Offended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
you guys are coming at us fast and furiously now! LOL! I'm putting those 3 same people to bed right now so sorry if I'm short and sporadic. . . .

There were 90 complaints? Really?

Swanky, may I ask what some of the complaints were about?

I was actually trying to post 900, not 90 oddly enough:lol:
I threw a # out there I did not actually count them, it was A LOT, trust me.
Mostly the complaints were that threads we rebeing hijacked, distatsteful {talking about farts and fart flavored highlighters ya know ;)}

I'll PM you about a particular member then.

The April Fool's prank was 1) harmless 2)specifically carried out in thread where we thought people would have a sense of humor about it and 3)lasted about 10 minutes. Anyone who was offended by it utterly lacks a sense of humor.

I bolded a part that's not true. It was some part of yesterday into this morning.
Also, it wasn't in one thread as you mentioned, it was in other threads, namely a Cooking Forum thread that was already cleaned up.

So, this is what Im getting. If someone has something against a member of the forum, "X" will report all of "Y" threads she opens, and they will get closed just because it was reported.

no, absolutely not. nevah evah.
Or some people abuse their power for themselves or their friends?? Ughh. I hope I dont get in trouble for saying that one now.. :confused1:

:confused1: if you have something to say about a Mod or a member please PM me or Vlad or someone. . . that's kind of a big accusation IMO.

I think if it were one complaint the mods would deal with it. The problem was, there were were so many complaints about the posts in a particular thread. Given the fact that the mods have lives of their own, they obviously can't address each and every one of those complaints.

They had to do what's best for the forum in general and that meant closing that thread.

And I would like to apologize if any of my posts in that thread were the cause of anyone being offended.

Seriously, what is to stop one member from including others in a vendetta against the threads of people they dislike? I have seen a personal problem taken out on an innocent member's thread recently and as far as I know the victimizer was never reprimanded and is still doing such things as we speak.
They PM each other to complain about so and so's thread and boom it's closed. What if we all resorted to such behavior? The mods would never get a break. I prefer "live and let live" myself.

So, this is what Im getting. If someone has something against a member of the forum, "X" will report all of "Y" threads she opens, and they will get closed just because it was reported.

I'm wondering that too. Reported posts and threads shouldn't be closed or deleted until they have been reviewed. Even if it's hundreds and hundreds of complaints, it's not fair to shut them down unless it's something really graphic, like a spammer wanting to sell fakes. :wtf: LOL!

Why do I get the impression that some were simply jealous of the friendships and fun topics being discussed by about the 6 or 7 people on that thread? I am not one of those 6-7 people, by the way. I posted very little on that thread, so I don't really have anything invested in this. I'm just curious. This isn't directed to the mods, but to the 90 or so people who complained...really, what was so horrible about those threads?

Ok, so we can have threads such as "Father threw his children to their death off balcony", or "look how drunk our birthday fun was" but we are not allowed to be silly and speak about farts?

:tdown:

Im not even on Caxe's thread anymore, thats whatever. We got an explanation, and I guess, to a certain degree, I understand.

The BORING thread is what really gets me. That had many, many different people posting. What seems to me is that, just because it was Anne that started the thread, it was closed. JMHO!

Im not saying YOU closed it Jill, just because it was Anne, Im saying people complained just because Anne was the one who started the thread.

Swanks and Jill, you know I love you guys but please don't get so angry at us. We are just a little hurt and confused and part of being a Mod I thought was to help the members out when they had issues/questions. You're making us feel like we are attacking you and we are not. You don't have to be Mods, we know. You do it for free. If it is that big of a hassle, why do it then? I personally don't think I could take it myself. But you have chosen the responsibility so I have no problem being understanding with what you go thru, can we get the same consideration? we know you aren't superwomen. we appreciate what you do. but don't take it out on us just because we want to honestly know what we did wrong (talking about the boring thread here - I wasn't in the other one much)

have you guys read what I wrote?

The accusations about us PMing one another to pick and choose is pretty far fetched and hurtful. That's a big ass assumption . . .

We review everything before it gets edited or closed. At least I do.

I haven't said anything hurtful to anyone of you, I'd respectfully ask for the same consideration.

You get a million PMs saying "farters in my thread offend me", you pop in say "keep your farts to yourselves or get closed". Problem solved.

You get a million PMs saying "threads about farts offend me even when the farts are happening in a thread I could choose not to visit", you pop in say "if you don't like farts, stay out of the fart thread." Problem solved.

Sorry Vlad and I were not here to read this previously. We are in NYC right now, so we are not on the forum as much as we typically are. But I can tell you why thread 1 was closed (shoe polish thread).

Shoe polish thread was closed because it did go completely off topic. If it were an April Fool's, I personally think it lasted a bit long. I did not know that Caxe gave it the go ahead, but it looked like silly thread hijacking to me. I guess I was looking so quickly that I did not get it. It was reported and I was PMd by about a dozen people. So at least a dozen other people did not get it too.

General discussion is for off topic threads! But each thread needs to stay to its original topic, KWIM? That is why the first thread was closed.

As for the second, I think it can stay open, as it is an off topic thread on boring 'things'. As long as it sticks to that, then it is just like any other long club type thread.

But I don't think that we are unfair in our closing etc. I am sure many do not agree at times, which is perfectly fine, but it is hard to monitor every post and thread per day. If a thread is reported we look into it. Sometimes it needs editing, sometimes it needs closing, sometimes it is left alone. But I don't always leave an explanation. Typically I think it speaks for itself.

If you are going to do a prank, I guess let me or Vlad know. Not because you have to, but so we know what it going on. Honestly I had NO idea what was going on, did not get the avatars, etc. I was seriously confused and wondering if your names were hijacked!!! No joke!

So boring thread can stay... no harm done.

accusing Jill of closing a thread because "Anne" started is is ridiculous.
You must think she or we have more time on our hands than we do. There's no "list":lol:
Good lawd!

Thanks Mods for taking the time to respond. I really don't think that there was any anger or disrespect directed at you here. I know there wasn't any from me. All we wanted was some answers...

edit- thanks for reopening the thread, Megs. Sorry for any trouble I caused :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.