Official Hermes Belt Thread

Hermès size Waist circumference cm to in ... just measure your waist or where you want the belt to hit you... this info is on their website under the belt kits size guide link...
70cm - 27.5"
75cm - 29.5"
80cm - 31.5"
85cm - 33.5"
90cm - 35.4"
95cm - 37.4"
100cm - 39.4"
105cm - 41.3"
110cm - 43.3"
115cm - 45.3"
120cm - 47.2"

Can you just buy buckles?? I've never asked my SA as I heard you can't. But maybe if you ask? I have several belts in 24MM and don't really need more but I would like a CDC buckle to mix it up. I currently have the mini Constance buckle.
Unfortunately, you would have to buy a new belt kit, as Hermès does not sell the buckles separately. The leather belt straps, however, can be purchased separately.

Reactions: FashioniistaXO
Here's my latest belt buckle - Destrier H010634UJJ4 shown with an Etain strap. I love the sculptural, 3-D quality of the horse's head - and it doesn't scream Hermes like my Constance buckle does now (as the H tends to be so recognizable now). Plus this is in Polished Inox. Inox is also known as Incalloy 316 stainless steel. I find this nerdy fact charming because as a chemical engineer my first job was in an oil refinery responsible for the Hydrocracking unit (it adds hydrogen under high pressure to oil to upgrade it to lighter & more valuable products). This type of specialty (expensive) stainless steel has to be used in a hydrogen rich environment. Anyway - enough said. Buckle also comes in matte black H010635UH89.
Sorry about the crappy images - my phone is cheap & I'm a novice at selfies.
Buckle 1.jpgBuckle 2.jpg1700238890453.png1700238912309.png

Here's my latest belt buckle - Destrier H010634UJJ4 shown with an Etain strap. I love the sculptural, 3-D quality of the horse's head - and it doesn't scream Hermes like my Constance buckle does now (as the H tends to be so recognizable now). Plus this is in Polished Inox. Inox is also known as Incalloy 316 stainless steel. I find this nerdy fact charming because as a chemical engineer my first job was in an oil refinery responsible for the Hydrocracking unit (it adds hydrogen under high pressure to oil to upgrade it to lighter & more valuable products). This type of specialty (expensive) stainless steel has to be used in a hydrogen rich environment. Anyway - enough said. Buckle also comes in matte black H010635UH89.
View attachment 5895926View attachment 5895928View attachment 5895930View attachment 5895931
Love your story :heart And it’s the connection to the brand through stories like these make the H experience truly special! Congrats and thanks for sharing! I learned something new today :smile

View attachment 5895926View attachment 5895928View attachment 5895930View attachment 5895931
Wow! What a fabulous buckle, and how nice to have such a connection to this piece. It looks great on you.

• Thanks
Reactions: HolyC and shrpthorn
I was blown away by the belt thread - all 300+ pages of it! Decided to get my first H belt (you know, new jeans, must have a new belt and only H will do :P) I know myself, I don’t wear belts very much, but it seems time to have a nice one! I suspect the new belt will get worn much more than other ones.

Thanks to all posters here from ago and current. It’s hard to figure out how the H belts work and finally found a few posts that showed me (sorry I can’t remember who, spent more than an hour perusing this thread yesterday before ordering). I plan to post once it arrives, and to show the front and back of the buckle and how it works, if I can truly figure it out :flowers:

Hi! I’m hoping to make my first Hermes belt purchase. All my Gucci belts are in size 90.Is it safe to assume that my Hermes belt should be the same size? I am aware that it will have 3 holes instead of the Gucci’s 5. I generally use the 3rd (middle) hole in my Gucci belts. Thank you in advance!

Hi! I’m hoping to make my first Hermes belt purchase. All my Gucci belts are in size 90.Is it safe to assume that my Hermes belt should be the same size? I am aware that it will have 3 holes instead of the Gucci’s 5. I generally use the 3rd (middle) hole in my Gucci belts. Thank you in advance!
I wouldn't assume either on sizing. If you can, go into the boutique. I may not be describing this very well, but they have a special graduated tape measure/belt with the measurements in cms that can give you the right measure for the belt strap length (or at least my store did when I was looking to buy my first belt kit).

Are you talking about the giant H buckle belts? Because personally I am not a fan of it (men or women). H makes other more low key belts for men that people might not recognize immediately.

I think belts are a great gift if you know the recipient wears belts daily.
He does wear belts daily. Which one do you recommend? H au Carre and Jumbo look nice, they don’t scream Hermes to me but they still have the DNA.

He does wear belts daily. Which one do you recommend? H au Carre and Jumbo look nice, they don’t scream Hermes to me but they still have the DNA.
I don't have firsthand experience of purchasing men's belts, but personally I like the look of Etriviere and Romain. But ofc it depends on your DH's style! I've only bought one women's belt (gamma) so far and I love it.