefer the experience of purchasing in store, so if the SAs can help find the ideal combination, and this counts towards the purchase history, that would be perfect.

I'm also curious, how do custom orders work? Is there a way to customize the color combinations even if they're not offered? Or this is only possible for bags?

That's what I was hoping! I also prefer the experience of purchasing in store, so if the SAs can help find the ideal combination, and this counts towards the purchase history, that would be perfect.

I'm also curious, how do custom orders work? Is there a way to customize the color combinations even if they're not offered? Or this is only possible for bags?
Yes I would definitely find the color combination you want online, then go to the store and show your SA. More than likely they can find it somewhere in the network, or they may even have it in their store's stock.

Do keep in mind, though...even if they have the leather combination you want, they may not have the buckle you want or the size/length you need.

Reactions: anastasiya26
My priority is color combination/specs, but ideally both.
My first H item was the 32mm reversible belt that I bought in store. It's always better to buy in store from one particular SA that you click/vibe with. That's how you build a profile and relationship with a SA to get harder to get items such as bags in the future. Every purchase is considered, especially ones that are in store as that SA earns commission. Meanwhile, online H purchases still get taken into account, but the SA doesn't earn commission and you don't get the in store experience and relationship building with that SA.

My first H item was the 32mm reversible belt that I bought in store. It's always better to buy in store from one particular SA that you click/vibe with. That's how you build a profile and relationship with a SA to get harder to get items such as bags in the future. Every purchase is considered, especially ones that are in store as that SA earns commission. Meanwhile, online H purchases still get taken into account, but the SA doesn't earn commission and you don't get the in store experience and relationship building with that SA.
Thank you! What color combination did you end up getting? Ideally I was hoping for a gold brown with the taupe on the other side, but that combination is unavailable so my second favorite is the gold brown with the white on the other side, but I'm worried about issues with color transfer.

Do you still love and wear yours?

Reactions: themk888
Thank you! What color combination did you end up getting? Ideally I was hoping for a gold brown with the taupe on the other side, but that combination is unavailable so my second favorite is the gold brown with the white on the other side, but I'm worried about issues with color transfer.

I know it's not white---but I have multiple belts in light colors such as orange, yellow, and trench--I have not had a color transfer problem with any of them. I've worn them with blue pants, black pants and dark denim and they all seem to be fine. But I am also very careful with my items as well. :blush:

My strap is in Vert-De-Gris and Blanc, so it's kinda like an evergreen colour with white on the other side. Both sides are in Epsom leather (very durable). Yes, I love my belt and still wear it often. My buckle is not produced anymore, it's a more geometric looking H in palladium with 2 colours of lacquer in the H (gris asphalt and noir). If you get Epsom in white, colour transfer isn't really an issue as I wear mine with blue jeans and nothing has transferred.

Hi everyone,
I ordered a Kelly belt online and went to pick it up at my local boutique. At home I realised that the buckle does not click like my other one. I went back and they sent it to repair - now I got an email informing me that this item cannot be repaired. What do I do?

Hi everyone,
I ordered a Kelly belt online and went to pick it up at my local boutique. At home I realised that the buckle does not click like my other one. I went back and they sent it to repair - now I got an email informing me that this item cannot be repaired. What do I do?
Your SA should be the one that provides you next steps.

If I understand correctly, you picked it up from the store sight unseen and an hour later when you got home you realized there was a defect? If so, this situation sounds pretty straightforward. Either they find you another one or just refund you.

Or are you saying you used/wore it. Then later realized the buckle doesn't click...then took it for repair, and they are saying it's unrepairable?

Last edited:
Your SA should be the one that provides you next steps.

If I understand correctly, you pickrd it up from the store sight unseen and an hour later when you got home you realized there was a defect? If so, this situation sounds pretty straightforward. Either they find you another one or just refund you.

Or are you saying you used/wore it. Then later realized the buckle doesn't click...then took it for repair, and they are saying it's unrepairable?
I never wore it, took off the stickers at home a few days after picking it up and realised it doesn‘t click.

Reactions: FrenchNewbie
Does anyone have an Elan Pocket belt? Is a pocket any bigger than the one Kelly pocket belt has? I only bought a Kelly belt without the pocket back in the day, as pocket these seemed to have a very limited function. Curious to see if anything other than a credit card can fit into the Elan Pocket belt :smile:

Has anyone else's belt split near the buckle insert hole? I pulled out my belt to wear for the first time in a year (got it early 2023) and saw that the leather had split from where I removed the buckle! Devastated but not sure if this is normal wear and tear.

Attachments

• IMG_5772.JPG
    IMG_5772.JPG
    184 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5773.JPG
    IMG_5773.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5774.JPG
    IMG_5774.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 15
Has anyone else's belt split near the buckle insert hole? I pulled out my belt to wear for the first time in a year (got it early 2023) and saw that the leather had split from where I removed the buckle! Devastated but not sure if this is normal wear and tear.
How often do you use your belt? I don't think this is normal wear and tear. I've had my 32mm since January 2023 (over a year now), and mine still looks pristine. Perhaps it has something to do with mine being Epsom leather, which has an embossed grain on top of the leather (possibly acting as a tougher layer)? I know that Swift leather is more delicate than Epsom, but shouldn't split like yours did. Personally, I would call Hermès or if you have an ongoing relationship with a SA, talk to him/her about this issue and see if they can replace it for you as this is not normal.