Offended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so we can have threads such as "Father threw his children to their death off balcony", or "look how drunk our birthday fun was" but we are not allowed to be silly and speak about farts?

:tdown:

Apparently not. We cant have CMSP club either, because general discussion section isnt a chat room. I would like to ask with all due respect HOW do the other club threads relate to general discussion thread then?

Its not like we created an exclusiive invite only club, darn, I myself only posted there like 2 or 3 nights due to time zone difference but I was always welcomed and included with open arms.

have you guys read what I wrote?

The accusations about us PMing one another to pick and choose is pretty far fetched and hurtful. That's a big ass assumption . . .

We review everything before it gets edited or closed. At least I do.

I haven't said anything hurtful to anyone of you, I'd respectfully ask for the same consideration.

The accusation was that members are PMing mods with their personal unfounded vendettas, not that the mods have personal vendettas. Apologies if that wasn't clear.

Sorry Vlad and I were not here to read this previously. We are in NYC right now, so we are not on the forum as much as we typically are. But I can tell you why thread 1 was closed (shoe polish thread).

Shoe polish thread was closed because it did go completely off topic. If it were an April Fool's, I personally think it lasted a bit long. I did not know that Caxe gave it the go ahead, but it looked like silly thread hijacking to me. I guess I was looking so quickly that I did not get it. It was reported and I was PMd by about a dozen people. So at least a dozen other people did not get it too.

General discussion is for off topic threads! But each thread needs to stay to its original topic, KWIM? That is why the first thread was closed.

As for the second, I think it can stay open, as it is an off topic thread on boring 'things'. As long as it sticks to that, then it is just like any other long club type thread.

But I don't think that we are unfair in our closing etc. I am sure many do not agree at times, which is perfectly fine, but it is hard to monitor every post and thread per day. If a thread is reported we look into it. Sometimes it needs editing, sometimes it needs closing, sometimes it is left alone. But I don't always leave an explanation. Typically I think it speaks for itself.

If you are going to do a prank, I guess let me or Vlad know. Not because you have to, but so we know what it going on. Honestly I had NO idea what was going on, did not get the avatars, etc. I was seriously confused and wondering if your names were hijacked!!! No joke!

So boring thread can stay... no harm done.

:yahoo: Thank you so much!!! I appreciate the explanation, and the re-opening of the boring thread!:tup:

Sorry about the prank, it was meant in good, harmless fun, not to offend anyone.:shame:

thanks Megs. I think people were perplexed cause even though it went off topic (shoe polish thread) other threads that are waaay off topic now (ie; the thread killer thread) is still going strong. it was confusing.

accusing Jill of closing a thread because "Anne" started is is ridiculous.
You must think she or we have more time on our hands than we do. There's no "list":lol:
Good lawd!

NO NO NO, I wasnt accusing her. I was just saying thats what it looked like, and I was wondering if OTHER PEOPLE reported it, just because she started the thread. No accusations towards Jill whatsoever!

Anywho, its back open:yahoo:

Sorry Vlad and I were not here to read this previously. We are in NYC right now, so we are not on the forum as much as we typically are. But I can tell you why thread 1 was closed (shoe polish thread).

Shoe polish thread was closed because it did go completely off topic. If it were an April Fool's, I personally think it lasted a bit long. I did not know that Caxe gave it the go ahead, but it looked like silly thread hijacking to me. I guess I was looking so quickly that I did not get it. It was reported and I was PMd by about a dozen people. So at least a dozen other people did not get it too.

General discussion is for off topic threads! But each thread needs to stay to its original topic, KWIM? That is why the first thread was closed.

As for the second, I think it can stay open, as it is an off topic thread on boring 'things'. As long as it sticks to that, then it is just like any other long club type thread.

But I don't think that we are unfair in our closing etc. I am sure many do not agree at times, which is perfectly fine, but it is hard to monitor every post and thread per day. If a thread is reported we look into it. Sometimes it needs editing, sometimes it needs closing, sometimes it is left alone. But I don't always leave an explanation. Typically I think it speaks for itself.

If you are going to do a prank, I guess let me or Vlad know. Not because you have to, but so we know what it going on. Honestly I had NO idea what was going on, did not get the avatars, etc. I was seriously confused and wondering if your names were hijacked!!! No joke!

So boring thread can stay... no harm done.

Thank you for your post and being voice of reason, Megs.

thanks Megs. I think people were perplexed cause even though it went off topic (shoe polish thread) other threads that are waaay off topic now (ie; the thread killer thread) is still going strong. it was confusing.

We can't see all threads :nogood:

I realize that many threads are off topic. And believe me, I do not get grossed out easily and I realize everyone farts, but some of the comments were REALLY gross (highlighter comment). I do realize everyone poops and farts, but to go into details just made no sense. I guess I really just did not get the joke, neither did tons of other members. That is why it was looked into and why it was closed.

And off topic thread on boring things is fine... do enjoy that!

Status
Not open for further replies.