Offended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
is there really a popular crowd on TPF? (I'm being serious BTW - yeah I know - not really in my nature today)

I don't really think so. I guess, it seems more that there are certain members scattered across the forum who are allowed to say what they please based on a personal friendship with a mod and that if someone disagrees with or somehow offends one of those few, the thread is suddenly closed.

I appreciate the input, Swanky, but if you were getting that many PMs about the shoe-polish forum why not pop in and say something (as I have seen you and other mods do numerous times in other threads)? Also, people are encouraged to take their issues to PM, if so many people were bothered by us why didn't a single person say anything to one of us?

Wow...people complained about the thread? 90 complaints? That's a lot...I never would have IMAGINED! Okay, hushing up now, I don't wanna sound like a whiner.

Thanks for the explanation, Swanky. It is kind of sad that it was closed, b/c it was a fun thread just to chat- I didn't post at all yesterday, so I'm not sure what the April Fools stuff is about...

Why do I get the feeling that any thread that we all post in is going to be closed now, no matter what it's about? :hrmm:

I have no idea why you'd think that. This is open:shrugs:

oh c'mon Swanks. you are the TPF homcoming queen! :tup::lol:
:wtf::sick:

I think after some people swore it wasn't mean to to be an inside joke and started opening up a little about what it meant people weren't as offended as they were annoyed :P
I don't think anyone believes you guys meant any harm, I know I don't.

anne, I really am clueless about this popular crowd being able to anything stuff:s

clair and bags, about warning people . . . when I woke up this morning my Inbox was full of PMs as well as my e-mail box w/ reported posts.
I had 3 kids to feed, dress and get to school, there was no way I could start filtering through and sending out PMs to everyone.

its just all so disappointing. I've seen worse threads seemingly get no complaints I guess. I'm a little disheartened but I guess I'll get over it. It just feels like we were at a party and the cops busted it up.

lala salama, y'all.
"mfuko na ndula raha", signing out.
:sad:

yes..all of us mods are here sitting at our keyboards..free of charge,mind u,just WAITING to close a thread.................NOT!

I closed the other thread after it was reported AGAIN......and in fact I was out to dinner with my family...the reported posts kept popping up on my iphone...LOVELY FAMILY TIME....SIGh!

Ill be honest...super honest.I do NOT like the tone I am hearing here.The mods are here NOT to BABYSIT......but when we r getting reported posts again and again..ITS TIME TO END A THREAD.
beleive it or not....I do not close threads FOR FUN..I had my one night out with my family..and guess what i was doing.....???HMM??NOT FUN.
so yes...Swanky and I both each closed a thread that was reported alot....LETS move ON!!!!!

I have no idea why you'd think that. This is open:shrugs:

:wtf::sick:

I think after some people swore it wasn't mean to to be an inside joke and started opening up a little about what it meant people weren't as offended as they were annoyed :P
I don't think anyone believes you guys meant any harm, I know I don't.

anne, I really am clueless about this popular crowd being able to anything stuff:s
i think she means if someone is friends with a mod they might get special treatment over someone else?

clair and bags, about warning people . . . when I woke up this morning my Inbox was full of PMs as well as my e-amil box w/ reported posts.
I had 3 kids to feed, dress and get to school, there was no way I could start filtering through adn sending out PMs to everyone.

oh. we don't really see what you guys have to go through. we think its all automated somehow. at least I do. sorry swanks.

I remember my poop thread being closed.. Because this was a "purse forum" not a poop forum. :crybaby: I didn't understand, there are many other things here that talk about things that are not about purses. I only started the thread to hear other funny stories. Ehh, oh well. I guess I wont be able to share my funny poop stories because its waaaay too graphic for some people. :hysteric: I'll have to go over to PM's for shoo to read em instead.

I'll PM you about a particular member then.

The April Fool's prank was 1) harmless 2)specifically carried out in thread where we thought people would have a sense of humor about it and 3)lasted about 10 minutes. Anyone who was offended by it utterly lacks a sense of humor.

Status
Not open for further replies.