Offended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I frequently posted in the shoe polish one and I thought it was fun and funny. I am sorry to see it closed.

But if I may, I think it may have been closed because it kind of veered too much into 'inside joke' territory.

Club Bagnshoo stays open because it seems like a fun, random thread that's open to everyone?

I think.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

We welcomed all posters...we really did. And any "outside" jokes we explained when asked...

...sigh.

Oh, well. It's all fun and games, like they say...until someone's eye gets poked out.

(Anyone have a smiley with an eye patch, BTW?)

We welcomed all posters...we really did. And any "outside" jokes we explained when asked...

...sigh.

Oh, well. It's all fun and games, like they say...until someone's eye gets poked out.

but every forum has "inside jokes". sometimes when I peek into the Hermes threads I have no idea what some of the funny comments are referring to. thats okay with me. I'm not offended. It comes with not being in those threads all the time to follow.:sad:

...sigh.

patchsmiley.gif

but every forum has "inside jokes". sometimes when I peek into the Hermes threads I have no idea what some of the funny comments are referring to. thats okay with me. I'm not offended. It comes with not being in those threads all the time to follow.:sad:

:true: the kneepads joke referring to spoiling DHs in return for bags wasnt exactly the classiest, yet I didnt see anyone offended byt suggestion of such exchange.

share please.

LOL...I'm a little afraid to, now. We've inadvertantly (sp) stepped on some toes now, so...who knows what will and won't get a thread closed at this point in time...or get any of us in trouble? My grandmother used to tell me (she is now almost 92, by the way, and incredibly wise): "If you can't say anything, just sit there and look pretty."

*sitting here, looking pretty*

:s

LOL...I'm a little afraid to, now. We've inadvertantly (sp) stepped on some toes now, so...who knows what will and won't get a thread closed at this point in time...or get any of us in trouble? My grandmother used to tell me (she is now almost 92, by the way, and incredibly wise): "If you can't say anything, just sit there and look pretty."

*sitting here, looking pretty*

:s

granny knows best! :lol:

A humor thread would be nice. :tup:

As for the mods not having time to post an explanation, I have rarely seen a thread closed without at least a single word from the responsible mod. I understand that the mods are busy, but doesn't closing popular threads with no reason given just cause them more work (via the flurry of PMs asking why)?

What about all the other chat threads? That's basically what they were... Why is it ok for some people to have their own chat thread, but not others? :shrugs:

I'm curious as well. There is the CL thread, as well as the last person thread and even within the subforums, there are general chatty threads. I guess I'm not connecting what the problem was.

Status
Not open for further replies.